Vehicle & Technical > Range Rover

Buyer's Guide - Range Rover P38a

<< < (2/5) > >>

agent006:

--- Quote from: "thermidorthelobster" ---The 4.0V8 is better in this respect, partly because the engine's not been milled out so drastically.
--- End quote ---

4.0 and 4.6 blocks are identical.  The extra .6 is achieved by a longer stroke.

CNorman:
Well surelly if the stroke is longer then the blocks are not the same??

waveydavey:

--- Quote from: CNorman on January 04, 2008, 12:59:03 ---Well surelly if the stroke is longer then the blocks are not the same??

--- End quote ---

It doesn't have to be, as long as there is clearance you just need a crank with a longer throw.
In fact if you wanted to make a bespoke crank you could even have different strokes on each pot - doubt that would be very smooth though.

edy:
i dont know many things about the p38 but i do know two

engine

as already mentioned above, the p38 has a pourus block but do not be over concerned, there is a fluid that you run around the coolant system for 24hr and this shoud cure (or at least help) with the problem

suspension

commonly you will see the p38 with the suspension sitting uneven, but dont walk away yet, all that needs doing is plugging into the computer and resetting the air bags, hey presto! problem solved!

:)

bertie_bas205:
My advice..... Don't buy one!!!!! Get a good classic. I "upgraded" to a V8 P38 and wished i hadn't. Come back my classic!!!

Bertie.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version