Vehicle & Technical > Range Rover

Buyer's Guide - Range Rover P38a

<< < (4/5) > >>

James.Harwood:
Having bought a P38a dhse in January this is my advice.

Shop around before you set your budget, budget for about

Saffy:

--- Quote from: James.Harwood on August 05, 2011, 08:14:09 ---

4. Fuel tank pump died (probably something to do with the Tea Bag that was stuck in it),

--- End quote ---

I LOL'd

James.Harwood:
I am still baffled as to why there was a Tea Bag in the fuel tank........  :blank:

James.Harwood:
I have now fixed the viscous coupling by replacing the entire transfer box (recon unit from Ashcroft), worth doing it this way as the chain in the transfer box should be changed after 120K ish miles.  Only took about 2 hours to change transfer box (with me playing spanner fetcher for someone who knows what they are doing, thanks Dave)....

Am now sorting the after effects of running in 2 wheel drive for over 1 year.  Tyres knackered (ouch).  rubber donut on prop shaft replaced and last to do, uj in prop shaft (next weekend).  drives so much better in 4wd though.

New tyres are general grabber AT's. quite a nice refined tyre on road (not tried off road yet).

Frankie-Boy:

I have Grabber AT2's on mine and find them to be good both on and off road, I always managed to get where the motors with aggressive mud tyres went without too much trouble.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version