Vehicle & Technical > Range Rover

Buyer's Guide - Range Rover P38a

<< < (3/5) > >>

Brian the Sn@il:
Surly after a few basic mods a 38 would be a good Rangie to buy ? I now realise they have rather alto of electronics ( i mean plug in a pc to level the suspension ) for example

It must be possible to Down grade them , to make them easy to Upkeep / Repair / Maintain without a PC ?

I for one am looking at changing mu ole Rangie for one , as they are as cheap as chips at the moment.

I must say this is a great Thread :)   
PLease Edit / delete my post if its not good input.

Range Rover Ron:
Hello there , the header on this thread is full of good into,
thanks but I think you are a bit confused when you say use OEM instead of genuine parts.
O.E.M. = ORIGINAL EQUIPMENT MANUFATURER = ORIGINAL PARTS I think!
So I guess you mean use after market copies not original Land Rover parts?
Confused a bit there as I would think it is best to use LR parts if you can afford them!

I'm pretty well up to scratch with the old LR layout, having had three RRC's, a Disco 1 for 12 years and have had several 90/110 Defenders, all more or less on the same chassis & running gear etc. etc.
I'm also pretty much up on the areas that go wrong or rust on the aforsaid LR's
but looking at a P38 is negotiating unchartered waters for me.

Where should I look for rust or corrosion?
I'd like a diesel, manual P38 and want to use it as a greenlaner,
I would like to fit rocksliders, steering guard, diff guards, recovery bumpers, higher walled tyres, 2" lift etc. etc.
any pointers would be helpful,
cheers,

Tulpy:
Hello all.
This is my first post as I'm looking at joining the Land Rover fraternity!
I'm not hardcore enough to start with a defender, I still like my creature comforts!
I'm looking at a P38 Range Rover 4.6 HSE with LPG.
There is one available at the moment on a 95 M reg with 140,000 miles.
What sort of things should I look out for and how much should it be?

Some specs/extras of one I have seen!

FULL LEATHER SEATS

HEATED SEATS

ELECTRIC SEATS

DUAL ZONE CLIMATE CONTROL AIR CONDITIONING

TILT & SLIDE ELECTRIC SUNROOF

CRUISE CONTROL

MULTIFUNCTION STEERING WHEEL

FRONT AND REAR ELECTRIC WINDOWS

6 CD MULTICHANGER & CASSETTE PLAYER

FULL FUNCTIONING AIR SUSPENSION

THIS VEHICLE HAS AS EXTRA- REAR PRIVACY GLASS, TWIN ELECTRIC TOW BAR, RECENT RANGE ROVER 19" AUTOBIOGRAPHY ALLOY WHEELS (IN EXCELLENT CONDITION WITH NEARLY NEW GOODYEAR WRANGLER TYRES) AND OF COURSE, IT HAS HAD THE LPG CONVERSION WITH MEANS YOU CAN FILL A SEPARATE TANK WITH GAS, THEN CHOOSE TO SWITCH BETWEEN GAS OR PETROL WITH A BUTTON ON THE DASHBOARD, MEANING YOU SUDDENLY HAVE AN ECONOMIC RANGE ROVER PETROL! ON TOP OF ALL THAT, EVERYTHING SEEMS TO BE IN GOOD WORKING ORDER, AND IT HAS 12 MONTHS MOT JUST DONE AND LOTS OF PREVIOUS MOT'S AND BILLS.

Any help you guys can provide would be invaluable. Also, the car is one well known auction site but being sold by a dealer. Should they provide a warranty?

Kind regards and thanks for any help!

Dan

JumboBeef:
I've heard that the 4.6 doesn't work well with LPG: is this true?

Bigjohn:
Hi peeps my first post, I wondered if it would be ok to post a few items and what ive learnt about my P38, some usefull, some poo, some will have you wondering why I bothered and the rest will have you in tears, but we soldier on :undecided:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version