AuthorTopic: Central Locking and Microwave Alarm  (Read 598 times)

Offline Evilgoat

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Central Locking and Microwave Alarm
« on: May 29, 2007, 18:33:15 »
Now all fitted and working 99%

Helpfully Suzuki fit the same wiring harnesses regardless of options son although I had to run cables to the back, there were very few actual cables ot be run, used the existing wiring right down to the suzuki central locking switch. Even the alarm took almost no wiring!

Took about 2 hours (bulkhead out, trim panels off and making up a new harness for lights, rear cig lighter and other bits to do the back. Then about 10 min per door to put the solenoids in and wire em, didnt even need to drill the tailgate. The controller and alarm just needed a few sundry wires and a pair of wires switching behind the c/l switch.

Alrm seems to work beutifully, its a lil quirky and the instructions are terrible but having done this before that wasnt an issue at all. even for a DIY installer this would have been a sinch.

http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/stevebradbury Supplied the kit and alarm, if anyone else wants to go this route I can highly recommend it.

the 1% not workingness is a funny earth in the original wiring someplace, just need to track it down.

I'll be posting Suzuki (Sanata) specific info at some point.
I must confess the the activities of the UK governments for the past couple of years have been watched with frank admiration and amazement by Lord Vetinari. Outright theft as a policy had never occured to him.

-- (Terry Pratchett, alt.fan.pratchett)

EX HK Police Mitsubishi Pajero 2.8TD
Audi S2 Avant 360bhp
Transit LWB 2.5di (The Shed)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal