AuthorTopic: Work In Progress  (Read 2511 times)

Offline Arc-Eye

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Work In Progress
« on: May 22, 2007, 22:44:05 »

Just attempting to stick up a pic of the current project. Posting pics and me don't get on. Still give it a go.[/img]

Offline generation-x

Attack Member
  • Mega-Fronty
    • church stretton
Work In Progress
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2007, 22:47:19 »
tidy lookin van u got there m8 wot u made the srches out off? liking the front bumper too impressive

simon

Offline Arc-Eye

Attack Member
Work In Progress
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2007, 22:53:22 »
Thanks mate, I made the arches and front bumper. Rolled the steel arches and added a 12mm rolled edge for stregth. Couldn't work out where to fit the front indicators and side lights so fixed brackets inside the bumper. This samurai was really beyond it when I got my hands on it but rewelded and repaired the whole thing. As you can guess by Arc-Eye I'am a welder/fabricator by trade so its dead handy.

Offline Littledan

Attack Member
Work In Progress
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2007, 01:32:48 »
very nice motor mate
[size=9]Dan[/size]

Offline bailey

Attack Member
Work In Progress
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2007, 12:07:33 »
thata a really neat truck good effort mate! like said above the arches, bumper and sills are really a nice touch.
89 blue zook samurai 416: rear coils 32s and 40 inches of flex and a few more little mods

2001 blue jimny
differant coloured panels, 3 inch lift, 30inch machos,trimmed arches, front and back solid bumpers,snorkel,

Offline Arc-Eye

Attack Member
Work In Progress
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2007, 19:52:51 »

Cheers for the comments lads. The old girl still ain't finished yet but I'am getting there. Like I said all the rust worm has been removed and re-welded complete. 31" Tyres, Pro-comp shocks all round inc heavy duty steering damper, braided hoses and fully undersealed underneath. It had back windows original, but made the panels and fitted in to turn into a van.
Not happy with the lift, will change over to uprated springs and possible body lift at a later date. Got bucket seats and harness to fit yet plus get the inboard roll cage sorted. There just aint enough time in the day at the mo.
Regards, Arc-Eye[/img]

Offline Littledan

Attack Member
Work In Progress
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2007, 01:07:22 »
im likein the sump gaurd looks gr8
[size=9]Dan[/size]

Offline iomlr

Attack Member
Work In Progress
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2007, 10:10:12 »
Thats is a fantastic looking SJ! keep up the very impressive work! Oh to be a welder / fabricator!  :roll:
Bobtail Range Rover 300tdi Manual
Body lifted, Gywn Lewis Challenge Suspension. Mach 5's with Jungle trekker Tyres ARB Locking Diffs Front and Rear. Steering Guard and Axel / Track Rod Guard. Modified bumpers front and rear Custome Rock sliders. Roccia Comp Arches,  Eleci Fans with X switch.

V8 90 County Defender. Rebuilt with galvanised chassi and bulkhead, Tubular sports manifodls and sports pipe. Old Man Emu suspension, under axel guard. BFGoodrich Muds on Mods.

Offline Arc-Eye

Attack Member
Work In Progress
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2007, 22:47:56 »
iomlr,
thanks mate, but I can assure you after 33 years of welding /fabricating its a case of same sh#t different day. I've been chasing that little blue light for ages and never caught it yet. I'am giving away my age here, been doing up the sj for my son who drives a fourtrak at the mo. Now he's not sure he wants it when its nearly finished so might end up selling it when complete, never mind I've enjoyed doing it.

Offline Timi

Attack Member
Work In Progress
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2007, 23:45:08 »
Quote from: Arc-Eye
iomlr,
I look forward to seeing it at the shepard and flock one evening soon?
Timi
'Surrey Offroaders'
Newer red and grey disco to save confusion,

Ramsey Pro8000 winch
Safari Snorkel
Qt Diff Gauards
Bfg Muds
Procomp steering guard

Offline markyb

Attack Member
Work In Progress
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2007, 10:15:59 »
Arceye wrong colour if you want to join as a Mini ice cream van..:-)
Cheers Markyb
Defender 110
Discovery

Offline iomlr

Attack Member
Work In Progress
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2007, 14:47:02 »
Quote from: "Arc-Eye"
iomlr,
thanks mate, but I can assure you after 33 years of welding /fabricating its a case of same sh#t different day. I've been chasing that little blue light for ages and never caught it yet. I'am giving away my age here, been doing up the sj for my son who drives a fourtrak at the mo. Now he's not sure he wants it when its nearly finished so might end up selling it when complete, never mind I've enjoyed doing it.

If your son doesnt want it, he'll wants his head checking! (no offence) belting looking vehicle! I'm not a SJ fan really but christ thats nice! Keep up with the fantastic work and post up pics when finished!
Body lifted, Gywn Lewis Challenge Suspension. Mach 5's with Jungle trekker Tyres ARB Locking Diffs Front and Rear. Steering Guard and Axel / Track Rod Guard. Modified bumpers front and rear Custome Rock sliders. Roccia Comp Arches,  Eleci Fans with X switch.

V8 90 County Defender. Rebuilt with galvanised chassi and bulkhead, Tubular sports manifodls and sports pipe. Old Man Emu suspension, under axel guard. BFGoodrich Muds on Mods.

Offline Arc-Eye

Attack Member
Work In Progress
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2007, 17:38:25 »
I knew it wouldn't take long for Mr.Whippy to find me. How ya doing mate.
You should be spending time running our site. LOL.
Timi, yeah will be over the pub at next meet, but can't bring the pride of the fleet, she's not going on the road. I shall be trailoring her around if I keep her.
Iomlr, you must know my son, I've been telling him that for years.LOL. Will keep you posted when she's finished.

Offline markyb

Attack Member
Work In Progress
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2007, 19:59:37 »
ice creams are on me mate lol,

see you at the pub met mate
Cheers Markyb
Defender 110
Discovery

Offline iomlr

Attack Member
Work In Progress
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2007, 15:03:03 »
any up date on this?

Offline Arc-Eye

Attack Member
Work In Progress
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2007, 22:37:02 »
Hi imolr,
Thanks for the interest, nah not much been happening, been working away last 6 weeks plus. Getting home weekends then not feeling like doing much to be honest.
Will get myself back on course shortly, drawn up some ideas for Stainless Steel slider bars and a bit of sill protection. Will post up when made and fitted.
Kind regards,
Arc-Eye

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal