AuthorTopic: UPDATE!! roofs gone!  (Read 7304 times)

Offline Steven

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
UPDATE!! roofs gone!
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2007, 20:45:04 »
Its taking place now, keep us posted!  :wink:

Well done and keep it up.

Offline ant&vic

Attack Member
UPDATE!! roofs gone!
« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2007, 23:19:18 »
cheers guys, yes they do bolt to the chassis and the rear stays bolt to the body which is solid enough for now untill i get another bar in the back to strengthen the rear panels ;)

almost all set for coyney ;)
ZUKI Monster = gone weston coyney ;)

Offline wheelspinner

Attack Member
UPDATE!! roofs gone!
« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2007, 07:01:45 »
the rear stays bolt to the body which is solid enough for now

slightly worried by this....not to be a stressed eric a cage that is not fixed properly will be probably more dangerous than no cage at all.

In the event of a roll, the bolts for the cage will rip clean through the sides.
It may seem strong enough now but people tend to forget the large forces involved and the last thing you want is a rollover combined with lengths of 50 mm tube flailing about......  

:(

Regards

Steve
Owner of a full  size 1000 piece Suzuki jigsaw....

Offline ant&vic

Attack Member
UPDATE!! roofs gone!
« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2007, 08:43:04 »
yeh i know like i said im having a piece straight through the rear end!! dunna worry dude it'll be ok ;)

Offline bigant

Attack Member
  • hmm whats this then...
UPDATE!! roofs gone!
« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2007, 14:21:19 »
*takes big hammer to the zuk* had a look see at what hes plannin abit o talkin and we think we got it sorted should be ok when its finished.
And the Leaf spring shall be made legion. Its numbers shall be increased a thousand thousand fold. The din of a million Series like unto a great storm shall cover the earth, and the followers of the Coil shall tremble - ollr 15:4

Offline generation-x

Attack Member
  • Mega-Fronty
    • church stretton
UPDATE!! roofs gone!
« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2007, 14:52:00 »
hi guys
sorry but i have to side with steve on the cage matter and plus if your going to a coney meet they may not let you on unless they think its safe enuf after wot happened a couple of months ago they are gettin more fussy as to wot can be used on the site

simon

Offline ant&vic

Attack Member
UPDATE!! roofs gone!
« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2007, 17:09:19 »
well its finally finished, heres the latest pics so deffo the next job is the lift kit!! yay ;) :D

Offline Arc-Eye

Attack Member
UPDATE!! roofs gone!
« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2007, 20:24:45 »
Sorry guys don't mean to pee on your parade but that ain't safe. Would not get through scruit at either of my clubs. The rear stays should have been inside and down onto the chassis rails bolted and welded to be sure. Like someone has already said, its bad enough in a rollover without all the tubing flying around, in fact you will be better off if it does break away rather than bend inwards towards the back of your head. Take care lads.

Offline redneck

Attack Member
UPDATE!! roofs gone!
« Reply #38 on: May 25, 2007, 21:31:17 »
I'm sorry but I have to agree with Arc-eye  :(  those rear stays should be down onto a substancial bit of chassis, I was also wondering how you've got the main hoops attached to the chassis underneath, from the picture that doesn't look very strong either.
Sorry to have to put a downer on your work but if it's there for safety it has to be right  :wink:

Offline bigant

Attack Member
  • hmm whats this then...
UPDATE!! roofs gone!
« Reply #39 on: May 25, 2007, 21:32:21 »
aye ant the rear stays need to be taken to the chassis mate that will get u killed as it is. slide down an i'll show u
And the Leaf spring shall be made legion. Its numbers shall be increased a thousand thousand fold. The din of a million Series like unto a great storm shall cover the earth, and the followers of the Coil shall tremble - ollr 15:4

Offline Arc-Eye

Attack Member
UPDATE!! roofs gone!
« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2007, 20:38:04 »
And now its on ebay!

Offline ant&vic

Attack Member
UPDATE!! roofs gone!
« Reply #41 on: May 30, 2007, 21:13:43 »
well spotted! lol, but its an infringement of your imagination! well not entirely, ive bought a new body which ive swapped over onto the chassis of the caged up jeep and put that one on the crap chassis that came with the other jeep (if that makes sence)

now i have a good body on my old chassis hence the reg-plate is on the vehicle im driving and the one im selling has no docs which is how i bought it,

bid away dude if you want a cheap jeep il let it go for £250

Offline Evilgoat

Attack Member
UPDATE!! roofs gone!
« Reply #42 on: May 30, 2007, 21:22:13 »
Quote from: "ant&vic"
well spotted! lol, but its an infringement of your imagination! well not entirely, ive bought a new body which ive swapped over onto the chassis of the caged up jeep and put that one on the crap chassis that came with the other jeep (if that makes sence)

now i have a good body on my old chassis hence the reg-plate is on the vehicle im driving and the one im selling has no docs which is how i bought it,

bid away dude if you want a cheap jeep il let it go for £250

HUH!?

So where is the reg plate for your chassis?

You do realise you have removed most of the body shells rigidity dont you?
I must confess the the activities of the UK governments for the past couple of years have been watched with frank admiration and amazement by Lord Vetinari. Outright theft as a policy had never occured to him.

-- (Terry Pratchett, alt.fan.pratchett)

EX HK Police Mitsubishi Pajero 2.8TD
Audi S2 Avant 360bhp
Transit LWB 2.5di (The Shed)

Offline rollazuki

Attack Member
UPDATE!! roofs gone!
« Reply #43 on: May 31, 2007, 09:00:35 »
Having seen Zukis fall over before now, Id say a cage made from pvc pipe glued together with superglue would be safer than the susuzki 'targa' bar, and lets face it, this car aint even got one of those.

Anyway, who can safely judge what the cage(braced into bodywork or not) will do unless its been either tested, or CAD tested?

Id be first to admit, it aint the best, but then Ive seen a good few external cages that just enclosed the 'cab' area and had no rear stays at all.
My only real complaint would be that if you are gonna fit such a big cage to such a small car, then DONT PAINT IT ORANGE!

Rolla
Go on....cut me in half........it says SUZUKI all the way thru the middle!!

Offline ant&vic

Attack Member
UPDATE!! roofs gone!
« Reply #44 on: May 31, 2007, 09:57:32 »
look guys obviously the cage aint as good as some but ive made it myself and it was my first attempt!  its the best i could do at the time and im proud of it! at least it would protect the body a bit if nothing else!

i dont wanna fall out with anyone on here but id like to see some of you at 22yrs old bending and welding the first rollcage youve made up from scratch with no drawings especially not being technically minded!!, :roll:

anyway looks like she will be gone today as ive been offerd £250 and £300 for it so then i can concentrate on my new toy!  :P

Offline ant&vic

Attack Member
UPDATE!! roofs gone!
« Reply #45 on: May 31, 2007, 09:59:21 »
Quote from: "Evilgoat"

HUH!?

So where is the reg plate for your chassis?

You do realise you have removed most of the body shells rigidity dont you?

its on the same jeep with different body! ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal