AuthorTopic: Rear Lights: Yey or Ney?  (Read 757 times)

Offline Whatmot

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Come Alive, Come and Drive!
  • Referrals: 0
Rear Lights: Yey or Ney?
« on: May 10, 2007, 19:48:28 »
well at last my chavvy lights came from the US. What do people think?

well either if you dont like them, im kind of stuck with them :lol: the only thing that did worry me is that the indicators are red not amber, will that matter for the mot?

other than that i just need to fit my new bumper (when its made), numberplate, numberplate light and a fog light
Tom aka Whatmot

Seen the Pyrenees and briefly saw Norway; Loved it so much, we are going again next year!

'98 Ford Maverick
Cooper S/T's, Midland CB, Electric Cooling Fans, Disconnecting Anti- Roll Bars and a SS Exhaust

Offline Evilgoat

Attack Member
Re: Rear Lights: Yey or Ney?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2007, 20:03:27 »
Quote from: "Whatmot"
well at last my chavvy lights came from the US. What do people think?

well either if you dont like them, im kind of stuck with them :lol: the only thing that did worry me is that the indicators are red not amber, will that matter for the mot?

other than that i just need to fit my new bumper (when its made), numberplate, numberplate light and a fog light

You'll fail the MOT. Only Imports are allowe dthre red running/indicator combinations. You'll probobly find they arent e-marked either which is a fail if the tester takes that much attention. Tis the sole reason I havent ordered a set.
I must confess the the activities of the UK governments for the past couple of years have been watched with frank admiration and amazement by Lord Vetinari. Outright theft as a policy had never occured to him.

-- (Terry Pratchett, alt.fan.pratchett)

EX HK Police Mitsubishi Pajero 2.8TD
Audi S2 Avant 360bhp
Transit LWB 2.5di (The Shed)

Offline Whatmot

Attack Member
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2007, 20:09:54 »
the tester is my uncle, so he might let it slide. the bulbs are the same ones from the orignal lights, if there to bright ill have to paint them. ill buy some cheap indicator lights, possibly some dome lr lights and fit them to the bumper.
Tom aka Whatmot

Seen the Pyrenees and briefly saw Norway; Loved it so much, we are going again next year!

'98 Ford Maverick
Cooper S/T's, Midland CB, Electric Cooling Fans, Disconnecting Anti- Roll Bars and a SS Exhaust

Offline Evilgoat

Attack Member
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2007, 20:15:42 »
Quote from: "Whatmot"
the tester is my uncle, so he might let it slide. the bulbs are the same ones from the orignal lights, if there to bright ill have to paint them. ill buy some cheap indicator lights, possibly some dome lr lights and fit them to the bumper.

If he values his testing cert he wont. Sorry to be a stickler but there are way to many cars with illegal and hard to see rear light clusters on the road. I've lost count of the number of things that I've almost steamrollered becaus I cant see their indicators/brake lights or they havent wired the clusters up right.

The light clusters on the Vit are bad enough without making them any worse, I'd recommend you keep these for show and get the UK spec ones.
I must confess the the activities of the UK governments for the past couple of years have been watched with frank admiration and amazement by Lord Vetinari. Outright theft as a policy had never occured to him.

-- (Terry Pratchett, alt.fan.pratchett)

EX HK Police Mitsubishi Pajero 2.8TD
Audi S2 Avant 360bhp
Transit LWB 2.5di (The Shed)

Offline Whatmot

Attack Member
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2007, 20:19:50 »
if you worried that there too weak then to fear, they lit the barn up that its kept in. if your concerned, ill fit some extra clusters to the bumper, that way im dual lighted. i do appreciate the comments, i prefer help than people slaging them off
Tom aka Whatmot

'98 Ford Maverick

Offline Whatmot

Attack Member
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2007, 22:48:24 »
right so heres my plan. im going to keep the current lights but ill put some extra indicators and brake/rear lights on the bumper. ill also put two extra retro reflectors on the bumper too. in addition to the current brake lights, ill add a high level led brake light in the rear window (which i was going to do anyway). i know this sounds alot, but im not wasting my chavvy lights now.
Tom aka Whatmot

'98 Ford Maverick

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal