AuthorTopic: Reply to the locked Bike thread.....  (Read 5434 times)

att

Reply to the locked Bike thread.....
« on: March 29, 2007, 16:27:09 »
.......After typing this out I am not wasting it.

I am a biker and have been so since the age of 15.
I have only been the victim of car drivers for the last 8 years.
Never used to get knocked off, cut up, or pulled out on like I have in the last 8 years...I had 19 years of mostly trouble free riding.

I ride a variety of machines from sports to tourers, I am lucky that I can afford to.

Car drivers in the UK are without doubt the most ignorant, rude and useless breed that I have ever encountered, give me france any day, they understand bikes in france and the drivers are educated.....Even Bangkok where the traffic is 10X worse than London the drivers at least have a bit more road sense than the selfish British.
I have ridden bikes all over the world, the UK is the single worst place in this world to ride a bike.

It is not the speed of the riders that is the problem it is the education of ALL drivers and riders that is the problem.

As a biker I dread the thought of having to go anywhere on the bike on a Sunday, the roads are full of Plastic Race Reps thinking they are Rossi & Co....I class these riders with the most stuipid of car drivers.

They will never limit the speed of any vehicle, only the scope for education of the drivers and riders with ill thought out policy and knee jerk reactions.

But, if they do, I will do my level best to eradicate Politicians from this country if I am still living here, and as each day goes by, there are less reasons to stay in a country governed by greedy, stupid and power obessed freaks and populated by rude, selfish inconsiderate people.

Delete if you so wish who ever you are..... :roll:

Offline bezzabsa

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • I'm BACK..possibly..LOL
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2007, 16:37:51 »
well said  :D
Be afraid. Be very afraid
YAM YAM SQUAD
Life's a journey - so remember to pay FULL fare!

Offline Lord Shagg-Pyle

Attack Member
  • "Where we're going, we don't need roads!"
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2007, 16:43:29 »
My response to a locked thread, which I found quite odd that it had been locked.
I have attended a great many 'incidents' where bikes have been involved in prangs with other vehicles.
From my personal experience of investigations of the incidents the scenario has usually been car/truck/bus/tractor or bike, has pulled out in front of oncoming motorcycle.
Most have been when a vehicle has been entering/leaving a main road from/into a side road and collided with a motorcycle.
The most heard excuse has been "I didn't see them coming".
Was speed the main factor? No. Speed has played apart in some, I will agree, but most of the times it has been a person not looking properly before carrying out a manouvere.
I have been driving Plod cars now for over 16 years, and I am always amazed at how people fail to see a large white car, with all lights and sirens going, and still pull out in front.
I'm sure that those bods on the M/C forum who drive ambulances and fire tenders will agree on the inability of some of the motoring public to think clearly, see clearly and react in a rational manner.

Do not get me wrong, speed does kill. But so does driving inexperience, poor road skills and bad driving.

I have never riden a bike on the road because I don't trust other road users.

These are my personal views.

Offline Bulli

Attack Member
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2007, 16:44:11 »
sorry Mods, i could see this one slipping sideways.

Just one question how come its less for me to insure my highly tuned 1277 gsxr that CAN do 180mph+ than my 400 cc enduro bike which doesnt like 80?

its not because the faster the bike the more likely i am to have an accident now is it?
EFILNIKCUFECIN
Disco V8 3 dr - THROW ME A FRICKIN' BONE HERE.
3 link, lockers and 35's- NUFF said

Offline bezzabsa

Attack Member
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2007, 16:49:46 »
Be nice to know who locked it - and also why? especially when there have been longer threads - left running.... :?
Some nice comments BTW..
YAM YAM SQUAD

Offline Jas278

Attack Member
Re: Reply to the locked Bike thread.....
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2007, 16:57:35 »
Quote from: "att"

Get a life, .........the road is for everyone, if bikers are so good , how come they speed , que jump , undertake ,overtake where ever .....I find some of youre views a bit arrogant.

Discovery TD5......Tricked Up..

att

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2007, 17:04:54 »
Quote from: "Jas278"

Get a life, .........the road is for everyone, if bikers are so good , how come they speed , que jump , undertake ,overtake where ever .....I find some of youre views a bit arrogant.

They do what you describe because they can, if they do it with respect for other road users there is no problem...Obviously speeding is illegal and dangerous, i am not condoning that, but a motorcycle if used properly can get you to your destination safely and more quickly.
As for queue jumping, you can`t possibly be expected to queue in high temps, low temps and inhaling all the nasty pollution, so it is not queue jumping, it is merely survival.
In Italy bikers are allowed to use the emergency lane in v. high temps to filter to their destination, you cannot possibly hold up a bike in 100+ degrees in leathers, you would pass out in twenty minutes.

Sorry that you find my writing arrogant, it is just an observation after riding bikes for 27 years.(19+8)

Offline bezzabsa

Attack Member
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2007, 17:13:29 »

same reason as some car drivers do exactly the same....and some 4x4 drivers cause green lane damage....need i go on?
YAM YAM SQUAD

Offline Bulli

Attack Member
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2007, 17:16:29 »
Quote from: att

who said bikers were so good? anybody else see that? The road clearly is for everyone, we all pay plenty for it aswell.

the original thread is about the ridiculous proposal to limit the top speed of bikes. Not about filtering etc. Some people have indicated that stats exist showing that bikes cause most accidents not the other road user and that speed is a major contributary factor.

so let me see the choice is no bike and no filtering no speeding no overtaking...hmmm if thats YOUR life i will gladly keep mine.. :wink:
EFILNIKCUFECIN

Offline mike142sl

Attack Member
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2007, 17:20:54 »
que jump
As if a bike is going to make any difference to your time in the que - please, and you ask others to get a life :roll:  Any bike will be off and long gone before you get to move. I bet your one of those drivers that tries to knock us off because we can make quicker progress in a que. Me thinks you have green eyes.
Mike
Disco TD5 Landmark
SYM GTS250i Voyager
Swift Challenger 490

Offline Boggert

Attack Member
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2007, 17:21:10 »
As soon as Man devised the internal combustion engine he devised another way of killing him self and damaging the planet... Its not the bikes, cars, vans lorries or 4x4's that are the problem it us Man and Women... get rid of us... problem solved! :roll:
If want to walk it walk it, if you want to ride it ride it just leave me alone to drive it!

"Save The Cheer leader, save the world"

Offline Jas278

Attack Member
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2007, 17:23:58 »
Bikers never speed do they.............never cut you up, never que-jump.........Same as all good uns and bad uns...........but most have these bad habits.........Im alright Jack attitude..

Offline Lord Shagg-Pyle

Attack Member
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2007, 17:24:59 »
Quote from: "Boggert"
As soon as Man devised the internal combustion engine he devised another way of killing him self and damaging the planet... Its not the bikes, cars, vans lorries or 4x4's that are the problem it us Man and Women... get rid of us... problem solved! :roll:

Yeah, I'll go with that.

att

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2007, 17:26:09 »
Bikers never speed do they.............never cut you up, never que-jump.........Same as all good uns and bad uns...........but most have these bad habits.........Im alright Jack attitude..

If I would have known that I was going into a battle of wits with an unarmed man, I wouldn`t have bothered the first time :roll:  :wink:

Offline denviks

Attack Member
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2007, 17:26:13 »

so you mean you are tarring them all with the same brush then??? :?  :?  :?
cheers
dennis
more moves than a dad in a disco!!!!!!!!!!

im always @ www.plcuk.co.uk

att

« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2007, 17:26:51 »
Quote from: "Lord Shagg-Pyle"
Quote from: "Boggert"

Yeah, I'll go with that.

So will I....Thirded.

Offline Bulli

Attack Member
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2007, 17:30:18 »
sorry Jas, didnt see you reply.... err you read my post i take it??

queue jump , whats that? filtering is legal and allowed under the highway code.So i do it and why not?
EFILNIKCUFECIN

Offline Jas278

Attack Member
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2007, 17:33:44 »
Quote from: "mike142sl"
 I bet your one of those drivers that tries to knock us off .
  Just the sort of attitude I mean............

att

« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2007, 17:37:39 »
I feel the need for re-education of drivers has already been established in this thread alone.

And...Jas, just because somebody has a different way of thinking from yourself it does not make them arrogant, it is often statements like that, that are spawned from ignorance.

Offline Lord Shagg-Pyle

Attack Member
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2007, 17:40:14 »
Unfortunately there will always be the 'loon' element in any section of the engine-using section of the public.
Saying that , one of my pet hates is people who ride pushbikes on pavements or with no lights at night.
When I have stopped them and given them advice, I have been accused of being anti-cyclist, a fascist, draconian and all the usual pants that people come out with.
But the end line is those are the rules. They are there for a reason. Don't whinge and moan when you get caught, be it speeding, driving whilst using the phone, pulling out in front of other road users, riding without lights, peeing up a shop front when drunk..................... I could go on, but you would all get bored.
If everyone was more thoughtful when and how they drive, ride, cycle, walk, talk, then the World would be a lot better. Utopia? Maybe, but I can always dream.

Keeps me in work, I suppose. :wink:

Offline Jas278

Attack Member
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2007, 17:40:16 »
So my opinion and others does nt count ?  ...unless what I say   is in agreement.. :shock: ........If Bikers were left alone to ride as they feel ..which I think is what you are trying to say ? does that mean the rest of us can  do as we like....  An aggresive bike rider is a danger to all....

att

« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2007, 17:43:22 »
So my opinion and others does nt count ?  ...unless what I say you  is in agreement.. :shock:

Did you really not read what I posted in it`s entirety....I did mention bikes and speeding etc.
You may like to read it again :?

Offline Jas278

Attack Member
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2007, 17:45:27 »
Yes I have read it , and as I first put I found it arrogant,,,

THE END

Offline Lord Shagg-Pyle

Attack Member
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2007, 17:49:05 »
An aggresive bike rider is a danger to all....

As is an aggresive car driver, lorry driver, bus driver, tractor driver, cyclist, horse rider, pedestrian.

Better driver behaviour is the answer, along with firm, but fair enforcement of the traffic regulations.

att

« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2007, 17:56:17 »
What I don`t understand is the fact that traffic police are disappearing from our roads.
There were 765 homicides in the UK 05-06, that includes the 52 killed in the tube bombing, compared to the 3000 approx that die on our roads each year :?  Where the police presence is declining :?

I hate the people who say to Police officers when stopped on the road..."shouldn`t you be nicking real criminals" Not only are they displaying their ignorance, they think they are being clever at the same time :?

We need more traffic Units in the current climate I feel.

Offline thepsychoman

Attack Member
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2007, 18:08:10 »
Er - what exactly has this to do with Mud Club or offroading in general? Having re-read the first post I'm not even sure of the point of the thread...
It aint what you drive its the way that you drive it...

Offline V8MoneyPit

Attack Member
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2007, 18:12:28 »
Quote from: "thepsychoman"
Er - what exactly has this to do with Mud Club or offroading in general? Having re-read the first post I'm not even sure of the point of the thread...

This is 'The Bar' where general discussion is made. 4x4 specific topics have their own place elsewhere.

I would like to suggest we keep it real, guys. Fewer personal comments and this would make an excellent discussion.
Rgds
Steve

"Reality is wrong. Dreams are for real."

Land Rover build:
www.daisythediesel.com

Photos (my other passion and weakness):
http://www.flickr.com/photos/v8moneypit/

Offline Lord Shagg-Pyle

Attack Member
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2007, 18:14:44 »
What I don`t understand is the fact that traffic police are disappearing from our roads.
There were 765 homicides in the UK 05-06, that includes the 52 killed in the tube bombing, compared to the 3000 approx that die on our roads each year :?  Where the police presence is declining :?

I hate the people who say to Police officers when stopped on the road..."shouldn`t you be nicking real criminals" Not only are they displaying their ignorance, they think they are being clever at the same time :?

We need more traffic Units in the current climate I feel.

I'll concur, apart from the bit where they ask "why aren't you blah blah waffle drivel moan, bored, going to sleep, wake me up when you have finished bleeting".

My responses to that sort of comment have been

1) "Are you telling me that you know some real criminals and would like to spend more of your time telling me about it."
2) "Because I have to spend most of time dealing with crap drivers like you."
3) "Hang on Sir/Madam" pause, call up on radio in full hearing of the person "Hello Control, do you know of any murders/rapes/armed robberies/terrorist acts going on on my area at the moment? Oh, there aren't any going on? Ok, thank you. No , there aren't any real crimes being committed in this area at the moment. Now where were we? Oh yes, your ticket for speeding/use of mobile phone".

Traffic officers or Roads Policing Units to be totally PC, are effective at their job, which is promoting safer road use, educating road users, and the prevention/detection of offences.
They are a costly resource. They are usually highly trained (costly) and drive big powerful (costly) machines.
Cameras and camera vans are not quite as costly, hence you can get more for your pound, but they do not offer the same visual deterrent.

My thoughts are more RPU officers on patrol including in plain cars or the submarine service as they are sometimes known, due to their ability to rise from nowhere, catch you unawares and then disapear again.

Does that answer the question ATT?

Offline thepsychoman

Attack Member
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2007, 18:20:24 »
Quote from: "V8MoneyPit"
Quote from: "thepsychoman"

This is 'The Bar' where general discussion is made. 4x4 specific topics have their own place elsewhere.

I would like to suggest we keep it real, guys. Fewer personal comments and this would make an excellent discussion.

Fair enough - just seems some of these threads are simply started in order to generate an argument...  :roll:
It aint what you drive its the way that you drive it...

att

« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2007, 18:25:02 »
Hopefully they lead to debate.
I can get a bit personal at times, but I do feel passionate about certain things and that is often my downfall :oops:

On the whole though, good reasoned and informed debate is a good starting point leading to greater understanding for everybody. :D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal