AuthorTopic: £400 road tax  (Read 7172 times)

Offline cardiff_gareth

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
£400 road tax
« Reply #60 on: March 21, 2007, 22:35:58 »
There was talk on the DOC website to arrange a little rally through London :lol:  :lol:
Moved over to the dark side - Suzuki's !

Offline shaun and co

Attack Member
£400 road tax
« Reply #61 on: March 21, 2007, 23:00:16 »
I swore i'd never go back to london but even i'd turn up for this one. and i'll come in fancy dress if i get to deck blair and brown!!!
Theres no such thing as the wrong sort of mud!

Offline Range Rover Blues

Attack Member
    • South Yorkshire
£400 road tax
« Reply #62 on: March 22, 2007, 01:32:32 »
Quote from: "hrox"

wonder what would be on gordon browns head stone.

A big, steaming t***

I'll see to it :wink:
Blue,  1988  Range Rover 3.5 EFi with plenty of toys bolted on
Chuggaboom, 1995 Range Rover Classic
1995 Range Rover Classic Vogue LSE with 5 big sticks of Blackpool rock under the bonnet.

Attack Member
    • South Yorkshire
£400 road tax
« Reply #63 on: March 22, 2007, 01:34:54 »
Quote from: "bigfatsi"
The funniest (and saddest) thing about it all is that if you believe, as I do(and many, many more), that CO2 is not responsible for global warming it's all a load of b*ll*cks anyway! The scary thing is that it's not just a UK phenomena, either. The whole world is falling into this trap so I can't even emigrate to get away from it.

What did the Stone Roses say?

Ah, yes..."Stop the world. I'm getting off"

Simon.

Too many people have their jobs tied up in feeding us that c**p about global warming.  Apparently it was warmer in the middle ages than it is now, and the temperature of Mars is also rising.

They treat us like sheep.
1995 Range Rover Classic Vogue LSE with 5 big sticks of Blackpool rock under the bonnet.

Attack Member
    • South Yorkshire
£400 road tax
« Reply #64 on: March 22, 2007, 01:36:54 »
Quote from: "Boggert"
So my 2005 2L diesel Grand Vitara short wheel base is going to get hit... if so thats bloody unfair when the 2.3 people carrier which is bigger than my car gets away with it :roll:

Stupid Goverment havn't got a clue!

It's a pre-requisit for office :wink:

Attack Member
    • South Yorkshire
£400 road tax
« Reply #65 on: March 22, 2007, 01:48:47 »
Quote from: "TheBlueySilverThing"
as datalas said, its a smokescreen, to block us seeing the real reason

they just upping the price of everything to cover costs of the the olimpic games down in london and all the imigrents that they are letting into the country !!!

were paying for all of it  :roll:

there banning this banning that upping this upping that.....they dont look ahead and think what its going to do to the economy, and what effect its going to have on the whole country

closed lake windemere because of polution  :roll:  my hairy ass  :shock:  :shock:  the average outboard or inboard engine produces just as much co2 as a 1600 petrol car  :shock: ....ne ways.....what did it do to the economy and surrounding areas ??....completely screwed it  :shock: average buisness's were 80% down within the first two months of the season....so that means...buisness's closing.....people on dole....no tax and crap for the goverment...and no one travles upto the lakes....what they going to do now ???? planning to re-open it as they made a mistake  :shock:

its going be same with pubs..no smoking...no 1 goes into pubs
cant smoke in works vehicles or else you get a fine  :roll:
and there thinkin of lowering drink driving to 1 pint....so no one will deffo go a pub for a quiet night out  :shock:

they cant see the aftermath of there stupid money making decisions cos the 2 busy up the own arses thinking of new bright ideas  :roll:

this is the start of 1 big revolt  :roll:

rant over, off to bed
slate me in the morning  :evil:
dan

Don't forget that the LieBour party (and some of you idiots voted them in you wouldn't be told) has got to rob money from us somehow to cover their spending habbits.  Last budget they said they would be borrowing 29 BILIION pounds in our name, they actually borrowed about ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY NINE BILLION POUNDS, or FOUR TIMES as much.

For crying out loud folks, wake up and smell the stench.  It's time for these lying, backstabbing, cheating bar-stewards to be put out to grass.

Offline CaptainColourful

Attack Member
£400 road tax
« Reply #66 on: March 22, 2007, 01:49:29 »
Oh, haven't the spin meisters done a wonderful job of getting everyone wound up and ranting away.
The is no such vehicle class as a 4x4. Vehicles are grouped according to their emissions, and then only for vehicles registered after 2001.
The £400 is purely speculation.
No change can be retrospective, so pre 2001 vehicles will only be hit by the standard "cost of living" increase.
The likely change will be to Band G vehicles, and possibliy Band F, and in there are an lot of other vehicles other than 4x4's.

I have just done an interview for ITV Wales on this very subject, and pointed out to them that even things like a Mini Cooper S 1.6 would be hit, but that a lot of 4x4's actually will not be affected.

I wish I had read this earlier, next door's cat wouldn't have missed a good  kicking  :wink:
TD5 ... Disco Classic Country (Oz import)

What credit crunch ? I started with nothing and still have most of it left !

Offline Berliner Beer

Attack Member
£400 road tax
« Reply #67 on: March 22, 2007, 08:25:53 »
Well I renewed my tax yesterday just before the buget just in case £175
Just checked the dvla website and its only gone up £5. I was interested to see that they have no c02 data on my defender (300tdi)1997. Fiver not too bad me thinks or will i be in for a shock next march?
"Dont make me take my sun glasses off!"

Offline Boggert

Attack Member
If want to walk it walk it, if you want to ride it ride it just leave me alone to drive it!

"Save The Cheer leader, save the world"

Offline Landyrover

Attack Member
£400 road tax
« Reply #69 on: March 22, 2007, 13:48:21 »
Despite car tax increases being based on emissions, Brown said on TV this morning that most people will be better off following his budget apart from those people who drive 4x4's...

...something of a slip that gives gives away his real prejudice me thinks! :evil:
"You know, Marge, mud is nothing more than wet dirt!" (Homer Simpson)
2007 Defender 90 XS TDCi

Offline Thrasher

• Administrator
    Attack Member
    • Northampton
£400 road tax
« Reply #70 on: March 22, 2007, 14:24:13 »
I am better off....

Taxed Piglet yesterday for £175 and Bagheera is Band F, so cost me £190 this year and will br £205 next year ... woooooo scary.

Income tax has netted me a big saving :p
--
Neil

Offline 07DefenderSeb

Attack Member
£400 road tax
« Reply #71 on: March 22, 2007, 15:14:43 »
Instead of reading about views on the new Road Taxing system, i'm finding myself having a really good laugh reading what stereotypically grumpy, loud mouthed, right-wing Northerners think of the rest of the country, in their inimitible open-minded way, with a healthy splattering of expletives to illustrate how limited their intelligence is.

Keep it coming.
If at first you don't succeed...  cheat.

Offline xmob

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
£400 road tax
« Reply #72 on: March 22, 2007, 15:19:28 »
Quote from: "07DefenderSeb"
Instead of reading about views on the new Road Taxing system, i'm finding myself having a really good laugh reading what stereotypically grumpy, loud mouthed, right-wing Northerners think of the rest of the country, in their inimitible open-minded way, with a healthy splattering of expletives to illustrate how limited their intelligence is.

Keep it coming.

Erm, go on...
Clyde 2.0 - Disco 200tdi
Bonnie - Freelander TD4 ES Premium

Offline landy4x4xfar

Attack Member
OTHER TAXS YOU DIDINT KNOW ABOUT
« Reply #73 on: March 22, 2007, 15:57:09 »
i found this new tax you didnt read about

End of the road: 4x4s targeted by £25 congestion super-charge

Cars in band G include the Range Rover 4.4 V8 petrol, Renault Espace 2 litre petrol, Porsche 911 Carrera Coupe 3.6 and BMW X5 4.8 litre
They emit more than 225g of CO2 per kilometre
Will be charged £25 for entering the congestion charge zone

· Fee for 'Chelsea Tractors' in London may treble
· Tories complain that mayor's move is punitive

Hugh Muir
Wednesday November 15, 2006
The Guardian

The mayor of London yesterday unveiled plans to charge the highest polluting vehicles £25 a day to drive in central London and the enlarged congestion charge zone to the west of the capital. In what is being seen by environmentalists as a significant advance, Ken Livingstone said the new charge would come into effect, subject to consultation, in 2009 or 2010, though he wants officials to speed up the timetable.

The measure would hit the owners of the heaviest 4x4 vehicles, with emissions above 225g of CO2 per km. Cars with the least harmful emissions, such as electric vehicles and hybrids such as the Prius owned by the mayor himself, would receive a 100% exemption.

Article continues
But the measure, described by supporters as the "end of the Chelsea tractor", is likely to cause political controversy and criticism from those already opposed to Mr Livingstone's crusade against 4x4s. He has already dubbed those who use the outsized vehicles in London "idiots". If the plan is enacted, the 18% of those who live within the current charging zone and drive the heaviest "Band G" vehicles would lose the discounts they receive and would face the super-charge instead.

Mr Livingstone said they would have three years to trade their cars in for less polluting vehicles, and those considering the purchase of a Band G vehicle should consider the additional cost.

"One in five vehicles is a Band G," he said. "It is the heaviest concentration in the country and one has to ask why people need four wheel drives in the most densely populated part of the UK. People are waking up to the fact we are bequeathing our children and our grandchildren appalling consequences if we don't act."

In the budget, the chancellor raised road taxes for the most polluting vehicles, with the worst offenders facing car tax bills of £210. Last month the borough of Richmond in south-west London said it may charge the owners of high-emission cars higher parking fees. Jenny Jones, a Green party member of the London assembly, said: "I would have pitched the daily rate higher but dropping the resident discount is very sensible. Goodbye Chelsea tractors and hello cleaner air."

Roger Evans, Conservative transport spokesman in London, said the aims were laudable but complained that the increased charge was punitive. "It is pushing people rather than pulling them. It is a tax and is tackling climate change in the wrong way." The proposal prompted angry reaction from the car industry. Christopher Macgowan, chief executive of the Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders said many family saloons, people carriers and estate cars would also be hit. "In his war against the affluent, he seems content to ignore this collateral damage to families," he said.

As Mr Livingstone detailed his plans, he was also forced to defend his ill-fated 4,600-mile flight with a team of aides to Cuba and Venezuela. He had hoped to meet President Hugo Chávez in Caracas and sign the "oil for brooms" deal, which will see London receive cheap oil in return for supplying the Venezuelans with municipal expertise. But he was forced to return home empty handed.

Darren Johnson, a Green assembly member and the mayor's former environment spokesman, said: "To announce this fantastic news on 4x4s and then parade a deal involving cheap oil is completely contradictory."

The cost to the motorist

£0
A and B vehicle excise duty bands (less than 120g CO2 per km). Models include Toyota Prius, G-Wiz electric mini car, some Ford Fiestas and some Renault Méganes

£8 a day
C, D, E, F bands (more than 120g CO2 a km and under 225g). Affected models include most Volkswagen Golfs, most Fords, many Mercedes and Audis

£25 a day
G band (more than 225g CO2 a km). Models include Toyota Previa, some Volvo XC90s, most Chrysler Jeeps, some Range Rovers and other large 4 x 4s

and here is what you will love to know check out this money maker
http://www.richmond.gov.uk/parking_chrages_consultation1.pdf

and here are the real bad boys

Model                                         CO in g/km     HC in g/km     NOx in g/km
Bentley Arnage R                       0.355               0.038    0.053
Bentley Arnage T                       0.355               0.038    0.053
Bentley Arnage RL                       0.355               0.038    0.053
Bentley Azure                                 0.355                 0.038       0.053
Lamborghini Diablo 132                     1.180                     0.075     0.186
Lamborghini Diablo 132 SE           1.180                    0.075          0.186
Lamborghini Diablo Roadster L144    1.180                  0.075    0.186
Aston Martin DB7 Vantage  Auto         0.472                  0.050       0.044
Aston Martin DB7 Vantage  Manual                                                                                         0.304               0.044         0.037
Aston Martin DB7 GT                         0.286                0.155    0.249
Aston Martin DB7 GTA                           0.472                0.050    0.044

#-o  #-o  #-o  #-o  #-o  #-o  #-o  #-o  #-o  #-o
 :smack:  :smack:  :smack:  :smack:  :smack:  :smack:  :smack:  :smack:
safe to say these [person of questionable parentage] live in and around london
you dont see these cars out side tesco do you

and now check out these [person of questionable parentage] these peaple want stringing up
http://www.stopurban4x4s.org.uk/news.htm
just wait till they go for a day in the country and ijur themselfs and have to wait for a horse and cart to take them to medical help and not a 4x4 i hope they die on the way they will stop bitching then  :twisted:

Offline stinkydieseldisco

Attack Member
rally???
« Reply #74 on: March 22, 2007, 16:07:21 »
definatly the was forward i reakon!

Offline vtrdaz

Attack Member
£400 road tax
« Reply #75 on: March 22, 2007, 16:11:49 »

Keep it coming.

ooh the can is open and the worms are everywhere.................... :roll:

att

£400 road tax
« Reply #76 on: March 22, 2007, 17:41:17 »
You really wouldn`t see my Bentley outside tescos :roll: ....We have people who do that sort of thing.

I cannot see the problem with this tax hike. :?

Offline hairyasswelder

Attack Member
  • It's gonna cost ya
£400 road tax
« Reply #77 on: March 22, 2007, 17:44:02 »

Keep it coming.

Go on then, make it personal, expand the North South divide
Oh and the world does not revolve around London.  :wink:

Steve

Also I would ask for your views but really dont care what you think. :tongue:
'88 RR 3.5 efi, an on going project :o) evolving daily/slowly

Offline landy4x4xfar

Attack Member
£400 road tax
« Reply #78 on: March 22, 2007, 17:49:43 »

Go on then, make it personal, expand the North South divide
Oh and the world does not revolve around London.

but the world does revolve around london, it go's anti clockwise as it is the toilet bowl of the uk

Offline muddyjames

Attack Member
£400 road tax
« Reply #79 on: March 22, 2007, 19:51:29 »
Quote from: "denviks"
Quote from: "Lord Shagg-Pyle"
What about a mass drive of 4x4's into London 'to see the sights' of course. I can't advocate that anything is done along the lines of Critical Mass, coz that would be very naughty of me! :wink:

i aint been to see the sights for a while now..... so could be a good time to go and have a look  :wink:  :D  :D  :D

need to go on a weekend though. Dont want to give em any congestion charge money!!!
Rover 620i 223,000 miles on the clock :)
1995 300tdi auto ES Disco. Big Green Giant

Most expensive item for a Disco is????? a round piece of paper stuck on the windscreen!

Offline CaptainColourful

Attack Member
£400 road tax
« Reply #80 on: March 23, 2007, 01:49:32 »
Quote from: "Landyrover"
Despite car tax increases being based on emissions, Brown said on TV this morning that most people will be better off following his budget apart from those people who drive 4x4's...

...something of a slip that gives gives away his real prejudice me thinks! :evil:

You mean he has tried to hide it ?
TD5 ... Disco Classic Country (Oz import)

What credit crunch ? I started with nothing and still have most of it left !

Offline Dave

Attack Member
  • Referrals: 1
£400 road tax
« Reply #81 on: March 23, 2007, 15:23:41 »
Just be looking at the co2 stuff and if you are thinking of getting a new freelander get a manual not auto man,205co2 will cost-£205--and the auto,240co2 will cost £300.  :(mad):
DAVE
MUD-CLUB MEMBER 333

Disco TDI 1998
 Disco TDI 1993    K333 MUD
 Disco TDI 1994
 90  N/A soon to be TDI 1993
 Series 3 1971
 R33 Skyline GTS-T

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal