AuthorTopic: grand cherokee headlight bulbs ?  (Read 1932 times)

Offline JEEPSTER

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
grand cherokee headlight bulbs ?
« on: March 17, 2007, 14:59:30 »
today i purchased some new headlight replacement bulbs for my year 2000 (WJ shape) grand cherokee,checked with jeep,i needed 9006 and 9005,checked with the halfords guide,yep 9006 and 9005,bought some,got home and proceded to fit them,9005 and 9006 were fitted,but heres the dilemma,the new bulbs have a 90 degree right angle fitting but the bulbs that came out are straight fit ???????
cant get the new ones in for love nor money,please does anybody have any idea's ?
thanks in anticipation...

Offline CaptainColourful

Attack Member
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2007, 17:45:54 »
Go back to Halfrauds and get them to fit them. They advertise that they will do free fitting, that includes bulbs and wiper blades.

Recently I wanted a blade to fit my XJ8 and Halfrauds didn't list one, so I asked for help.... The Halfrauds assistant tried one that was listed one for the XK8 and it should have fitted but it didn't quite curl to the screen at the rest position.

A trip to the Jag main dealership... and £19 later... I had the same problem, even the Jag replacement didn't follow the contours of the windscreen..... until a passing grease monkey came to my rescue and turned the blade 180 degrees !  Why don't they say there's a top and a bottom to a wiper blade ?  :lol: Why didn't the Halfraud's bloke know ?

Sorry to digress, but if you go back to Halfraulds I am sure they will eventually find one to fit from the huge range on display.

Swallow your pride and ask for help.
TD5 ... Disco Classic Country (Oz import)

What credit crunch ? I started with nothing and still have most of it left !

Offline CaptainColourful

Attack Member
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2007, 14:08:53 »
He wasn't a grease monkey, he was a qualified technician  ...  sorry to all you technicians if I caused offence....  :wink:
TD5 ... Disco Classic Country (Oz import)

What credit crunch ? I started with nothing and still have most of it left !

Offline tim_aka_tim

Attack Member
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2007, 08:19:24 »
Halfords don't do WJ headlight bulbs (contrary to what their catalogue says). As you've found, they're a 51W bulb with a 90 degree socket on 'em. They're fairly uncommon, so try a few local factors, but don't be surprised if you end up at the dealer.

Offline Bishops Finger

Attack Member
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2007, 13:42:43 »
Try Lighthouse Jeep parts or Mansfield 4x4?
Jeep drivers don't eat quiche

Offline JEEPSTER

Attack Member
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2007, 16:21:39 »
well i think i have solved the problem,the bulbs i bought were 9005 and 9006's respectively (this is what i was told i needed),they are the bulbs with the "elbow" type fitment,i have since discovered the bulbs i actually need are 9005xs and 9006xs respectively as these are the same bulbs but in a straight fitting.....
jeep owners be warned   :?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal