AuthorTopic: Had a wee accident  (Read 8961 times)

Offline smo

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Had a wee accident
« Reply #60 on: January 23, 2007, 19:46:34 »
Cheers Berliner Beer - i've been to the chairopractor too and its really not bad, i SHANT be making a personal injury claim! My neck isnt too bad now but my head is a bit messed up, obviously got some concussion :(
'04 90 TD5 - Written off :(

200TDi 90 Hardtop

TD5 North Offroad D-Lander coming soon!!!!

Offline Range Rover Blues

Attack Member
    • South Yorkshire
Had a wee accident
« Reply #61 on: January 25, 2007, 03:19:35 »
Quote from: "muddyjames"
Quote from: "thermidorthelobster"
If he'd had his handbrake on, wouldn't that mean his brake lights weren't lit?  Sounds daft, but I've never been sure whether brake lights are connected to the handbrake too.

No they arent as the brake lights would be on all the time when your parked and flaten your battery and have you ever got out your car and popped something in the boot and seen the brake lights on :wink: It is a good idea though that hand brake should be wired up to brake lights when the engine is running.

You're right of couorse JAmes, but the front brakes do about 70% of the work, so other than the weird old Alfasud most cars have the brakes at the back, if not a separate hub within the disk.

Anyway, the hand brake only MUST be applied in a few circumstances and even then the foobrake is also a means of signalling to following drivers, though I doubt you can shift much blame if any with this arguament, because you also drive no faster then you can stop within the ditance you can see to be clear ahead of you.
Blue,  1988  Range Rover 3.5 EFi with plenty of toys bolted on
Chuggaboom, 1995 Range Rover Classic
1995 Range Rover Classic Vogue LSE with 5 big sticks of Blackpool rock under the bonnet.

Offline Mr Bump

Attack Member
Had a wee accident
« Reply #62 on: January 26, 2007, 11:49:31 »
Blimey, SMO bit of a crunch!! Hope you recover soon!

Offline Eeyore

Attack Member
Had a wee accident
« Reply #63 on: January 26, 2007, 12:19:19 »
Quote from: "Skibum346"

I was off on a course the foloowing morning so just wore the collar for 6 weeks. 20 years later C1 & C2 are misalligned and despite frequent adjustments are unlikely to re-allign correctly. If I'd seen who I should have when it happened I would be a whole lot happier now!

Not trying to hijack the thread but if it's still giving grief, try finding a really good physiotherapist.  :?

PM me for a more complete reasoning.

Cheers
 8)
Eeyore
Flower: '95 Defender 110 Hard Top. Donkey Power :D

Offline smo

Attack Member
Had a wee accident
« Reply #64 on: January 26, 2007, 12:31:21 »
Quote from: "Seven Stars"
Blimey, SMO bit of a crunch!! Hope you recover soon!

I'm not too bad, my head is much better now but the poor landy is a "total loss" :(

Still if i buy her back then i have a perfect base for my new truck!
'04 90 TD5 - Written off :(

200TDi 90 Hardtop

TD5 North Offroad D-Lander coming soon!!!!

Offline narked

Attack Member
Had a wee accident
« Reply #65 on: January 26, 2007, 15:10:22 »
Ooh nasty. Managed to smash up my Focus late november, did me a favour in a way as I was about to sell it to buy my Disco, ended up ringing the bloke I was buying it off, "Good news mate, you don't have to wait for me to sell my car. Bad news too though, you've now got to wait for me to get a cheque off Norwich Union.". They even paid me more than the car was actually worth.

Did however have problems actually getting the money off them. "Yes sir the cheque is in the post.", repeatedly over a 3 week period. Eventually persuaded them to cancel the cheque (which I still suspect was a figment of somebody's imagination) and pay the funds direct into my account, and that was with constant harassment, ie ringing them every day until they got sick of hearing my voice.

Hope you get it all sorted out.

Powys 4x4 Response

Current Mods:
Moonraker Minor CB radio
Safari Snorkel
Extended axle and transmission breathers
235/70R16 Insa Turbo Dakar M/Ts
Roof light bar with 4x Ring Road Runner lamps

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal