AuthorTopic: V8 Problem  (Read 4825 times)

Offline Sharpshooter

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
V8 Problem
« on: October 28, 2004, 18:51:52 »
My brothers just bought  1999 def 90, which has had a well known company fit a v8 to it. He says sometimes when he drives down the road, it will suddenly run rough like its running short of a few cylinders.

When he stops and turns off the ignition for a few seconds, then starts, its fine for a couple of days and then it does it again.

He has changed the coil, plugs, leads and dizzy cap but it still does it.

I know your all gonna say take it back, but ive said that. Hes a funny [!Expletive Deleted!] when it comes to things like this so i wondered if anyone has any ideas. I think the engine is a 3.9 efi from a rangy. Cheers. :D

Offline muddyweb

Attack Member
V8 Problem
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2004, 18:54:40 »
Check the fuel filters, could be a fuel blockage...   Could also be a faulty fuel pump or connection.

Personally, I'd take it back to the garage and see what they have to say about it.
Tim Burt
Muddyweb
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.muddyweb.com
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Sharpshooter

Attack Member
V8 Problem
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2004, 19:31:18 »
Sorry forgot to mention, have tried fuel pump and changed filters. Is there a filter inthe tank. It was a Td5.??

hingmy

V8 Problem
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2004, 16:59:26 »
is it still running the td5 tank/pump? I wonder if the pump is putting out insuffficient pressure for efi?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal