AuthorTopic: P38 seat belt warning  (Read 1124 times)

Offline v8kenny

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
P38 seat belt warning
« on: December 16, 2006, 18:40:36 »
Anyone know if there is a way to shut up the audible warning on start up that tells you to put your seat belt on ? (other than put the belt on before someone says it  :wink: )
Following on from my last thread re air suspension I changed the teflon piston ring today and that has made a huge difference to the speed of the suspension - still not sure about a leak though as it hasn't stopped raining long enough to go and crawl underneath yet  :roll:
33 days in a row and counting - no water shortage here !  :shock:
The nice part of living in a small town is that when I don't know what I am doing, someone else does

Offline Range Rover Blues

Attack Member
    • South Yorkshire
P38 seat belt warning
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2006, 03:13:57 »
Think I might have to invest in a new teflon thingy myself soon but on the classic you have to open the box beneath the car too.
Blue,  1988  Range Rover 3.5 EFi with plenty of toys bolted on
Chuggaboom, 1995 Range Rover Classic
1995 Range Rover Classic Vogue LSE with 5 big sticks of Blackpool rock under the bonnet.

Offline v8kenny

Attack Member
P38 seat belt warning
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2006, 10:29:05 »
Quote from: "Range Rover Blues"
Think I might have to invest in a new teflon thingy myself soon but on the classic you have to open the box beneath the car too.

Dead easy on the P38 - only fiddly bit is prising off the retaining ring round the seal without damaging ring/piston
Well worth doing IMHO
The nice part of living in a small town is that when I don't know what I am doing, someone else does

Offline v8kenny

Attack Member
Re: P38 seat belt warning
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2006, 12:11:20 »
Quote from: "v8kenny"
Anyone know if there is a way to shut up the audible warning on start up that tells you to put your seat belt on ?

Well that was easy ! - traced two wires going to seatbelt stalk, followed them back to the centre consul and undid the white connector - job done
Wish everything was that easy !  
   :lol:

Offline Grant

Attack Member
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2006, 15:37:19 »
Well that was easy ! - traced two wires going to seatbelt stalk, followed them back to the centre consul and undid the white connector - job done

ooh cool, been wondering the same thing. BEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEP every time i just want to move the car does my head in. Sounds kinda like a tube door, i half expect a robot voice to blurt out "please mind the gap between the truck and ground" when i step out

Offline v8kenny

Attack Member
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2006, 15:52:31 »
Quote from: "Grant"

ooh cool, been wondering the same thing. BEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEP every time i just want to move the car does my head in. Sounds kinda like a tube door, i half expect a robot voice to blurt out "please mind the gap between the truck and ground" when i step out

If you look in from the backdoor you will see two wires coming from the seat belt stalk - follow them under the rear air vents where they dissapear into the centre consul - try pulling the wires carefully out from under the vents - I was lucky and there was enough slack for the white plastic connector to come out - dead easy to just unplug and tuck wire back in - been out since and no issues with the electrics - just peace and quiet !  :lol:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal