AuthorTopic: Help Me Crush My Range Rover  (Read 13843 times)

Offline Hamster

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Help Me Crush My Range Rover
« Reply #90 on: December 22, 2006, 15:22:35 »
V8Kenny,

I have only just found out about the faults from previous owner. The reason I have not picked it up is simple - if I collect the car I am saing it is 'fit for purpose' and I have no come back on the Dealer (or network). They (LR and the LR Dealers) drag out the 'resolution' hoping you will go in and pick the car up, thus making it no longer a faulty vehicle.

Trust me I am not happy about leaving the car there, but at the end of the day it was breaking down every 1000 miles (or 1.5 weeks)....It was impacting on work, and more importantly my families safety.

Everytime they say the car is fixed it just breaks down again - simple as that........

Anyway hopefully the independent expert will test it soon and this will be concluded one way or another.
cheers

Offline killer

Attack Member
« Reply #91 on: December 22, 2006, 19:51:26 »
how can u think that taking the car away means that u are saying the car is fit for purpose, what u are doin is picking up a car that you have been told has been fixed.

take the car away and see if it breaks down again. not much els you can do, apart from waste loads of money tryin to get a message across to LR, as said before, THEY WONT CARE IF YOU CRUSH IT it will just meen they dont have to waste time fixing it anymore

Offline grizz

Attack Member
« Reply #92 on: December 22, 2006, 22:35:56 »
how much do you want for the lemon/friday car
discovery 3.9 v8, ES auto lpg converted 1" lift
(classic rangie sat on 33x12.5x15's with 2"suspension an 2"body lift, 3.5 with 3.9 cam, defender wheel arches. project in the progress)

Offline davidlandy

Attack Member
« Reply #93 on: December 22, 2006, 22:42:42 »
if your gonna crush it, just do it  - post the vid on youtube
Dave
Sniff, sniff, this mud smells funny

Offline Hamster

Attack Member
« Reply #94 on: December 23, 2006, 17:04:41 »
Killer - cos that is the law! I can send you all the correspondence if you like!

If I pick the car up it is saying I am satisfied and fit for purpose. having said that if you are a lawyer (and obviously better than the ones I am using) then lets chat and you can help me out!

Offline Grant

Attack Member
« Reply #95 on: December 23, 2006, 21:16:06 »
First dibs on the back seat if you crush it- been looking for an RR seat to turn into a Top Gear style sofa for my bedroom!

A few hundred towards the £60k cause isnt much but every little helps (as tesco say)  :lol:

Offline Range Rover Ron

Attack Member
    • Bebington, Wirral.
Fun
« Reply #96 on: December 30, 2006, 12:57:12 »
I'm not suprised at Land Rover's lack of interest in their products and after service, I have had bad experience with LR in the past.
I am an mechanical engineer and bought a second hand Discovery with 60K on the clock 11 years ago, I soon found a rattling coming from the engine and discovered that the woodruff key on the damper pulley/crank shaft had been badly "fitted" during build, the key was loosely fitted and wore away the key and the slot in the shaft.
I sent my findings in a mechanical presentation to LR explaining from an engineering point of view what had gone wrong and how it had been badly fitted, LR said that as the car was second hand they could'nt give two **cks. My main point was that who ever owned the LR it should not develope a major mechanical defect within 60K! and I proved it was a badly fitted part.

A mate of mine had a similar aged/miles second hand Shogun that developed a problem with it's engine, the engine was replaced without any fuss by Mitsubishi even though he was not the origial buyer.

I did the repair myself, at my cost and made sure it was "fitted" properly and I have to admit, despite what many people say about LR's, my Discovery has now done well over 180K and in the 11 years I have owned it, it has never let me down, done everything I've eveer asked it to do (like towing my caravan all over Europe) and been a fantastic car, if only Land Rover were as good at after sales as other manufacturers. :twisted:  :evil:  :evil:  :twisted:  :evil:  :twisted:  :evil:
Ronnie Wood, LLROC

Suicide:- a permanent sollution to a temporary problem!

ONE LIFE. LIVE IT.

Offline Rob110

Attack Member
« Reply #97 on: January 06, 2007, 19:10:36 »
Ive seen this before

http://www.crushmy307.co.uk/

A guy on the pug forum is doing/saying exactly the same thing.

Offline skucera

Attack Member
Troll
« Reply #98 on: January 07, 2007, 05:42:44 »
I'm really surprised that so many forum members rose to nibble at troll bait.  Hamster posted a provocative post saying he wanted to crush a new car the day after he registered on the forum.  It's like nobody here has ever seen a troll before.  Wow.  Here we are five pages and nearly a month later still debating the subject as if it were plausible.

Scott

Offline Brian the Sn@il

Attack Member
  • Lets off road
    • Norwich
« Reply #99 on: January 17, 2007, 09:04:08 »
so its not crushed yet ?
Jeep Grand Cherokie V6 2006
1994 EX MOD 110 Defender

Offline davidlandy

Attack Member
« Reply #100 on: January 19, 2007, 16:36:16 »
probably not

:?
Dave
Sniff, sniff, this mud smells funny

Offline Hamster

Attack Member
« Reply #101 on: January 24, 2007, 10:52:00 »
It is not crushed yet - as stated LR started being more ammicable - but alas it looks like a stalling tactic on their side.

An independent engineer was agreed on to determine if the vehicle was fit for purpose - LR view on an independent engineer is a 'Land Rover Regional Technical Engineer'...Now that does not seem to indepndent to me!

I would rather resolve than Crush, but this is not a joke. The main intent was to highlight the lack of support and interest LR and the dealer network have in their loyal customer base! Basically if something goes wrong they treat you like dog crap, and make out it is a priviledge to spend significant money on their car and have it break down - 'part of the LR experience'.

Just an FYI - my wifes Chyrsler Grand Voyager broke down on the weekend, and the service and attention given was sensational. LR should pay attention to the competition!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal