AuthorTopic: Wheel Cylinder ?  (Read 735 times)

Offline fudge

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Green Oval Recovery... Chl 30 Shout Help Im Stuck!
  • Referrals: 0
Wheel Cylinder ?
« on: December 02, 2006, 21:42:37 »
:(  At Runhall the other week I lost all my brake pedal..... (yeah yeah it took a while to notice cause its a zuke) anyway upon inspection the brake fluid was pi55sing out of the base of the off side drum....

I bought a new Cylinder and fitted it this afternoon..... and its still got no pedal and still has fluid pi55ing ut the base of the drum.... (whilst trying to bleed)

now I did notice that the piston that points to the front did not meet the shoe anywhere near the middle of it... the shoe sits to the extream inside edge of the piston.

could it have slipped to the side of the shoe and have pushed the piston too far, thus leaking.... or am I being stupid... and if it has, what do I do? bend the shoe? HELP

Snork refitted, Mastic Applied, All Jubilee Clipped Up.... I am heading for DEEP water next Sunday.....

Offline generation-x

Attack Member
  • Mega-Fronty
    • church stretton
Wheel Cylinder ?
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2006, 23:53:12 »
sounds like it to me fudge
start again
take cylinder out and re-fit the piston makin sure the rubber surround is tite on it and re-fit

simon

Offline Evilgoat

Attack Member
Wheel Cylinder ?
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2006, 12:06:32 »
Also remeber that SA, Sanata and Jap zooks all have different wheel cylinders. I have both Satana and Jap cylinders in the garage, brand new and boxed if you need one.

Oh, and the threads go dead easy if you overtighten them.
I must confess the the activities of the UK governments for the past couple of years have been watched with frank admiration and amazement by Lord Vetinari. Outright theft as a policy had never occured to him.

-- (Terry Pratchett, alt.fan.pratchett)

EX HK Police Mitsubishi Pajero 2.8TD
Audi S2 Avant 360bhp
Transit LWB 2.5di (The Shed)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal