AuthorTopic: Swb Series 3 Rear seat belts  (Read 781 times)

Offline Fuddy as muck

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Swb Series 3 Rear seat belts
« on: November 29, 2006, 10:25:17 »
I'v recently fitted 2 bench seats in the rear of the Land Rover but in order to carry the kids i need some seat belts. what are my options, did they do a lap belt kit for the series and would the lap belt bar on the 90 fit my series? Sorry for all the questions but early in the new year i'm looking to a couple of weeks travelling round this country with the wife and kids so as to see how we get on. All going well we will venture into Europe over the next couple of years.

Darren

Offline blackbob

Attack Member
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2006, 14:01:59 »
lap belts would be sufficiant from your local factors as there is no fixing for 3 point belts even if u got a hard top
love's mud and lpg and the wife
skype ekken3011

Offline MisterC

Attack Member
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2006, 20:43:54 »
You have to be careful you don't fall foul of the new seat belt law for kids.  If they are under 12 years old and under 135cm tall then they have to use an approved child seat/booster, which can't be fitted to side bench seats, only forward facing seats.  Have you considered forward facing fold up rear seats?  They're really expensive new, but I got a couple off ebay.  These fit on the wheel arch and fold up when not in use.  You can also fit 3 or 4 point inertia reel seat belts to use with these, which would be a lot safer for the kid, especially if you're venturing further afield.
1972 SWB Petrol 2.25 SIII, safari top side windows, Limestone, FWH, 750xR16s, Weber carb, Kenlowe fan, Maplin DIY ignition amplifier and now overdrive.  Coming soon...(cheap) SU carb conversion and (cheap) electronic dizzy conversion (he said hopefully).

Offline Robbo

Attack Member
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2006, 12:36:41 »
strange thing law.......if the reg's do apply to the kids then its only approved seats/ belts forward facing only....if they don't then side way facing are ok.....if they do fit the regs then no seat bealts are allowed also!!!!!!!! but obvious safety concerns are raised......isn't the law an arse sometimes!
Daisy SWB series 3 station wagon, 1975 and pretty in mud

Eat a live toad the first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal