AuthorTopic: 200tdi Front Prop ?  (Read 482 times)

Offline bensonsnuts

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
200tdi Front Prop ?
« on: November 05, 2006, 22:41:05 »
As a prelude to fitting castor corrected radius arms I bought a D2 prop .
I've been too busy to check it out since I bought it but I know I need to change the output flange .
Now I've had time for a quick look the new prop seems about 4cm shorter . I know someone who has just done this swap on a 300 and he reckoned his were the same size . Does a 200 have a longer front prop ?
I'm uncertain what to do next .
Do I get the output flange and fit it anyway
Do I get the D2 prop lengthened
Do I sell it and buy a custom made jobby
Or I've heard mention of a spacer for the output flange which will convert the prop to fit at the same time . Has anyone any experience of these . Are they any good and where do you get one ????

Offline Budgie

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
  • This post is best viewed on a computer.
    • Lochaber
200tdi Front Prop ?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2006, 23:11:06 »
I don't know about the length of the standard 200 series front prop as I have a 300 but I can point you in the direction of the spacers if you want to go that way.
I have one fitted to my front propshaft and I made the drawing that's in the Workshop section of the Mud Club which includes photos of the spacer once fitted.  :mrgreen:

I had the spacers made locally and I came up with the idea cos', with a +3" suspension lift, the double cardan prop was near it's full length when sat on level ground and I wanted a bit of slack to play with in the centre splines for off road.  :wink:

If you can't get them made then Wizard (another Mud Club member) makes them in either 10 or 15mm thickness, and sells them through his Ebay site: http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Wizardbilt_W0QQssPageNameZstrkQ3amefsQ3amesstQQtZkm

Offline bensonsnuts

Attack Member
200tdi Front Prop ?
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2006, 23:11:04 »
Cheers for that . I had a quick look in Wizards shop and the spacers are £35 for 15mm . If I bought 2 that would make a lot closer fit , but with the cost of the flange + 2 spacers + D2 prop , I'd probably be better off with a custom prop ??
Surely there must be a few more who've done the same mod to a 200 ?
Geoff
Nissan Patrol 2003

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal