Vehicle & Technical > Discovery

Tyre Fitting Guide

<< < (9/10) > >>

discosfa:
 hi folks :)
 have got a 94 300 tdi disco riding on 235/70/16 whats the biggest i can go to without a lift of panel chopping anyone used insa rangers any good as i used to have colway ctrax a t in 31/10.50/15 8 spokes on my 200 tdi with hd standard hieght springs, rubbing on rear arches on heavy offroading.
 anyone have pictures or drawing with measurment on how much to cut out on a camel cut ?
                discosfa :D

anyone got any idea's

loony landy:
Hi folks got a disco 1 that will be running a 2" lift kit, will 265/70/16 fit ok ??

If not what will i need to do to get them to fit ??

cheers

tony

AndyMacG:
right ho chaps

got  2" lift on my disco   and some one has kindly left me a set of 7.50r 16 michelins on wolf rims :lol:   tried them on full lock and they dont rub like my 235's do ,but would I have to cut the arches  ????   for when I go off road????

Disco Matt:
Does anyone know if this would work? I've checked the figures on that site:

I'm considering a 1in lift and 235/85 R16s with trimmed arches. Looking at the guide the 235/85s are 2.3in larger diameter than the 235/70s, which equates to an extra inch above and below the axle. A 1in lift should provide the extra clearance needed above them?

I'm trying to avoid lifting it too much as I realise this will make it less stable on side slopes and while cornering. Plus it'll reduce wear on propshafts, etc. Not likely to happen for a while but I'm just gathering information with a view to assembling the parts over time.

crazymac:
One of my mates in the Discovery Owners Club is running 235/85R16 with no lift! Just new suspension and a camel cut.

I've looked at it with mine which is also on new springs and it looks fine for me as well, so a purchase is imminent.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version