Vehicle & Technical > Discovery

Tyre Fitting Guide

<< < (3/10) > >>

clbarclay:

--- Quote from: "Dr Neil" ---Will 255/85 r16 tyres fit on 16x7j rims??

thanks in advance

Neil....

Also has anyone got these fitted to a 200tdi, if so how does it affect pulling away from a stanstill??
--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: "ChrisW" ---They may well fit but for safety you ideally want a 9 or 10" wide rim, with a 7" wide rim you stand the chance of them rolling off when cornering etc.
--- End quote ---

On what information do you base that reply??

Based on the information from from BFGoodrichs web site
http://www.bfgoodrichtires.com/specs/mud-terrain-t-a-km/1152.html
in which case a 255/85r16 will fit on 6.5 to 8 inch wide rims.

tjsj:
slightly different sizes but i have 255/70/r16's on a 3dr 200tdi disco, pulls really well off the line and didn't notice any difference in the acceleration off the line since i changed to them after having 235/85/r16's but then I tweeked the injector pump so its a lot faster now, btw i have them fitted to 7 x 16" mods and they make the ruck a bit more spongy but I have hammered them round corners ok without em falling off!!

Telaren:
Will 235/70/16 MT and 235/85/16 MT fit on a Disco 200 without MODS?

Also If they will fit would they fit when mounted on Modular rims (7x16) with a 30mm offset?

Hope someone can help  :?

Taz

Telaren:

--- Quote from: "Horness" ---Not to take anything away from the author of the site, but I've copied the info to my site as well.

http://www.horness.com/discovery/tiresizes.htm.

If anyone needs any changes, or needs to add specs etc., PM me.  :wink:

Horness
--- End quote ---

Just read your post.  Looks like 235/70/16 MT it is then.  Will they still fit if mounted onto 7x16 modular rims with 30mm offset (compared to standard steel rims)

Example rim.

Cheers  Taz

cardiff_gareth:
Guys,
Can I ask if a 245/70R16 will go on a 300tdi with no mods. The link at the top of the page says no mods, only mods required to rear wheel arches if its a 245/75.
Only asking as the new tyres I have bought compared to my old ones are larger, much larger :shock:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version