AuthorTopic: cat converters for disco II - query  (Read 346 times)

Offline discomummy

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
cat converters for disco II - query
« on: October 02, 2006, 10:26:58 »
Hi,  

My disco is in the garage for repairs and they are telling me that the cat converter needs replacing.  they are proposing to put new steel converters in and weld it to the existing pipes - is this a good way to go?  I have to say that the only reason the disco is with them is that they are finally repairing the damage they caused a year ago (long story) and i have to wonder if they want to make some money out of me as well.

i would like to know if i don't replace the cat converters - how much damage would it cause to the engine and how quickly do i need to replace them - i need to know if this actually needs to be done right now and i do not have a lot of faith in this garage.  

thanks in advance

ela
Sonar - DII V8 now become a toy
Pugsley (peugeot 407) now sitting dead in a garage workshop, being replaced by Yeti the kia carens!
Bagheera - geoff's new(ish) car - a black jaguar!
love is....a husband who is prepared to put petrol in his wife's V8 without flinching - now has admitted to flinching occasionally

skip

cat converters for disco II - query
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2006, 18:08:02 »
sounds to me like there pulling a fast one. Provided the cats havn't collapsed inside you won't do any damage to the engine even if they've worn out, My advice is keep your money in your wallet till MOT time.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal