Vehicle & Technical > Discovery

Engine pre-heaters & LPG (gulp)

(1/2) > >>

Thrasher:
Ok,

1. I've decided that I must have one (a pre-heater) <grin> Can anyone list the virtues/problems with having one?

2. Due to Her Majestys money grabbers I think I need to go LPG (I know - SHUT UP!). Any major problems that I should be aware of now?

muddyweb:

--- Quote from: "Thrasher" ---2. Due to Her Majestys money grabbers I think I need to go LPG (I know - SHUT UP!). Any major problems that I should be aware of now?
--- End quote ---

Yes, go to someone who understands the engine, not just the conversion.  You'll need a decent system that can work with the ECU and give it the signals it's expecting to see from things like your Lambda sensors.   If it costs you much less that 1500 quid, then I'd be surprised but you should get a good system that won't compromise your engine.   (yes, yes, there are cheaper systems around.....I'm just not convinced that they work especially well with fuel injected engines)

datalas:
Considering how much you just spent on the engine I would follow Tim's advice and take it to somewhere that *really* know what they're talking about.

Have you considered asking RPI who they'd recommend?

datalas:
And for the love of god (not to mention your own body) don't take it to H*rtw*lls

300+:
There are horror stories here in Oz about LPG systems back firing and taking out the air box, and more expensively the air flow meter.

Kinda makes a dent in the fuel savings!

Steve

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version