AuthorTopic: A crushing blow  (Read 12978 times)

Offline Rich_P

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
A crushing blow
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2006, 14:03:53 »
Quote from: "Terminus"
Oh and erm as to the last point *hate me if you want* but ...... Raises hand to the "never broekn the law regarding not driveing/rideing somewhere they shouldnt? or driveing something they where not licensed to? be it forklift truck or 1000cc superbike?"  :)

Lies!  :P

Offline Rich_P

Attack Member
A crushing blow
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2006, 14:05:00 »
You're basically correct if it has right of access to the public then it is covered by the road traffic act .. if it is private with no right of access then it's not.

A road or any place to which the public have a right of access.

You can be charged with driving on a place other than a public road - e.g through a town park or on a field to which the public have a right of access.

Well that's everywhere then with the Right to Roam act.  :roll:

Offline Terminus

Attack Member
A crushing blow
« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2006, 14:09:26 »
Quote from: "Rich_P"
Oh and erm as to the last point *hate me if you want* but ...... Raises hand to the "never broekn the law regarding not driveing/rideing somewhere they shouldnt? or driveing something they where not licensed to? be it forklift truck or 1000cc superbike?"  :)

Lies!  :P

:lol:  I'm not forcing you to believe it ... but .. not lies  :shock:  :P  :lol:
Way back then - life crawled out of the mud, then it decided life was better and crawled back in!

*If you only knew the power of the dark side*

Offline Terminus

Attack Member
A crushing blow
« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2006, 14:21:00 »
Quick scenario to maybe illustrate the point

Farmer bob says Joe *names are fictional no hate mails from everyone called joe or bob please  :lol:  * can go drive around one of his fields .... the field does however have a public right of way across it.

So joe goes out with his uninsured car and zooms around - lets mix it up a bit now - joe thinks its a nice hot sunny day and he's in a private field so hey a couple of beers won't hurt after all thats ok right?

Joe then spins about a bit more but fails to see the walkers out for a stroll and turns one of them into a garfield style bonnet ornament  :shock:

Is joe guilty of drink driving? and what about insurance? well joe unfortunately is driving a car on a road or other public place to which the public have a right of access so yes  he's guilty on both counts.

Sorry Joe I didn't make the law now I have to go tell mrs wilson that her son is several inches thinner and a good few inches wider.

Would you drive down a green lane without insurance - I doubt it because you know you need to be insured - it's the same basic principal.

:)
Way back then - life crawled out of the mud, then it decided life was better and crawled back in!

A crushing blow
« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2006, 14:49:36 »
:shock:

Offline Terminus

Attack Member
A crushing blow
« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2006, 14:57:46 »
Quote from: "Dave2a"
What everyone seems to be forgetting here is that the owner of the bike is the one who is being punished yet it is not he who is at fault.

Sorry but YES it is his fault - ignorance of the law is not an acceptable excuse - if you lend any motor vehicle to another it is legally YOUR responsibilty to know the use it will be put to but more importantly that the rider/driver is insured to use the vehicle.

You can and would be charged if you loaned your car to a mate and he/she was stopped and found to be uninsured - the charge is that you did cause or permit the driver/rider to drive said motor car/motor cycle without insurance.

There really is no getting round it he broke the law, Police simply enforce the law they don't have a choice - they can't pick and choose what law to uphold and you'd be mighty upset if they could and decided not to uplhold a case that caused you some loss or inconvenience.

Offline Terminus

Attack Member
A crushing blow
« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2006, 15:01:59 »
Quote from: "Dave2a"
the law was the law in Nazi Germany and look where that led. :evil:

I'm not even going to justify that bit with reasoned comment - if you think it's a valid comparison well nuff said..

:P

Offline rangerider

Attack Member
A crushing blow
« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2006, 15:29:04 »
If you dont like the laws.........

.....change the politicians (while you still can:) ).

There are many ways of protesting unfair legislation (I was quite involved in a previous thread about such a protest that seems to have died a death perhaps because some people were scared of the possibilty of legal consquences, the exact same consequences this person suffered). Breaking or ignoring the law is not IMHO a reasonable method of protest, it is a respect for the law and others that keeps us one step above the pond-scum. there are many laws I do not like, many of which I personally think stupid, unwanted, unneccessarily restrictive or down-right un-enforcable and various combinations thereof.

Speakng as a person who has lived with the problems caused by both cruisers and irresponsible offroaders I am all for clamping down on such people.

One last point, that is not covered in the news story. Where is the place of the offence relative to the place the bike was kept? was it just over the back wall? or was it a distance away? how did the bike get there, was it pushed, trailered or ridden under its own power?

Somehow I suspect that the number of seperate offences is quite high. I wouldnt hand over a shotgun to anyone, nor would I hand over my car keys to someone I thought unsuitable, and certainly not if I knew my car could not legally be used.
Hela - Disco 200TDi, Still stock for now but watch this space.......
+ 1 battlescar

I lurv the smell of mud in the mornin'

Offline Bulli

Attack Member
A crushing blow
« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2006, 15:37:01 »
well this has got a little heated.

Nazi germany....??? sorry no comparison...i dont think Hitler and his cronies ever passed laws on certain things- they just acted in an inhuman pyscopatic manner.full stop.

right , i dont feel sorry for the uncle, he was plain dumb. where did he think the lad would ride it? He CANNOT insure the bike....noone will insure it as it CANNOT be used on the highway.
So lets see the lad was riding without a licence, insurance on a vehicle that was not road legal....errr where is the confusion?
 If the uncle wanted to introduce his 17 year old nephew to moto x he should have taken him to a private track with the bike in the back of a van.Then he would still have a bike and his nephew wouldnt have been a nuisance.
EFILNIKCUFECIN
Disco V8 3 dr - THROW ME A FRICKIN' BONE HERE.
3 link, lockers and 35's- NUFF said

Offline MrTFWitt

Attack Member
A crushing blow
« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2006, 16:06:55 »
Theres a couple of important items missing from the story.

1) Did the rider have permission to ride on the private land ?

2) How did the bike get there?

If the bike was taken to private land on a trailer and ridden across a boundary that wasn't marked then a community service order or caution of some description would have been more than adequate.

If the bike was ridden on public roads to the land then it was a deliberate flouting of the law.

The underlying message is if you want to ride off road nick somebody elses bike to do it on and you'll get in far less trouble.

The part of this press release that really troubles me is "Section 152 of the Serious and Organised Crime Act 2005 gives police the power to seize bikes used on public highways without insurance and without an appropriate licence"

Serious and organised crime ?
I thought that was sawn off shotguns and the like not spotty teenagers riding round the woods.

Maybe the Chief Constables wife ran off with a hairy biker :)
Watch out theres a tigger about!

Offline Terminus

Attack Member
A crushing blow
« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2006, 16:11:14 »
Quote from: "MrTFWitt"
The part of this press release that really troubles me is "Section 152 of the Serious and Organised Crime Act 2005 gives police the power to seize bikes used on public highways without insurance and without an appropriate licence"

Serious and organised crime ?
I thought that was sawn off shotguns and the like not spotty teenagers riding round the woods.

Maybe the Chief Constables wife ran off with a hairy biker :)

As with many things the title doesn't necessarily depict everything it covers unfortunately - if it did the title would be a book in itself  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Edit - just a quick addition after a member of your family is killed by "spotty teenagers riding round the woods" who never saw them prior to running them down - would you consider it serious then? Just a thought.

A crushing blow
« Reply #41 on: August 11, 2006, 17:29:04 »
:shock:

Offline Bulli

Attack Member
A crushing blow
« Reply #42 on: August 11, 2006, 17:48:06 »
The loaned freelander one is intresting. All you would have to say to the police is that you had expressly forbid them taking the vehicle off private land. Therefore the car was technically stolen and you would get it back.
If uncle wally had the brains he would have said the nephew didnt have permission - if he did have permission then the uncle has sanctioned the actions of the lad.His CHOICE!!
Dangerous misuse of vehicles is exactly that - dangerous. I used to work for a Bike dealer and the local cops have photos of fatal accidents. You shouldnt be surprised to hear but most of them were uninsured , unlicenced idiots just like this lad.
EFILNIKCUFECIN

att

A crushing blow
« Reply #43 on: August 11, 2006, 18:24:02 »
We have a divided field here......No pun intended.
Seems to me there are the fascists, then we have the realists.
This is not an insult to anybody, just my opinion and how I perceive the situation.
The Nazi reference is over the top if you look at the extreme acts, however, they did have to go through certain stages to get to extremism, the stages that we are currently going through!

If the lad was knowingly breaking the law, then he should be punished accordingly, I am all for zero tolerance, but zero tolerance which punishes the correct individual, not the owner of the bike, unless he knew what the intended actions were, and this is for the relevent authorities to prove.

I have been the "victim" of an insured driver twice and each time the Police failed to do anything, even though I furnished them with details, in the end I had to take direct action myself, ensuring there were no witnesses. :roll:

I have been the victim of an insured driver who was cautioned for dangerous driving.... :roll:

My own experience has allowed me to form my own opinions, as I suspect others have.

I do not intend to insult others, but I merely form opinions from my own experiences, as do others.

If you know the law, you can "avoid" it, if you don`t, you can pay someone to "avoid" it for you......Usually a Lawyer.

Offline Skibum346

Attack Member
  • T. A. N. S. T. A. A. F. L.
A crushing blow
« Reply #44 on: August 11, 2006, 20:51:38 »
Just an observation or two.

The owner (Uncle "Nice Guy I'm Sure") made the 17 year old responsible for the bike (Big word that... not popular with a lot of people today).

As he was responsible for it... the fact that it is to be crushed is his (here comes that word again) responsibility.

So the issue is not with the police who are carrying out their duties as directed by their superiors who are in turn directed by the politicians, local and national, it's with the 17 year old.

(By the way... despite the Chief Constable "crusading" for crushin... I'm certain it has been done through a by law of some kind that had to go through the necessary POLITICAL process - Terminus... comments?).

Those politicians are elected by us, to represent us, and to take decisions on our behalf because it's not feasible for us all to put our t'penn'orth in for every decision. If you don't like the job they do, get up, get out and vote! Or better yet... put yerself up and YOU do the dirty work... see if your any better than anyone else!

Lastly... those of us with a military past may well remember the infamous section 69 of the army act 19tweedlydum. "Unsoldierly conduct". Please.... someone define for me exactly what unsoldierly conduct means? Most laws are written in a similar way. Best way to deal with is.... " *Shrug...* OK guv... it's a fair cop"!!!!   :P

SKibum

Offline suzota

Attack Member
A crushing blow
« Reply #45 on: August 11, 2006, 21:23:58 »
hmmmmm

well

hmmmmmm

basicaly crush the bike and make the 17 year old lad pay back the cost of said bike to the uncle.

i wouldn't lend my car to a 17 year old relative to go off and play with un supervised. full stop.
suzuki vitara on hilux axles with leaf springs.
35/13.50 mudzilla's
snorkel
twin t cases.
twin ramsey 8000 winches.
procomp e3000 shocks with 14" of travel.
more flex yeah baby
now with V12 power

Offline Terminus

Attack Member
A crushing blow
« Reply #46 on: August 12, 2006, 03:20:07 »
Quote from: "dave2a"

Sorry but YES it is his fault - ignorance of the law is not an acceptable excuse - if you lend any motor vehicle to another it is legally YOUR responsibilty to know the use it will be put to but more importantly that the rider/driver is insured to use the vehicle.

You can and would be charged if you loaned your car to a mate and he/she was stopped and found to be uninsured - the charge is that you did cause or permit the driver/rider to drive said motor car/motor cycle without insurance.

You are correct but the point is that nowhere is it mentioned that the owner has been charged or convicted with anything. They have taken his property and are going to destroy it as far as I can see without him being found guilty of anything. The rider is obviously guilty as he was caught in the act of using an untaxed, uninsured unlawful vehicle so deserves any punishment coming to him. I am not trying to defend HIS actions, which are obviously wrong. If it were HIS vehicle then crush it!

If you loaned your Freelander to a mate in a private field (with no public access, with landowners permission etc. etc. and therefore not requiring tax and insurance) and he assured you that he would only drive within that field but then went out onto the public road and was stopped, you would be charged as you say "that you did cause or permit the driver/rider to drive said motor car/motor cycle without insurance". You know that you have done no wrong but you think having the vehicle taken from you without a chance to prove that you were not guilty is right?

Comparisons with Nazi Germany may sound over the top but when you start to allow the Police to punish people without them having the chance to defend themselves in court it is the start of a slippery slope toward a fascist state.

Firstly he was daft enough to give a bike to a 17 year old who is not legally old enough to ride it other than on a proper track - his mistake and it cost him the bike - he doesn't need to be convicted - he allowed the offence to occur therefore the crushing of his bike is his own fault - the mention earlier (very correctly) by Bulli that had he been so concerned about his bike and that it was his nephew took the bike where he shouldn't have then he should have reported it technically stolen by the nephew but if he is saying he gave it to him then he has to accept the consequences - sorry but thats the law and in this instance I agree with it.

As for lending my Freelander you hit it right on the mark there - I wouldn't be stupid enough to lend my car to a 17 year old to drive around - sorry.

Again the facist state comment ... I really don't think I need voice my thoughts there  :lol:

On that note when I find myself repeating what I've said it's becoming a circular debate and not moving forward so I'll bow out, interestingly long topic though  :D

Offline Terminus

Attack Member
A crushing blow
« Reply #47 on: August 12, 2006, 03:26:03 »
Quote from: "Skibum346"
(By the way... despite the Chief Constable "crusading" for crushin... I'm certain it has been done through a by law of some kind that had to go through the necessary POLITICAL process - Terminus... comments?).

SKibum

Just one more thing in reply to the above
You're spot on - Police don't make laws they go through a long (very very long and several times revised) process in the House of Commons - before being passed on to the House of Lords - before they ever get approved as legislation.

Once legislation has been passed the Police have a duty to enforce it (whether or not you agree with it)  :shock:

Offline Skibum346

Attack Member
  • T. A. N. S. T. A. A. F. L.
A crushing blow
« Reply #48 on: August 12, 2006, 17:03:37 »
Once legislation has been passed the Police have a duty to enforce it (whether or not you agree with it)  :shock:

"Whether or not you or they agree with it!

Skibum

Offline drmike

Attack Member
A crushing blow
« Reply #49 on: August 13, 2006, 09:54:07 »
Just as a matter of record is there any appeal against the decision to crush? I jave the idea there isn't but I'm not sure.

Mike

Offline Bulli

Attack Member
A crushing blow
« Reply #50 on: August 13, 2006, 10:11:51 »
I dont know but i think this process has taken a long time to become legislation so i doubt it. Why should he have recourse? The lad clearly broke the law and lets face it could have injured you me or my kids. It would be a different story then...we would all be calling for him to be strung up.
Laws are created to give us rules to live by not OPTIONAL lifestlye choices. He broke the law on several counts ...they should also now ban him for 2 years in my view....lets see him get insurance then!
Skibum get yourself up for election next time and change the system. Laws are not passed overnight, the British legal system has developed very slowly...unfortunately not always in our(offroading) favour. But we either elected them or stood by whilst they were elected...either way YOU already made YOUR choice.
EFILNIKCUFECIN

Offline drmike

Attack Member
A crushing blow
« Reply #51 on: August 13, 2006, 11:33:24 »
OK so you're happy that he has no chance to put his case to some sort of court?

Where will you draw the line?

For speeding you can elect to go to court, for parking you ca go to court,  for most fixed penalties you can go to court but in this case he can't (well we think he can't).

As I say where do you draw the line?

It's obvious he's guilty, the gun was in his hand and still smoking. He's guilty. Lock him up.

We are sliding into risky waters in my view, in my case maybe sleep walking.

Mike

Offline C C

Attack Member
A crushing blow
« Reply #52 on: August 13, 2006, 14:54:34 »
OK so laws are passed by a democratically elected government. It doesnt mean that they are good or just.
The only way to get unjust laws amended is by the public opinion calling for a change.
Perhaps in this case most folk will care little for the plight of the hapless uncle. But as is pointed out he is being punished without being charged  or convicted of any crime.
The police should not have the power to punish that's the job of the judiciary.

Below is another example of heavy handed officialdom.

From EDP24
It may not have been a Porsche or Ferrari, but Nick Pagano felt like a king of the road when his parents handed over the keys of his 18th birthday present.

But the university student spoke of his shock last night after a council towed away and crushed his beloved first car into a cube without apparent warning.

The 19-year-old and his parents were left fuming after their 17-year-old Fiat Panda disappeared from its parking place near the University of East Anglia and was scrapped six days later.

The family, from Campion Road, Thetford, is now facing a £155 bill from Norfolk County Council after the cherished vehicle was deemed to be abandoned.

Mr Pagano, who has just finished a first year chemistry course at the UEA, said he would have to give up his summer barman job in Norwich because of the loss of his car.

"We assumed that the car had been stolen on June 8 and reported it to the police, but on Saturday we received a letter from the council saying that it had been destroyed. I was quite surprised because we received no communication from the council until then," he said.

Mr Pagano said the F-reg car was in an "immaculate" condition for its age and only had 40,000 miles on the clock when he legally parked it on Bridge Farm Lane, a housing estate near the university campus, on June 4.

But when the student returned four days later after completing his end of year exams and subsequent celebrations, the red Fiat was gone. During his absence, a rear side window had been smashed and Norwich City Council identified the Fiat as an abandoned vehicle with no tax disc.

Mother Liz Pagano said the incident was "difficult to comprehend" because the car contained work clothes, documents, and important university coursework.

She added that the car had five months tax and she was planning to take the matter to the small claims court. Some of the student's science coursework had been returned, but most of the papers were still missing, she claimed.

"It is such a pity because he has not had the car for long and it has always been looked after. It was not abandoned in any shape or form and it is not justified to scrap the car because we have spent a lot of money to keep it on the road. It has recently had a new clutch, steering column and had 11 months MOT," she said.

Mark Langlands, spokesman for Norfolk County Council, said legislation gave authorities the power to destroy cars which posed a potential hazard.

"The car was collected on June 8 as an abandoned vehicle at the request of Norwich City Council and was taken to our storage compound. It had no tax disc displayed and its rear side window had been smashed. A notice was attached to the car on June 7 warning the owner that it needed to be moved within 24 hours, but no action was taken."

"We have spoken to Mrs Pagano about her complaint and we will respond to her fully in due course once we have spoken to the staff involved," he said.
C C

TD5 Disco.
Kawasaki ZZR600.

Offline mark.yellow.series.3

Attack Member
A crushing blow
« Reply #53 on: August 13, 2006, 19:59:13 »
poeple are quick to complain that the law is to soft, giving poeple points on a licence they dont have, getting a slap on the wrist :x

now people complain that its too harsh :?:

if the bike rider was so stupid/ignorant of the fact he was in the wrong place, with a bike that he was not lawfully allowed to ride, with no insurance, he got what he deserved.
iam a law abiding citizan, my cars are taxed, tested,insured, and i have the correct licence, and it gets my goat to see poeple who dont give a crap about the law getting away with it. if it was a genuine mistake, the copper would have chosen a different stance iam sure.

Offline drmike

Attack Member
A crushing blow
« Reply #54 on: August 14, 2006, 18:33:04 »
You're really, really sure the copper would have made a different decision? You're really, really sure he might not make a mistake just as we might make a mistake?

So, you're quite happy that the training the police receive is so good that a decision with large implications should be the hands of a newly qualified cop with no appeal?

By and large I'm sure they do make the right decision but if there's no second chance then they have to be bang on every time. Isn't that a bit unfair on the cops?

Mike

att

A crushing blow
« Reply #55 on: August 14, 2006, 18:54:00 »
The Police do not make the right decision everytime, much like Judges.
No one is perfect.
In my opinion, police should not have the right to make these decisions, as councils should not either, they have been given too much power over the average citizen.....Even to the point that councils can seize an empty property after six months, with no right of appeal.

The UK has become fascist, it is a fact.

We will all be chipped soon, the next 10 - 20 years, they will use crime as an excuse, they are already monitoring our vehicles, it will be us next.
We are slowly but surely being led by the nose to constant monitoring, they are clever in their psychological conditioning as they do it.

People are mostly weak and ignorant to this, they see these measures as salvation to the anti-social climate and crime ridden society and take on board the "what have you got to hide" mentality.

I have my indivduality to hide, my inner self etc......My creative self, my innovative self, I just want to be me and hide away when needs be and be a social chamelion when needs be, I don`t want to be demographed, pigeon holed, labelled, homogonised, pastuerised, standardised for the sake of the Govt. and large Corps.

I want to be free.

Offline Terminus

Attack Member
A crushing blow
« Reply #56 on: August 14, 2006, 19:18:38 »
Quote from: "drmike"
You're really, really sure the copper would have made a different decision? You're really, really sure he might not make a mistake just as we might make a mistake?

So, you're quite happy that the training the police receive is so good that a decision with large implications should be the hands of a newly qualified cop with no appeal?

By and large I'm sure they do make the right decision but if there's no second chance then they have to be bang on every time. Isn't that a bit unfair on the cops?

Mike

Oh come on - lets examine your logic - police make mistakes yep they do thats why there's a sergeant to make sure they agree and an inspector above them - you seem to be under the misguided impression that a cop can do as he or she pleases - thats so very wrong.

While we're talking about mistakes ...... so do judges, so do governments and so do the people that vote them in.... and so do uncles and hey he made the mistake he'll just have to deal with it - like it or not thats the law and if it wasn't there life would be a lot harder than one crushed bike.

In addition new police officers don't just make decisions on their own if you think that you're just a touch off base.

The second chance in this case is when the next in the chain of command reviews and authorises the action or cancels it if it is not a fair decision.

Again with the facist comments I really think that's taking it too far ....

That really is my final post on the subject :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Edit - cup of tea anyone  :D  :wink:

Offline drmike

Attack Member
A crushing blow
« Reply #57 on: August 14, 2006, 21:28:03 »
Thanks for your input Terminus, I don't know the procedures that lead up to these decisions. If you'll reply just once more you could perhaps explain to us just how these situations work.

Could I make representations to the sargeant, inspector or whoever regarding the circumstances?

I still don't feel it's right that these decisions are made without the option of going to court and I'm not sure that it's fair on you and your colleagues to be expected to make fair judgements.

I'd just return to the question as to where the line is drawn regarding the decisions the police should make without the support of the courts.

It's certainly interesting law and I am assuming it's introduction was to ease the load on the courts so that they can deal with cases promptly. Justice delayed is indeed justice denied in my opinion.

In the case we are discussing the uncle is smarting because of prompt delivery of what in law is justice and that's the idea I guess.

I'm sure that you had no intention of associating me with any fascist comments as I haven't made any and wouldn't while others have.

Mike

Offline Xtremeteam

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
  • Its just the way i roll
    • lampeter, west wales
A crushing blow
« Reply #58 on: August 14, 2006, 22:10:37 »
Quote from: "att"
The Police have their hands tied by legislation......And quite often their own low IQ. :roll:

I take exception to that, everyone has a point of view but if you can't make it without such insults perhaps its not worth making.

Cheers

thats a bit on the low side, :roll:

be careful just who you slag as ive found its bites a sore 1  :!:
Mike
I can Drive.. You can criticize..
I too can criticize like you.. but can you Drive like me??

Offline Terminus

Attack Member
A crushing blow
« Reply #59 on: August 14, 2006, 22:26:28 »
Quote from: "drmike"
Thanks for your input Terminus, I don't know the procedures that lead up to these decisions. If you'll reply just once more you could perhaps explain to us just how these situations work.

Could I make representations to the sargeant, inspector or whoever regarding the circumstances?

I still don't feel it's right that these decisions are made without the option of going to court and I'm not sure that it's fair on you and your colleagues to be expected to make fair judgements.

I'd just return to the question as to where the line is drawn regarding the decisions the police should make without the support of the courts.

It's certainly interesting law and I am assuming it's introduction was to ease the load on the courts so that they can deal with cases promptly. Justice delayed is indeed justice denied in my opinion.

In the case we are discussing the uncle is smarting because of prompt delivery of what in law is justice and that's the idea I guess.

I'm sure that you had no intention of associating me with any fascist comments as I haven't made any and wouldn't while others have.

Mike

Mike appologies i didn't mean to associate you  with any facist comment and i'm not poking at att for his opinion - each to their own. Yes this would have been introduced to ease the burden on the courts and for the most part in England and Wales it works (not in Scotland yet although scottish police can impond avehicle)

I realise most poeple think the decision is taken by the officer at the scene and thats it but that is seldom the case.

The problem for those who dislike the result is law is technically (where road traffic is concerned) written in stone. I would doubt seriously that in the example given it is as innocent as many would like to believe - sometimes incidents such as this may seem harsh but it is considered thoroughly - remember police are people like you when they are not at work - they don't live to be unpopular - sometimes people forget it's 'people' who join the police not heartless robots.

Most do what they do in the case of road traffic because it's the law not through personal satisfaction

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal