AuthorTopic: V8 EFI overheating solved  (Read 342 times)

Offline disco-v8

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
V8 EFI overheating solved
« on: July 25, 2006, 12:53:57 »
if any of you can remember abit back, my disco was overheating all the time and nothing i did cured the problem.....

new thermastat - nope
new coolant - nope
flushed system - nope
ECU reset - nope
cleaned rad while on car - nope
took thermastat off - nope
new exspansion cap - nope
bled system of air - nope

now ive found out the problem... even though i cleaned the radiator while on the vehicle it didnt get all of the crap out of it which i thought i had done, pluss the rad having 3 cores the dirts gavers like fly on poop!!!!

as you can see from the pictures that the rad is full of mud from last time i went off roading... the side you can see is the side that faces the front of the car and is behind the AC rad so it didnt clean up to well when onm the car.......

after taking it off it must of took me an hour to clean it of because the mud just kept flowing from it, i would clean one side and the mud would ousss out the other, then i would do the other side and the same again, then i would have to do the other side again, and again and again.... it was never endless.... as you can see, it filled up alarge poursion of my garden with mud....

ok cleaning the rad help but wasnt the cure..... last weekend i realised that my fiscus fan was totaly dead, it seemed to be harder to turn when cold then it did hot, after taking it off, it would turn with abit of stiffness then it would all of a sudden go easy, well that said it all.... so then i pulled of the heater coil at the back and clicked the switch on and off... no difference....... yeap its knackered

so now ive drilled it through the middle and bolted it up for the time been and guess what, no over heating YEAH!!!!!!

reasons for over heating

1. dirty rad
2. knackered fan
3. super hot weather

hope this will help other people if they ever get the same problem
I LOVE MUD!!!!!! but my engine doesnt

Offline suggs

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
V8 EFI overheating solved
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2006, 21:50:29 »
glad you got it sorted, amazing how much muck can hide in a rad, have you thought about getting a kenlowe fan for off roading, i have 2 on my V8 and even when it was full off mud at Billing it never over heated..

H
modded 90

V8 Disco 2 ES premium for the Mrs

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal