AuthorTopic: vibration problem  (Read 3809 times)

Offline Caterman

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
    • Buckingham
  • Referrals: 0
vibration problem
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2006, 22:13:39 »
just found spring issue 5 2006 of LRO page 210, what is purpose of heavy metal cylindrical item close to font diff.  reply is  it is a harmonic damper to reduce vibration on front axle. :!:  any use to you, i have one on my disco.
Regards  Steve

Discos here and Discos there!!!                  Land Rover its a way of Life.                      Land Rover, Pride of Britan.

Babe
 Dicso  1 (1990) 200TDI.   Winch Bumper, steering guard,  Qt Diff Guards, Breather kit, 2in lift, Pro Comp Shocks, Dislocation cones, extended brake hose,Colway M/T's, Kenlowe fan, solar panel, C.B.  Skint!!

M.K Crew

Offline Range Rover Blues

Attack Member
    • South Yorkshire
vibration problem
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2006, 02:47:40 »
RRC didn't have them untill the (metric) EFi modles with thicker props.  I've binned mine and it doens't make that much difference, it's not the cause here I feel.

I'm going to suggest you try driving with the front prop removed (and difflock of course) to see if it goes away, then try refitting that and removing the rear.
Blue,  1988  Range Rover 3.5 EFi with plenty of toys bolted on
Chuggaboom, 1995 Range Rover Classic
1995 Range Rover Classic Vogue LSE with 5 big sticks of Blackpool rock under the bonnet.

Offline dazzawhipple

Attack Member
vibration problem
« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2006, 08:12:51 »
Quote from: "denviks"
replaced the front out put bearing on the transfere box ( loads of fun ) ....

Dennis can you go into a bit more detail on this need to do mine

Darren
G'Day
Landcruiser 2004 , 4.2 Straight six, Diesel, Roo bar, Snorkel, Dual Batteries, UHF, Roof Consul, Rear Drawer storage system, 50mm Lift

Offline denviks

Attack Member
vibration problem
« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2006, 10:00:11 »
hi mate.i have done a full write up on the job on plcuk. have a nose

http://www.plcuk.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=4061

hope it helps mate........ i did find it an easy job although getting the bearing out took me longer that it should of... :oops:  :oops:
cheers
dennis
more moves than a dad in a disco!!!!!!!!!!

im always @ www.plcuk.co.uk

Offline denviks

Attack Member
vibration problem
« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2006, 11:15:12 »
Quote from: "Range Rover Blues"
RRC didn't have them untill the (metric) EFi modles with thicker props.  I've binned mine and it doens't make that much difference, it's not the cause here I feel.

I'm going to suggest you try driving with the front prop removed (and difflock of course) to see if it goes away, then try refitting that and removing the rear.

hi mate.well ive done as you said..... no difference at all im afraid. still got the vibration coming up through the steering and the whole truck...

i have just been under the disco again and used a pry bar in the bushes on the panard rod. they dont feel too bad to be honest....about eaqual both sides. maybe a little soft. i might put another steering damper on her anyway just to be sure. the front steering bar seems alittle graity.... ie the ball joints seem seem like they bind slightly but still move. the rear tie rod bar seems ok and nice and smooth. im slowly loosing the will to live with this.......no idea where to go next  :(  :(  :(
cheers
dennis
more moves than a dad in a disco!!!!!!!!!!

im always @ www.plcuk.co.uk

Offline dazzawhipple

Attack Member
vibration problem
« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2006, 11:24:02 »
A friend had this he found the track rod end was loose in the thread ....The clamp wasent doing its job

Might be!!!

Darren
G'Day
Landcruiser 2004 , 4.2 Straight six, Diesel, Roo bar, Snorkel, Dual Batteries, UHF, Roof Consul, Rear Drawer storage system, 50mm Lift

Offline way2deep

Attack Member
vibration
« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2006, 00:46:18 »
my vibration on over-run was due to the transfer box having too much play in it ...fitted another gear box and transfer box complete and airing on the side of caution fitted a new clutch at the same time ,and then found out the new clutch was faulty so had to replace it again a week later   :(  :(  not happy with ap clutches at the moment
robbie
200 tdi rangie  1989  4dr

Attack Member
    • South Yorkshire
vibration problem
« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2006, 17:16:39 »
Quote from: "denviks"
im slowly loosing the will to live with this.......no idea where to go next  :(  :(  :(

Ok, I'm going to have a long think about this, I need to recap.  Someone buy me a drink......
1995 Range Rover Classic Vogue LSE with 5 big sticks of Blackpool rock under the bonnet.

Offline way2deep

Attack Member
Re: vibration
« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2006, 20:55:30 »
[ not happy with ap clutches at the moment[/quote]
just a quick point ap clutches have admitted a manufacturing fault on the release bearing and are going to reimburse me out of pocket expenses  :D  :D
robbie
200 tdi rangie  1989  4dr

Attack Member
    • South Yorkshire
vibration problem
« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2006, 23:30:17 »
Ok, so let's recap, you know it is NONE of the following

Propshafts
wheel bearings
wheel balance
external play in the axles ie driveshafts/pinion bearings

did we say the gear you are in makes no diference?

Have you checked the drive mambers and bearings in the outer ends of the front axle?

If so then one more thing is to try disconnecting the propshaft and half shafts from one axle, then the other.  Yes I know it's work but......

Also did we discount any sort of misfire in the engine? in 5th ours runs approx the same engine revs as prop revs, so 2 tiny vibrations combine to get annoying.

Did you try a different set of tyres? not just swapping front to back.

Oh, check the engine mounts.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal