AuthorTopic: HYDE PARK CALLING  (Read 277 times)

Offline burgerman

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 1
HYDE PARK CALLING
« on: July 04, 2006, 13:08:17 »
Howdy all, A bit of a long shot but were any members at hyde park calling over the weekend ??    we were there for the saturday, blooming hot to state the obvious  :oops:   some great bands  playing, started with billy gibbons, no i didnt recognise the name to start with , but he was with squeeze a few years ago ( up the junction n cool for cats ect ) was cool to hear some tunes again, almost forgot how many they had done :o

Texas put on a good performance but by this time that football match was in extra time on the screen at the back of the park, and i guess 3/4 of the crowd were glued to it,

Then the finally  Roger walters came on and done a few numbers (floyd and his own work)   then had a 10min break,   came back assisted on drums by nick mason (2 out of 3 floyd cant be too bad)  and performed the whole of dark side of the moon     WOW!!!   not normally to easily impressed but i cannot fail there performance in any way, and the best sound quality i have ever heard even compared to indoor gigs  very chuffed to have been there to witness it.  

on sunday it was razorlight, zutons, and headlining the who

sadly had to work on sunday  :(  

sorry to drivle on a bit to those who dont like  that type of thing but im sure there are still quite a few who do ??

NOT LONG TILL BILLING (and my birthday)  :D  :D  :D
TD5 with a few Tweaks ;o)
a bit more fuel friendly than the V8

Offline Tyke

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
HYDE PARK CALLING
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2006, 13:26:51 »
(2 out of 3 floyd cant be too bad) and performed the whole of dark side of the moon WOW!!!

That sounds good. Chances of them all getting together again are very slim though. Bob Geldhof had a devil of a job getting them to play at his aid events a few years back . . . . but they did it. Doubt they will again though.

I saw the original performance of 'Dark Side' at Knebworth Festival years back . . . . Stuck with me forever did that performance . . . . superb.

My top played music while I'm out in the Motor . . . . . Pink Floyd . . . . . 'Shine on you crazy diamond'  :wink:
----------------------------------

KEEPING IT REAL - KEEPING IT BRITISH

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal