AuthorTopic: help please RE ebay and pay pal..  (Read 3026 times)

Offline smo

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
help please RE ebay and pay pal..
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2006, 12:00:04 »
ITS A SCAM!! - DONT DO IT!

1) He pays by Paypal - as has been said this can and will be reversed, in the meantime they get the car, you loose the money and youll find paypal dont give 2 hoots and wont stop the reversal of the money.

2) He pays by cheque - itll be from a dodgy account and will bounce, maybe not immediatly but within 6 months the bank will be taking the money back, once again the cars gone.

3) BACS/Transfer - nice idea, and the safest so far as he can do diddly squat with your account number and sort code other than pay money in, so you arent going to be stung that way, however itll be a dodgy/stolen account and the transfer will be refused and reversed by the bank, just like the cheque...but the car will have gone.

4) This is the only safe way.... He pays his "agent", not you. Someone, either him or his agent pays you in cash, which you take to the bank with them and pay in, this ensures its legit and not counterfeit or anything, only then do you release the car.

If you dont follow the advice above youll get stung...i bet your landy on it ;)
'04 90 TD5 - Written off :(

200TDi 90 Hardtop

TD5 North Offroad D-Lander coming soon!!!!

Edge

« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2006, 12:44:34 »
Good advice there SMO :D .

Offline scania

Attack Member
« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2006, 13:08:31 »
why dont you ask someone in brierly hill to check out this guy.

i deffo wouldnt be giving out my bank details to anyone., personally id be selling it to the next person, the brit one!!!!

Offline fram

Attack Member
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2006, 14:37:40 »
You need to get two letters, one to be signed by the buyer stating that his agent has full responsabillity for the final decision to purchase the vehicle and that you accept no responsabillity if the purchaser is not happy with the agents decision and any fault will be with the purchasers agent. Fax it to the buyer get him to sign it and send it back.
Second letter for the buyers agent stating that he is sattisfied that the vehicle is as described and that he is happy to make the purchase on the buyers behalf and that he accepts all responsabillity for making the choice to buy the vehicle and to deliver it to the buyer in the same condition as when it left you.
Sorry to say that in this day and age you can't just right out a "sold as seen" receipt, it's not worth the paper it's writen on. When you sell any vehicle you have to get the buyer to sign the receipt to say they are happy with the condition of the car.
If you have proof that the buyer (or the agent acting on their behalf) is happy with the vehicle at the time of purchase then ther should be very little chance of any comeback.
Katie, Green 200tdi Disco

Offline bezzabsa

Attack Member
  • I'm BACK..possibly..LOL
« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2006, 16:39:31 »
Well, the funds are in paypal currently awaiting transfer to my bank, the guy that is supposed to be transporting to liverpool is to receive £100 as payment - which was included in the transaction . so waiting for the transport guy to arrange a date and time with me.

he has asked for a copy of V5 to be faxed/ emailed to him then the original can be sent to swansea as 'Permantly exported'

Will keep you informed as to status of cash etc.
Be afraid. Be very afraid
YAM YAM SQUAD
Life's a journey - so remember to pay FULL fare!

Edge

« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2006, 18:19:29 »
I hope everything goes smoothly for you Bezza, good luck.

Offline Plum

Attack Member
« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2006, 19:06:58 »
Well ive kept well out of this so far . . . . however i would do the same bezza,  you seem to be covering all the bases . . . .an as long as u do no probs . . . . ditto Trug. . . . . .

ide just like to take this opp to say that i think this "Mud Club" site an all its membersan advice is absolutely bloody (an thats swearing) brilliant. . . . .thanks. . .

All the best bezzabsa. . . . . . cheers . .. .Plum . . . . .
" Do not waste time for that is the stuff life is made up of "
Hull4x4.com

Offline bezzabsa

Attack Member
« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2006, 19:24:07 »
well thanks for all the concerns , and advice.
well i have just sent him this email:-

Hi, after several repeated attempts - I have still been unable to contact 'Albert'.

So If I cannot contact him tonight I have no other option but to put a hold on the transaction.

I am still very unsure of paying a guy that I have never met to take away MY vehicle which has been paid for by funds that I have yet to have in my hand!

If , as you state, you are a genuine buyer then I'm sure a 3 or 4 day wait will not bother you as you have previously stated that the land rover is booked for next week.

I hope you can appreciate my concerns, and hopefully put them to rest by agreeing that this is the best course of action.

Bezza

I am waiting for a reply and i'll let you know what happens!
YAM YAM SQUAD

Offline spy

Attack Member
« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2006, 21:52:26 »
Stop!  Refund the paypal payment.  Tell him cash or nothing, he can pay his agent the money as other people suggested.  If his paypal payment was funded by credit card and the company request a refund on his behalf they will get it.  You will have no motor and no money.  

Also he may have added a stolen card to someone elses verified paypal account.  Its not worth the risk, I have read far too much about people robbed using pretty much this exact story.  Refund him now, take a negative feedback and relist blocking foreign bidders if you have to.  Its better than getting stung.
110 2.5 Petrol LPG powered
Discovery 300tdi - Sold to Sooty
Discovery 200tdi  - SPY - SOLD
Series 3 - XUXY - SOLD :(

www.landyworld.co.uk

Offline bezzabsa

Attack Member
« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2006, 17:30:38 »
well his answer to the email has arrived :-

Neil- No problems, I will leave it until next week.  You should have
the
funds from Paypal already, it is an instant transfer.  As far as the
transaction is concerned, we have finalized it.  I just need to get the
Rover picked up, and as you point out, it is booked on next weeks
voyage, so there is no immediate rush.  

Thanks,

Gabor S. Antalics

so I'll see what happens next as to collection..
YAM YAM SQUAD

Offline Bob696

Attack Member
« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2006, 18:07:12 »
Not sure if anyone else has posted this but I did a search for "Gabor Antalics" (without the S) and it would appear he owns http://www.skytoprover.com/company.htm

OR

it is someone using his address as the one in the email matches the web address. Thats easy to fix, just give the company a call and see if it is indeed them buying your truck.
"A wise man has something to say a fool has to say something"
"Think of it as evolution in action" and yes, I do know that I can't spell thank you.
200TDi 90  "Daisy" A.K.A. "Baby"
3.5L V8 110 "Sally". The camper van with an attitude problem.

LABOUR
Lying Arrogant Blair Oppressors of UK Rights

Offline spy

Attack Member
« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2006, 19:49:45 »
He can leave it three weeks then request a charge back.  He could rely on someone with a stolen card not getting a statement for at least another few weeks.  I still say refund him.  

Just my 2p worth, I have ranted enough and will leave you to it now! :D
110 2.5 Petrol LPG powered
Discovery 300tdi - Sold to Sooty
Discovery 200tdi  - SPY - SOLD
Series 3 - XUXY - SOLD :(

www.landyworld.co.uk

Offline dazzawhipple

Attack Member
« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2006, 22:11:17 »
Just to add I sold an engine to a german guy .............who actually come over in his RRc and picked it up

All was fine payed cash

Darren
G'Day
Landcruiser 2004 , 4.2 Straight six, Diesel, Roo bar, Snorkel, Dual Batteries, UHF, Roof Consul, Rear Drawer storage system, 50mm Lift

Offline blackbob

Attack Member
« Reply #43 on: June 23, 2006, 22:17:07 »
keep the £100 and deliver it your self to the docks :D
love's mud and lpg and the wife
skype ekken3011

Offline deranged rover

Attack Member
« Reply #44 on: June 27, 2006, 12:39:38 »
Hmm, here's my tuppenyworth.
if its booked for a sailing, then ask him for the the details of the shipping company, time date & reference number for the sailing. You will need proof of export for DVLA otherwise you are still liable for road tax. There are many criteria for export, VAT and VAT exemption are a few. Certain conditions must be applied and adhered to otherwise you may be charged various fees and be liable for other indemnities. It is a grey area and i know there were many difficulties when i bought and sold motor vehicles within the EU but i only ever dealy in cash! bank transfers can be reversed, a cheque can be bounced up to 6 months after it has cleared! The main thing i would do is to contact someone else whom he has bought a vehicle from and try to get an idea of any pitfalls etc or whether it went smoothly and payment was fine. You should also note that most of the major players in the LR businesses don't ship to the US, i wonder why?
anyway, you have my backing for taking on such a transaction, good luck
Scott
"If anything falls off this vehicle, please be assured that if it hits you - it will hurt!"

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal