AuthorTopic: Opinions on Bronco retreads or remoulds in general  (Read 14537 times)

Offline MZ6666

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Opinions on Bronco retreads or remoulds in general
« Reply #60 on: June 30, 2007, 22:44:07 »
I had a set of Grizzly Claws....Great for off-road but absoulutely sh*te on road. Unstable,loud,prone to changing direction of their own accord, started to break up after 1500ish miles. And I don't think they're over cheap either?
Now running a set of BFG muds......They're stunning and super quiet even at 70mph on a concrete motorway with the windows down. £100 each fitted 'n' balanced (265/75's) I can live with that.

And as for wagons running remoulds.........How many disintergrated tyres do you see on the motorways ??? :shock:  But I suppose it's not too bad when you've got another 17 underneath your vehicle :wink:
'DONK' =1993 200 Tdi BEAST- 2"ish BRITPART/PRO-COMP LIFT,MODULARS/BFG MUDS ,K&N FILTER,HUGE INTERCOOLER,SNORKEL/+BREATHERS,MILEMAKER HYDRAULIC WINCH ON A DISCOPARTS BUMPER,STEERING/TANK/DIFF GUARDS,MIDLAND 98 CB,FRONT/REAR ENDS a'lA MAD MAX
'BURBLE' - 1995 DISCOVERY 3.9 V8 ES LPG
3" PRO COMP, 265/75's BF GOODRICH,TDS GOLDFISH WINCH,WINCH BUMPER, TANK/ DIFF  GUARDS, FLEXI ARCHES,CHERRY BOMB!! more to come !!   
'BERTA' - 1995 DISCO 300tdi ES - standard, My Wife's
'VRUM' - SUZUKI 1200 BANDIT -modded ;-)

Offline bullfrog

Attack Member
« Reply #61 on: July 01, 2007, 00:04:44 »
Truck and plane tyres are made to be re-cut/moulded. 4x4 tyres are not . Brands such as colway have been around a while and seem to have a good reputation but "other" brands are dodgy european carcasses that "may" have a history.
You can also tell a lot of remoulds by their poor mould and lumpy side walls.
I have remoulds on the site vehicle as it only goes 10mph max but I run branded on the road vehicle.
Just my oppinion though and folks are free to make their own choices (I think) :?

Offline CNorman

Attack Member
« Reply #62 on: July 01, 2007, 09:30:40 »
I have BFGoodrich MT which are supurb on and off road. I also have used them for miloes and miles.

As for all this "tearing them offroad crap", how many tyres have people actually done like that.

Chalk, flint, stone. I have not. I dont think i have ever known anyone tear open a BFGoodrich. I know of one Bronco that tore open!

Remoulds should be about £25, they are reused three times and only require new tyre treads.

Not for me.

Offline Lyndsey731

Attack Member
« Reply #63 on: July 01, 2007, 09:41:47 »
I have just changed my grizzly claws for pro-comps as i wanted 35's. The disco runs so much better, handling and quicker acceleration (even with the extra 3" diameter). The main problem i had with the Broncos is that they peel around the bead. Spoke to Bronco and they said it was normal just cut it off with a knife!!! When the bead peels away small bits of muck can push down in giving a poor seal, hence th last time i drove on them i pulled two off the rim.

Gav

Offline Oz

Attack Member
    • Guildford
« Reply #64 on: August 21, 2007, 12:44:47 »
My left hand front insa turbo sahra went bank last nite straight along the remould... tread has come apart from the rest of the tyre.. i now have busted head light and bonnet... only had them on the truck for a week and a half........... what should i do

Offline Boggert

Attack Member
« Reply #65 on: August 21, 2007, 12:59:00 »
I have just ordered a new set of Colways for my Terrano II from Snowden Tyres. I also had them on my Grand Vitara and was very impressed, never had a problem with them and they were as cheap as chips.

If the tyre is new I would contact the manufactures and see what they have to say, Colway apparently are great and you'll get a new tyre no questions, however I have never had a problem so wouldn't know.
If want to walk it walk it, if you want to ride it ride it just leave me alone to drive it!

"Save The Cheer leader, save the world"

Offline TDi90

Attack Member
  • Rolly - Under Construction...
« Reply #66 on: August 21, 2007, 13:54:11 »
Quote from: "MZ6666"
I had a set of Grizzly Claws....Great for off-road but absoulutely sh*te on road. Unstable,loud,prone to changing direction of their own accord, started to break up after 1500ish miles. And I don't think they're over cheap either?
Now running a set of BFG muds......They're stunning and super quiet even at 70mph on a concrete motorway with the windows down. £100 each fitted 'n' balanced (265/75's) I can live with that.

And as for wagons running remoulds.........How many disintergrated tyres do you see on the motorways ??? :shock:  But I suppose it's not too bad when you've got another 17 underneath your vehicle :wink:

agree 100% same thing happend to my grizlies, now run BFG muds, and cant fault them. BFG's a blinding tyre.
grizzly claws wefre all over the road, horribl;e things, then they started to break up and just... dont even get me going....
R
TDi90
~The DFYTR Moderation Team~

Offline Oz

Attack Member
    • Guildford
« Reply #67 on: August 21, 2007, 14:07:53 »
I Agree after what happen last nite i just dont think remoulds are worth the danger :twisted:

Offline 666

Attack Member
« Reply #68 on: August 21, 2007, 14:15:59 »
Got 33x12.5 Grizzley Claws on my tank,

They are great off road, but on road they are horrible! As said in a previous post, they change direction badly (obviously following cambers) and are soooooooooo noisey, at less than 30mph it sounds like im being follwed by WW2 fighter plane! Have got another set of road tyres to put on for normal use, cant wait to swap them over

Cheers

Mark

Offline Range Rover Blues

Attack Member
    • South Yorkshire
« Reply #69 on: August 21, 2007, 17:07:26 »
I used my Machos on the road and TBH they were a bit noisey but the handling was ok, even though one of them didn't look that round.  Now that I can afford it I run BFG A/T or M/T and I'm much happier, especially when towing.
Blue,  1988  Range Rover 3.5 EFi with plenty of toys bolted on
Chuggaboom, 1995 Range Rover Classic
1995 Range Rover Classic Vogue LSE with 5 big sticks of Blackpool rock under the bonnet.

Offline Gav_T

Attack Member
« Reply #70 on: August 21, 2007, 22:23:44 »
Interesting topic.

I rang my insurers (Adrian flux) about fitting insa turbo special tracks to my v8 disco. I clearly stated that they were Q rated (99mph) and that the top speed of my jeep was higher (106mph) but i stated that with the speed limit being 70mph max it didn't matter.
They checked and double checked and said its fine to run them but im just waiting for it in writing off them before i do anything else.

On a slightly different note, i said i wanted to add a snorkel,lift the suspension, fit arches and bigger wheels and tyres and they said there would be no change to my premium - how good is that?!?!?

Gav.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal