AuthorTopic: RRC 300 TDI retrofit cooling questions  (Read 4639 times)

Offline Range Rover Blues

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
    • South Yorkshire
  • Referrals: 0
RRC 300 TDI retrofit cooling questions
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2006, 01:20:29 »
I thought you'd said that, explains why you find it a soft ride then, the HD 'police spec' springs for the V8 use standard TDi front springs, so you have gone the other way, ultra light duty :?

Anyway, the worst thing i find with the EAS is the suspension trmors and steering kickback on a rough road.  Dampers might cover it up but to get rid of it it's either lighter wheels and tyres IE 205s whic h I don't want to do or different spring rates.  This way it changes the natural frquency of the suspension.  We'll see what the new springs do.  I was expecting them tomorrow but UPS say they are still in the US, I'm not holding my breath :roll:
Blue,  1988  Range Rover 3.5 EFi with plenty of toys bolted on
Chuggaboom, 1995 Range Rover Classic
1995 Range Rover Classic Vogue LSE with 5 big sticks of Blackpool rock under the bonnet.

Offline PoPrivit

Attack Member
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2006, 12:16:21 »
I am getting a little kickback also but was going to replace the steering damper as it looks past its best.

As for my other Tdi i am planning a major refit with a 2" lift new springs/ shocks and a bush kit. This will done along with a bobtail and i'm still thinking of a canvas top with full roll cage or a truck cab not sure what to do at the moment.

i think that i may have an leak or a dodgy pressure switch on the EAS as the pump runs for longer than i expected. dosent drop much over night though less than 1/4 inch so not sure :(

also want to service the EAS so where should i go to get a new filter and drier?

cheers rich
Present

1974 BobTail Rangie V8 Man with TruckCab and full external cage

1995 Soft Dash RRC Vogue SE 300 TDi Auto

1997 300 Tdi Disco "for my good lady"

Previous

1986 RRC V8 Man with 300 Tdi Retrofit (sold)

3.9 V8 300 Disco (sold)
3.5 V8 RRC (sold)
3.9 V8 RRC Gassed (sold)
300 ES Disco (sold)
SIII 2 1/4 Petrol (sold)

200 Tdi Disco Breaking

Offline Range Rover Blues

Attack Member
    • South Yorkshire
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2006, 12:32:34 »
For the EAS service parts, try Rimmer's if you don't want to pay stealer prices, or Paddock's if they stock them.  Air bags are way cheaper on E-Blag though.

I find my pump runs a lot too, I don't know whether it's tired or what.  I keep meaning to check for water in the reservoir but don't get round to it.

Do you hear your pump running from the back corner of the car, ie where the air filter is situated?

If you want to check the EAS for leaks then put it into high or standard then set the inhibit switch (undere the driver's seat) which will stop it tryin to self level overnight.  Apparently they self level every time a door opens/closes or every 6 hours when unattended.
Blue,  1988  Range Rover 3.5 EFi with plenty of toys bolted on
Chuggaboom, 1995 Range Rover Classic
1995 Range Rover Classic Vogue LSE with 5 big sticks of Blackpool rock under the bonnet.

Offline PoPrivit

Attack Member
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2006, 13:39:10 »
the more it's being used the better it's getting 2at the moment anyway"

Still not a convert to the ride but i'm getting used to it. i have noticed that the car pulls a bit when the +50 drop has been engaged not much but if you disable via inhibit it stops?  i'll have a look when a get a min.

Also time to say goodbye to the old blue RRC 300 TDI just got it all sorted and now don't realy need her. IMHO it's too good to chop and bobtail and i already have the new classic for work and big white shed towing so i have been and looked at a 3.5 V8 bobtail. I was doing a good job of not looking too keen till he started it up...........I think the manic grin gave it away......So the new toy arrives next weekend so got to make some room. So if you know anyone who wants a good RRC with a 300 Tdi let me know.
Present

1974 BobTail Rangie V8 Man with TruckCab and full external cage

1995 Soft Dash RRC Vogue SE 300 TDi Auto

1997 300 Tdi Disco "for my good lady"

Previous

1986 RRC V8 Man with 300 Tdi Retrofit (sold)

3.9 V8 300 Disco (sold)
3.5 V8 RRC (sold)
3.9 V8 RRC Gassed (sold)
300 ES Disco (sold)
SIII 2 1/4 Petrol (sold)

200 Tdi Disco Breaking

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal