AuthorTopic: Hampshire  (Read 4410 times)

Offline Lord Shagg-Pyle

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • "Where we're going, we don't need roads!"
  • Referrals: 0
Hampshire
« on: May 06, 2006, 08:57:10 »
The Bat and Ball at Hambledon.
Great food, beer is good being from the local brewery, Gales at Horndean, which unfortunately has just been bought out.
This pub is the mecca (can I say that now?) for cricket buffs. Well worth a visit even if you are not into cricket.

Offline andycwb

Attack Member
Hatchgate, Bramshill
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2006, 17:43:30 »
The only place I know you can get Zebra and chips.  Or Wildebeest, or camel, or impala, or crocodile.

Excellent place with a good normal menu, too.
"You came here in *that thing*?  You're braver than I thought."
Td5 Discovery, TD5 Alive Re-Map, QT Diff Guards, Safari Snorkel
Steering Guard, FT-8900 radio, roof rack

Offline Lord Shagg-Pyle

Attack Member
  • "Where we're going, we don't need roads!"
Hampshire
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2007, 11:50:51 »
The Vine at Hambledon.
Highlander1 and I dropped in for a pint and and sarnie there last week. Excellent ale and great sarnies. We decided that we would have to pay a second vist for an evening meal with my dear lady.
However different story. Service was absolutlely awful. We arrived for the table booking at 8pm and then sat around waiting for someone to show us to the table and get us menus. I then tried to order some more drinks and stood at the bar with an empty glass strategically placed, while the bar lad chatted to his mate and ignored me.
HL1 had a similar experience, namely when he was getting some drinks, he was halfway through being served, the bar lad stopped what he was doing and started serving a group that had literally just walked in! Not impressed!
It is a real shame, because it is a nice pub, the food is good and the landlord really knows his beers

Offline Red Defender

Attack Member
  • Red Defender
Hampshire
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2007, 15:25:01 »
the Trooper in Froxfield does good food, go there quite regularly  :lol:

Hampshire
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2007, 01:09:02 »
in Odiham there is a place called Bluebeckers and provided it hasn’t changed the service is excellent, the food is great and its a wonderful restaurant

Offline Bunnie

Attack Member
    • portsmouth
Hampshire
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2007, 22:22:34 »
LSP, The Vine was taken over about 18 months to 2 years ago now, and  its not the same standard as it was when peter and ann owned it. although saying that they still get there usual monday and friday clubs dispite the fact all moan about the old bloke i think that serves some times.

how ever i do suggest you try mine for dinner with your lady we do a different selection of home cooked meals upstairs in our resturant each weekend(friday and saturday only) plus carvery every sunday (booking is advised for the carvery tho) other than that we have a specials board and standard 'pub' bar meal avaliable during week day lunch times.
Suzuki Vitara (Rabbit)- Alive and well
206cc (Puggy) -Sold Defender Black (mummys 90)
Disco 200tdi (Serenity)- Sold
Audi S2 - Rich's beast
Audi 100 - The work horse
Sapphire the Siberian Husky
Skye the Alaskan Marlamute
Devil Ducks (Howard, River & Jayne)

Offline TDi90

Attack Member
  • Rolly - Under Construction...
Re: Hampshire
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2008, 20:15:49 »
the pub with no name just over stoner hill by the john deere dealership (AKA white horse) does immense food, really good well worth a visit.
R
TDi90
~The DFYTR Moderation Team~

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal