AuthorTopic: Well know London based 4x4 Supplier rumoured to have q....  (Read 5565 times)

Offline Big-G

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Well know London based 4x4 Supplier rumoured to have q....
« Reply #60 on: March 24, 2006, 22:42:27 »
Quote from: "strapping young lad"
its freedom of speech as long what you saw is monitored and doesnt offend anyone ;)

Mmm yes i have always thought we lived under a dictatorship.  They will either lock you up or shoot you for that in some of the countries i work in....  better say nothing i think, my diplomacy is best left to ships (lack of it actually)
Geraint 'Big G' Jones

Mad Freelanders - Founder Member / Chairman - www.mad-freelanders.org.uk

GLASS - Member No 1903 - Gwent / Monmouthsire Area Rep - www.glass-uk.org

'Yes its a Land Rover - Tarmac roads came as an optional extra, i forgot to add them on.....'

Offline Range Rover Blues

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
    • South Yorkshire
  • Referrals: 0
Well know London based 4x4 Supplier rumoured to have q....
« Reply #61 on: March 25, 2006, 01:31:09 »
I was having a quick chat with Mr X-Eng at Donnington whilst admiring his wares (trying to persued someone I needed one more like) and we happened to get onto the subject under discussion at the top of the thread.

Now I know from a previous discussion on MC that the profit margin for, shall we call it the 'original' was very low, highly commendable and well done that guy.  So I have to wonder where the economic reason for the, shall we say 'latest version' is.  Unless they sell thousands then the manufacturer of the calliper is unlikely to give any serious discounts.  I think in this instance it's more about adding a prodcut to the line-up than doing it for the money.

Now if someone reproduces a good design and makes it cheaper, that's simple economics (the diff-guard being a case in point) but as with the arguament against video piracy, the copies do not help repay the cost of development  For that reason I think intelectual property needs to be better protected.  In this instance it is perhaps for us to look to our own concience.

As for all the other stuff, well I don't get in the bar too often at the Moment, I spend a lot of time in the tech. section and enjoy the time I spend there.  Let's not fall out over somehting we seem to agree on :wink:
Blue,  1988  Range Rover 3.5 EFi with plenty of toys bolted on
Chuggaboom, 1995 Range Rover Classic
1995 Range Rover Classic Vogue LSE with 5 big sticks of Blackpool rock under the bonnet.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal