AuthorTopic: water pump  (Read 340 times)

Offline POTASH

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
    • cheshire
  • Referrals: 0
water pump
« on: March 11, 2006, 17:04:22 »
have been trying to put a new water coolant pump on, that is when i can undo the nuts to get the old one off, have undone 3 up to now, why is an easy job always hard :evil:im sure they must be welded on :roll:
discovery200tdi homemade snorkel
                        homemade steering guard
                  homemade tank guard 
                  homemade light bar

Offline hobbit

Attack Member
water pump
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2006, 17:08:06 »
Be careful it will get a lot harder if you break any

Try if you can to put some pressure on the bolt head and tap the end with a hammer to help release it, also sometimes a slight pull on tightening it may help, then a little back and a little forward to loosen it off and liberal coatings of spray oil
Kev

'91 stretch Discovery 200 Tdi
Hybrid for running round (got to go now)
Srs 3 Lightweight petrol (got to go)
Srs 3 Lightweight petrol, runabout

Not every problem can be solved with duct tape, and it's exactly for those situations we have WD 40

Offline extreme90

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
  • say no to orange extreme bits !!
water pump
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2006, 23:17:54 »
try not to snap the bolts as that is the last thing you want especialy the three top ones on the right and the bottom left ones as some go into the block and some in to the timing case  :shock:  if you snap any your in deepest doo doo's  as you will have to take the timing cover off

what ever you do dont apply constant pressure as you going to snap something, you need to shock them loose, but first try to tighten the ones that wont budge, you'll proberly hear a crack if the go....dont panik uv broken the seal  :P  and they should go then

i would nip down to help you out as i only live by port vale up the d road from you.......bt i accedently broke the rear diff agen  :P  ....rover axles.....theyre crap lol

here is a 200tdi pump the ones in red are the usual absolute pigs as the wtaer seaps into them and the rust up to [!Expletive Deleted!]
and the ones in yellow are [!Expletive Deleted!] aswel and go into the timing chest

hope this helps

but as hobbit said try tapping the heads while adding a little pressure BUT put a piece of cardboard inbertween the rad to protect it as u dont want to bust the radiator  :shock:    pm me if you want any more help i can talk to you if you need a little more help
Dan Thomas,                  Matt Price
Team Relentless " No half measures "
Bobtailed Auto Td5 90 comp truck........... Got more tricks than a magician !!

http://www.Devon 4x4.co.uk >> for all your truck needs and more !!
http://www.Gigglepin4x4.net >> For when the going gets tuff, and one motor just isnt good enough !!!
http://www.gwynlewis4x4.co.uk >> the guy everyone forgets, but he doesnt forget your custom.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal