AuthorTopic: work  (Read 2983 times)

Offline timberdog

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
work
« on: February 25, 2006, 11:42:42 »
well had some bad news this morning as i am long trem sick at the moment and also trying to fight a tribunal at the same time at work i had a letter from work saying i am not getting any more sick pay due to being off 28 weeks.

This money is crucial to running our house it is £280 per month and goes towards the mortgage

They have also enclosed some information at least to say i may be able to claim Incapacity Benifit but this will take ages i bet??

My solicitor is trying to get a settlement agreement with work as they know they are in the wrong and if it goes to court i will probally win?, but i cannot go for another job as i must stay employed by them whilst trying to get a settlement or tribunal and this also means i will have no P45 to get another job etc...

The other problem is and i suppose it makes common sense for now is that i look after my 2 Yr old son in th day i would sooner look after him whilst at home than somone i dont know or trust..

My better half has stuck by me with this as she knows what work have done to me basicly gave me a Nervous Breakdown and depression .

She heard all the moans at nighttime when i was at work and i used to bite her head off due to the stressfull job i had as a manger at the time so one plus side is i am a differant man now and found out that i am not as stressed as before and we have a better Family life etc..

Trouble is that dont pay the Bills etc untill i get sorted out at work if at all??

We have took the desision to sell the House and downsize due to the Bills etc and i have got soem money tied up in the house to hopefully start a small Buisness up when we sell but due to them stopping me £280 per month i will have to try to seek cash in hand work as the better half has two days off in the week..

So if anyone local has any cash in hand work i would consider anything i aint bad with spanners / welding / I am even a not half bad Falconer due to owning birds..
I dont mind hard graft i also have expeiriance in Milking Heards fo Cows driving Tracotors / Disc Feilds/ Rolling / Anything i suppose....Desperate Dan!!!!

some might read this and think fancey posting somthing that private up how imbarrising but when you have to keep the Family and pay bills their is no pride invovled or shame so i have no problems in posting this any work would be appreceated or constructive help if possible.

Thank you for looking

Tim

Marriage is the only war where you sleep with
the
enemy.

Landys i Own:

90 COUNTY 200TDI
LIGHTWEIGHT 2 1/4
Range Rover Bob Tail 3.5V8

Offline V8MoneyPit

Attack Member
work
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2006, 12:02:46 »
Hey Tim, sometimes it helps to air stuff. I'm sure no-one on here will mind. Although I'm not in a position to help, I do wish you well and hope you get something sorted very soon.

Might be worth posting your location. Helps for anyone with some casual labour available.
Rgds
Steve

"Reality is wrong. Dreams are for real."

Land Rover build:
www.daisythediesel.com

Photos (my other passion and weakness):
http://www.flickr.com/photos/v8moneypit/

Offline timberdog

Attack Member
loc
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2006, 13:18:00 »
Thanks mate and sorry i am in Nuneaton warickshire :D

the
enemy.

Landys i Own:

90 COUNTY 200TDI
LIGHTWEIGHT 2 1/4

Offline K9Jim

Attack Member
work
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2006, 13:26:50 »
=D> fair play to you timberdog, it takes a lot to stand up and do what you have just done.
in case your intrested there is a courier company my old man is looking at at the mo, its a franchise but seems good, their called fastaway couriers, i believe they have a web site might be worth a look  :wink:
 :oops: i meant fastway couriers  :wink:

Offline Jake

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
  • <insert witty comment here>
    • South Molton, Devon. UK
work
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2006, 15:01:00 »
It takes a lot to stand in front of strangers and tell them your story
I respect that a lot
I hope you find something real soon.
Good luck.
 :D
Jake

Owner - Land Rover Discovery 2
Driver - Land Rover Defender 100" Trayback

Offline Colin 009

Attack Member
    • High Wycombe
work
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2006, 15:38:32 »
Tim, I too am being treated for depression, and know where you coming from.
Just remember there are plenty of people who can surport you

and have ago at claiming money/help with the  Incapacity Benifit as you should be intitled to it, have you got insurance cover with the mortage this should help to cover the cost for a while.

Anyway good luck withthe job search.

All the best.
Cheers.
Colin,
Shiny Blue Crew 009
                   "Everbody Has to be Somewhere"

Offline gtomo2

Attack Member
work
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2006, 16:09:51 »
yea good on you. Nothing wrong with what you said and are doing i will keep my ears open for you. and let you know if i hear anything that may be of use to you. All the best and good look
Mr Graeme Thomas (tomo)
300 TDi Discovery - So i can go fording
Stop laughing put the camera down AND PASS ME THE TOW ROPE !! PLEASE

Offline dave_2A_2.25Turbo

Attack Member
work
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2006, 16:10:57 »
I sympathise with your situation and I really hope you get it sorted out.

If your other half works, you/she should be able to claim Working families tax credits. that would also pave the way for Council Tax benefits etc.

A word of warning though about working cash-in-hand: It's not unknown for employers to investigate someone in your position, and if they could prove that you were working it could seriously damage your position regarding the tribunal - they'll be looking for any possible avenue of escape.  And working whilst claiming puts you on thin ice too!
Dave
1963 S2A
1992 Disco 200TDi
Sankey Widetrack

Offline timberdog

Attack Member
work
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2006, 16:30:16 »
Thanks i will look ate that site..

I am claiming Tax credits etc but it dont go far with Mortgage and gas etc etc etc..and four kids..I know should have behaved..

I know this is a risk trying to work but money dont grow on trees so to speak and we are really in the poo at the moment now they withdrawn the sick pay that went towards the mortgage... :cry:

I have just sat down and printed off some flyers for Gardening work you know lawns cut and borders etc..so if ya want some done :wink: ..

I am going to try to claim Incapacity bifit on Monday and i dont like living off the state never not worked apart from this spell and it drives me mad as well as with being in not the best health it is all compounded by worring about work what will they do next ie: Nice letters on monday morning whicjh i have to sign for them trying to get me back to work so they can sack me for long term sickness even though the Doctor has sent them a report stating i have work related stress and depression etc but they still hamper me.

I have had to inssit they do not contact me by phone now as they did phone me daily!!, the solictor has told them now i will only write to them to remove the constant worrie of the phone ringing it got to a point were by i could not even answer my own phone for fear of them trying to twist my words..

The solicitor ays they are defo at fault and myself being a Manger i know they breeched so many company regulations if it went to court i would probally win ..The solictor is now trying to broker a deal with them but still they dont want to pay me off :twisted:

The trouble is now as the old saying goes most often the resposabilty falls to the Male of the house to provide and compound this with worring about work and Bills its nnot doing me any great favours at all IE: Sleep and trying to convince my partner it all Ok!!

If they payed me off i could move on and relax a bit ..we are selling the house to downsize and i am trying to release some captitol to start a small buisness as i could not face this again..

Anyway thank for all the comments so far i will take note of all of them

Tim

the
enemy.

Landys i Own:

90 COUNTY 200TDI
LIGHTWEIGHT 2 1/4

Offline Colin 009

Attack Member
    • High Wycombe
work
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2006, 16:44:23 »
Dont feel bad about claiming from the state, you've paid enough stamps to be intitled to whatever you need,   There are plenty of people out there who are claiming for stuff their not enttitled to but still get it , so claim away.

I work full time and I'm careing for my mum who has Altihimzes, she gets full benfits and I've been told by a  women who came from the benifits office to put a claim in for a carers allowance. I didnt think I was entitled but she said "you dont get, if you dont try".
Cheers.
Colin,
Shiny Blue Crew 009
                   "Everbody Has to be Somewhere"

Offline bezzabsa

Attack Member
  • I'm BACK..possibly..LOL
work
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2006, 17:15:55 »
if they do try and get rid of you while on sick, take them to tribunal as its ILLEGAL  to sack you whilst under the quack
Be afraid. Be very afraid
YAM YAM SQUAD
Life's a journey - so remember to pay FULL fare!

Offline timberdog

Attack Member
WORK
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2006, 17:43:42 »
I will matey ..dont worrie trouble is even if they payed me say £15000 that wouldnt compansate for nearley a years salary or the crap they have put me through!!

Trouble is the solicitor has aid these cases are hard to  prove somtimes and you dont often get very much money for what they have done to you ..hard to prove i have kept Diarys over three years of working thier which is a bonus the main calim and Greivance they ignored was Bullying and unwated verball and non verball Bulling from a seniour Manger who only got promoted due to he ruled with a Iron Stick style and people were in fear of him untill i made a stand against him most of my claims against him existed but they chos to ignore it depite other employees saying the same about him but they would not interview them fully to prove or disprove this just said it will be alright sort of thing.

Were they fell down was by not investigating these allegations and also then moving me off site as they put it to diffuse to situation...Lol..ironic being has he was moved from another Depot for fighting and being called a bully thier and my site was the last port of call for him that bad!!!

Anyway they had to sort of investigate in the end and it caused a full dossia being produced but funny thing was they asked me to sgn a document before the investigation was released to me to say i would not talk to the Media or anyone!!..I know from being a Manger this was wrong it is your right to see the findings by law and comapny policy so i refused to sign it and then they dropped it and did push the issue of signing it thats when my solicitor got involed..best bit is i have not only those diarys but email sent from one manager to another backing up my foundations about the rumours about this person who was Bulling me o i can use that in court if need be..

Other things are they did not provide what in legal terms is a Care of Duty in the Workplace as i tried to go back to work and try to deal with the person myself and had to go home as he did not relent but after returning to work despite my GP saying i was suffering with Work Related Stress they did not ask if my workloads were ok or indeed get me to the company Doctor which they should have done!!!

the
enemy.

Landys i Own:

90 COUNTY 200TDI
LIGHTWEIGHT 2 1/4

Offline Marder Man

Attack Member
work
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2006, 20:22:39 »
If you get caught Tim you can say goodbye to everything.
 :(kerching):
MM
110 Defender 300Tdi

Offline timberdog

Attack Member
work
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2006, 20:38:28 »
yea not a good idea on reflection really just ya think of all sorts when you are up against it i am gonna claim and stick to being a good boy as you say aint worth it :cry:

the
enemy.

Landys i Own:

90 COUNTY 200TDI
LIGHTWEIGHT 2 1/4

Offline andyhubbard

Attack Member
BAD NEWS
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2006, 22:06:53 »
Good on ya Timberdog-at least you know were all on your side.

Offline Old Warthog

Attack Member
work
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2006, 09:32:48 »
Hi Timberdog,

I had a similar situation with a (female) boss from Hell.  She gave me a nervous breakdown and I can see now that the stress it put my partner through, eventually caused us to split up.

The good news is that you WILL come out the other side of it.  You sound like you have a loving and supportive family and that's an enormous plus for you.

Keep plugging away with your solicitor and listen to the wise words of the guys above.  Employers can be very underhand in these matters and you don't want to screw up a potentially large settlement for a few quid cash in hand.  Not only that when you get your incapacity benefit, then DSS finds you're working  - well goodbye to that too.

Anyway, for what it's worth, at least you now know that you are not alone in your experience ( and i'll bet there are lots of people out there going through the same thing).

I'm sure that eventually everything will work out for you.

All the best

Keith

Offline bullfrog

Attack Member
Sick
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2006, 22:24:21 »
I amin the same boat as you mate. If your work have a report saying you are unsuitable they can retire you on medical grounds..Fact !
I have just had my forms for the same.
It takes courage to tell others although I would be carefull about the cash in hand work ! I am probably going to jack in at my place as doc says my back is wrecked and i not do repetetive lifting. I am a multidrop driver so lifting is a big part of the job. I also have a rural route so take a lot of farm stuff out !

Hope your stress levels go down and your chin gos up ! :D
If you have paid in mate then take out ! you are entitled to it. It all helps. You may be able to claim more. If you are stressed in the job then leave. It wont affect your claim other than you may be able to claim for more as you are then out of work. If you think your stress will go away and you can return then stick it out and see. :?:
Your doctor and solicitor can advise you on this. :!:
I think your idea of house dad is great. As I am at home at the mo I can help out loads with our 7 week old daughter. Its magic as I am able to see those special moment that many new fathers miss. Worth more than any pay packet. I still have to pay the mortgage but I am positive and always look for the best in any situation.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal