Events, Gatherings, Out & About > Members' Travels

Out & About. Thursday 16th February

<< < (2/3) > >>

Muddi:
Goit stock is a nice place, as is Druids alter and lady blantyres rock, these can be both found at St Ives, in Harden - do you know it?? The canal is very touristy but still nice for walks -i.e the 5 rise locks and further down are the 3 rise locks in Bingley. Baildon moors you have already been to and I guess Shipley Glen (nice pub there) and I see you have been to Dick Hudsons - thats more an eating pub than  a pub nowadays - but still ok.  If you take the  road above Dick Hudson to the right and head towards Otley way there is a little pub on a bend (cant think of its name at the moment) thats nice and apparantly haunted!

Do you like walks , or prefer somewhere where you can easily access via motor?  Will dig out a few places, if you like?

--- Quote ---Muddi wrote:
So what motor do you drive?? Might of seen you maybe??

As mentioned below in my signature block Rolling Eyes Wink
--- End quote ---

oops! I noticed that after  I posted the message lol!  :oops:

sleeplessparadise:
You were also very near us today...... I was even at the gildersome shopping area around 1pm although on a very different mission to you........it being Johnty's birthday next week buying something nice............for myself  :wink:

Bush Tucker Man:

--- Quote from: "sleeplessparadise" ---You were also very near us today...... I was even at the gildersome shopping area around 1pm although on a very different mission to you........
--- End quote ---

And why not spend his money???

East Bierley?
I was around there the other week, as there's supposed to be, but I guess it's gone now a folly in a garden with water features & windmills.

'Muddi'

I know Druids & Blantires.
I'll hazard a guess that the pub you mention is heading back towards
Menston??
Glad you like my photos, it's taken a lot of time, diesel & effort to get them

Muddi:
Yup, thats it! Its called The Hermit!  Nice little pub - worth calling in if your ever passing!

sleeplessparadise:
Well I lived in East Bierley till I was 18 then moved back to my dad's house with my hubby and family last June. Don't know where the folly is but then even though I lived here all that time I didn't spend much time here  :lol: You know how it is when you are young..........you never appreciate what is right in your back yard!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version