AuthorTopic: Vitara wiring  (Read 738 times)

missroadrage

Vitara wiring
« on: February 04, 2006, 09:29:46 »
Hi does anyone know where the rear earth is supposed to be on a 92 Vitara hard top :?:
I have a dodgy rear light - my brake lights work ok on there own and my side lights work ok on there own - but if I brake whilst my lights are on my offside side light goes out & my brake light doesn't come on.

Any advice gratefully received :)

Also do you know where I would find the wiper intermittent controller / relay on same vehicle as I do not have intermittent at the moment & I think that's the cheapest place to start :?:

Thanks in advance

Offline Evilgoat

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Vitara wiring
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2006, 10:35:32 »
Might be just as easy to make a new earth. Most cars the earth feed is just attached to the chassis nearby (Audi has it right below each cluster). If you know the wire or you can work it out from the cluster wiring use a splice to add a new earth. I say splice as the other cluster might share the earth and cutting it wont help. Fill the splice with grease or wrap it in self annealing tape.

The intermittant Wiper relay is under the dash just above the drivers footwell with the fusebox there I beleive. I could be wrong but thats where the 'click' comes from on Rabbit.
I must confess the the activities of the UK governments for the past couple of years have been watched with frank admiration and amazement by Lord Vetinari. Outright theft as a policy had never occured to him.

-- (Terry Pratchett, alt.fan.pratchett)

EX HK Police Mitsubishi Pajero 2.8TD
Audi S2 Avant 360bhp
Transit LWB 2.5di (The Shed)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal