AuthorTopic: Clutch change  (Read 341 times)

defenderdan

Clutch change
« on: January 29, 2006, 23:43:36 »
My 1991 V8 disco needs a new clutch. I've changed defender clutches before and chose the floor out then drop the gearbox down option. Am i right in thinking this is not an option with a disco and the engine needs to come out.

Offline muddyweb

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Clutch change
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2006, 23:46:47 »
Do it all from underneath.  You don't need to take the engine out.  Just split the engine and box and slide the box backwards.  

A decent trolly jack, some straps, etc. will make the job do-able.   Much better if you have some company !
Tim Burt
Muddyweb
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
www.muddyweb.com
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

defenderdan

Clutch change
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2006, 23:48:25 »
Cheers Tim

Offline muddyweb

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Clutch change
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2006, 23:50:12 »
You'll probably need to lower the box in order to get to the bolts around the top of the bell housing... the bodywork gets in the way a bit on them.

Obviously you'll need to support the back of the engine too.

You only need to get the box back 6-8 inches to be able to work, so don't go made and take the whole thing out :-)
Tim Burt
Muddyweb
www.muddyweb.com

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal