AuthorTopic: Today I will be .....  (Read 277 times)

Offline Sheddy

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Today I will be .....
« on: January 21, 2006, 09:58:12 »
Yesterday  M.O.T'd the V-max and put it on Ebay, today I will be cleaning my series out, changing the tyres onto the powder coated rims, giving it a new MOT and putting that up too.

I have to sell these two vehicles to fund the purchase of either a defender110 or a Disco ..... but I am not enjoying it.  Like everyone else, I have sold vehicles at different times and for differing reasons.  It just seems that as I get older I get more attached to some vehicles.  The pick-ups at work get bought and sold with no emotion, they are just workhorses and theres no attachment to them.  the wifes car is generally sold at 3 years and a new one bought, both actions done with no emotion.  

My own vehicles are more like family members, my boys love 'em, I love 'em and the wife even get a bit attached to some of 'em.

Is this an age thing?  Can I expect to get more possesive about vehicles as I get older?
1991 Disco 1 V8 modded

Offline V8MoneyPit

Attack Member
Today I will be .....
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2006, 10:31:59 »
I've had an MG Midget since I was 17 and when I go they will have to dig me a big hole 'cos it's going with me  :D

No, my friend, you are not getting old.....  :lol:
Rgds
Steve

"Reality is wrong. Dreams are for real."

Land Rover build:
www.daisythediesel.com

Photos (my other passion and weakness):
http://www.flickr.com/photos/v8moneypit/

Offline Colin 009

Attack Member
    • High Wycombe
Today I will be .....
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2006, 10:44:18 »
Quote from: "V8MoneyPit"
I've had an MG Midget since I was 17 and when I go they will have to dig me a big hole 'cos it's going with me  :D

No, my friend, you are not getting old.....  :lol:

I've said they'll have to bury me in my Discovery, I love it so much. :wink:  :D
Cheers.
Colin,
Shiny Blue Crew 009
                   "Everbody Has to be Somewhere"

Offline paul_humphreys

Attack Member
Today I will be .....
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2006, 12:01:25 »
I on the other and have no problem letting them go. Just had that many its not a problem. I am one of the few who dont even name them.

Paul
LC 80 series 1993. 285/75/16s Cooper STTs, OME 850s on the front with 25mm packer, 868s on the rear. 4.88 diffs. Winch bumper with 12000lb winch. Factory lockers. HD rear bumper with wheel carrier and winch mount.

http://www.crag-uk.org

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal