AuthorTopic: Be wary of Paddock Motors!  (Read 4853 times)

Offline Damonski

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Cheshire :)
  • Referrals: 0
Be wary of Paddock Motors!
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2006, 14:42:37 »
That sounds a strange system, why take a 10 payment only to refund it later on ?

Never used them so cant really comment, but that system sounds bonkers
--

Damian

Range Rover Classic 2.4TD  | Disco 300 Mpi | Citroen Xantia Activa
plus other rainy day projects....

Facebook Me

Offline EvilEd

Attack Member
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2006, 14:56:04 »
I have had this before with various companies... usually when the transaction fails... It caused me no end of problems as we were talking about £3k at the time, failed first time and was rejected the second time with insufficient funds  :shock:  They phoned their merchant and they were less than helpful, fortunately the bank was more helpful and put a temporary overdraft facility in to cover the extra and waived the interest.

It's the merchants that do this.... not the company themselves and the company have no control over it.

If it goes on more than the 10 days, ask your card provider for proof that you spent the money or return it to your account. Unfortunately that can take time :(

[Edit]
Oh, forgot to mention... the money was still in my account, but it was "Unavailable" or "In Process" and as such, the bank locks that cash away to cover the request. This happens with all thransactions, when you hand the card over, the money is only reserved in your account, it's usually overnight or more before the money actually goes.

Offline Rangie3.0LtrDan

Attack Member
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2006, 14:59:01 »
Paddocks have said that it happens with every transaction and they are aware that it does happen, yet they wont put a warning or a note on their website, and the problem is they payment was declined cos the £10 was taken first, if the £10 hadnt been taken first the normal payment would have come out with no problems.

All it means now is Paddocks wont be getting me business anymore, and i shall go to Craddocks instead.
The difference between genius and stupidity is; genius has its limits.

1982 Range Rover 3.0Ltr Turbo Diesel - Redun

Offline Jas278

Attack Member
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2006, 15:19:51 »
I ordered £250 worth of goods online, ( last week) I asked for them tobe delivered a specific day, the goods arrived less £22.00 worth of bits of which they had refunded from the on-line transaction, I think you may have been unfortunate ,..everybody makes mistakes.........I think they are very good maybe you should give them another chance.......

Discovery TD5......Tricked Up..

Offline old joe

Attack Member
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2006, 15:54:00 »
i'll stick with paddocks

craddocks won't give them the time of day

dazza
Old Joe (Dazza)

The greatest lesson in life is to know that even fools are right sometimes.

Remember each and everyone of us is gifted, it’s just that some leave the wrapping on longer than others

A Journey of a Thousand Miles begins with a Single Step.

http://www.4x4prejudice.org/

www.rsda.org.uk

http://muppets.go.com/games/muppets-flyinggonzo.html

Offline Matt_H

Attack Member
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2006, 23:07:19 »
usual advice applies to this kind of thing - pay with a credit (not debit card) if problems arrise and retailer dont want to sort it out tell them you wil ask the cc company to place a charge back on the account.. If they dont jump when you mention charge back then phone the bank in question - they will normallt refund the charges over the phone (Nationwide does anyway)

I've done this when I've used cc to pay for good which were fualty, goods returned and refund issued but no refund of postage.  Phoned bank and they immediately refunded the postage back to my card.

The banks take a dim view of retailers taking the mick (as they have to cough up themselves) something in law about the cc and the retailer being jointly liable :-)

Matthew

Offline Bulli

Attack Member
« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2006, 23:27:40 »
sorry , but i have dealt with them again and no 10 quid upfront thing...dont know what you are on about. They would have to enter the transaction twice which quite frankly if theft! No one is at liberty to take money for nothing even if its temporary and I cant see Paddocks who have a pretty good reputation risking it for intrest on a tenner for a week!
If it happened you should be onto trading standards....
EFILNIKCUFECIN
Disco V8 3 dr - THROW ME A FRICKIN' BONE HERE.
3 link, lockers and 35's- NUFF said

Offline datalas

• Administrator
    Attack Member
« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2006, 07:41:05 »
can't say I've ever had *that* much of a problem with paddocks, although they have to some extent fallen out of favour in the last two years, well with me at least.

This isn't because of any strange transactions, or the time they got a little confused returning a clutch plate (they're human, and allowed a couple of minor hiccups) but simply that since I got the discovery nothing *much* has gone wrong with it, the bits which have are the usual safety-critical bits that go wrong (brake pads, CV joints etc) and in those circumstances I dislike fitting pattern parts.  

Yes you can get none pattern parts from paddocks, but usually speaking I can get them locally too, for not a great deal more.  (these are small items we're talking about).

then again, when I had the series, most of it fell off on a week by week basis and paddocks was more or less on speed dial.
--

Offline Rangie3.0LtrDan

Attack Member
« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2006, 09:37:34 »
As put forward by a mod, the views i have written are my own from my own experience, they are not the views of mud club (unless mud club wants them to be!!!!)

Offline kevhenson

Attack Member
« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2006, 20:01:11 »
cant say ive had this £10 thing either and have used them 3 times in the last month and loads over the past 18 months..must admmit it did make me check my statement tho!!... in fact the only error ive had is a bottle of swivel grease missing but when i rang them they were most apologetic and a bottle arrived the next morning... best place ive dealt with
98 Cherry 4l
LPG
Safari snorkel
2" lift..... just wants some 31's now

Offline Rangie3.0LtrDan

Attack Member
« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2006, 20:02:41 »
But according to Paddocks everyone has this £10 taken!!  This is why i am not happy, cos i know they havent done it with me before, but they say it happens with every transaction!

Offline Budgie

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
  • This post is best viewed on a computer.
    • Lochaber
« Reply #41 on: January 19, 2006, 00:39:51 »
I tend not to use Paddocks, mainly cos they are tied into a courier for  posting stuff up here and won't (or can't) use Royal Mail or Parcel Force who are the same rates for the Islands as the mainland.

I ordered some small service parts for the Rangie's engine and a set of front mats for the Disco, total price inc VAT was about £25.
They wanted another £16 postage when Royal Mail Standard Parcels would have charged just over £5.00!!  :shock:

I don't think so.

I've no gripe with the service and, when I have used them in the past, I've never been over charged or had parts missing. It's just the postage thing they have going just now.  :wink:

I have, however, seen signs in some places that state there will be a service charge for credit/debit card transaction of under a set amount.
I'm not sure about the reason but it maybe cos the companies get charged by the CC company or bank.  :?

Offline Jas278

Attack Member
« Reply #42 on: January 19, 2006, 08:54:50 »
Orders over £50.00 free p&p .............uk mainland anyway............

Discovery TD5......Tricked Up..

Offline Budgie

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
    • Lochaber
« Reply #43 on: January 19, 2006, 16:40:50 »
Quote from: "jas278"
Orders over £50.00 free p&p .............uk mainland anyway............

That's normally the problem "UK MAINLAND"!!  :evil:

Offline Frankie-Boy

• Administrator
    Attack Member
  • Hello to anyone lol
    • Northampton, UK
« Reply #44 on: January 19, 2006, 18:34:35 »
Just a thought Budgie, if its of any help to you and saves you money of course, you could have the stuff sent to me and I could post it up to you.

Duncan on Skye will vouch for me if need be, he knows me very well.
Frank Bayley,
Administrator
email:- frank.bayley@ntlworld.com

Offline Budgie

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
    • Lochaber
« Reply #45 on: January 19, 2006, 20:55:10 »
Thanks for the offer Frank, I'll keep it in mind.

I usually manage to find someone else that will post stuff to me at a good rate, DLS, Devon 4x4 & Craddocks are normally very good and if there is anything too heavy for normal post then I get it sent to an island parcel company who we have a warehouse in Inverness, then they bring it across for me, helps if you know the owner as well!  :wink:

When I won an ebay auction for a Rover V8 engine for the Rangie, the cheapest the seller could post it to me was £125 but it was only £45 to get it to Inverness and then £30 to get it over to here with the local company.

There's always answers to these little problems.  :D

Offline Dr Neil

Attack Member
« Reply #46 on: January 21, 2006, 20:19:08 »
ordered a clutch kit from Paddocks Monday night and it arrived Thursday morning and that was with free delivery. I can only only praise them on my past and present experiances with them!!!!
200tdi over 200kmiles
+2"lift.
Procomp Es9000 shocks
235 MT's on silver modulars
diff guards
tank guard
Paidia4x4 winch bumper.
Discoparts HD rear bumper.
Champion 10000N winch
CB and CDplayer
Safari snorkel
modified turbo actuator vac pipe pick up.
twin batteries with Paidia4x4 split charge system
roof lightbar

Offline Wanderer

Attack Member
« Reply #47 on: January 21, 2006, 20:27:56 »
I've got to say I've never had a problem with Paddocks.

There's always going to be a small percentage of people that have problems.

I had a bill that was around £350 and my card company said no. I paid with another card and everyone was happy. I certainly wasn't charged for the card not clearing.
Ed
1993 200tdi Snorkly

Offline ty

Attack Member
« Reply #48 on: January 23, 2006, 09:47:07 »
used paddocks for years never had any major problems with them, old man paddock can be a bit arrogant at times though, once the wife went for some parts and one of the old members of staff (nolonger their) gave her the wrong parts when she told him this he argued the point that she didnt know what she was talking about, she quietly informed him that she knew exactly was she was talking about as she qaulified areo engineer and built jet engines for a living, he shut up and fetched what she,d asked for,   having said that she.s had she same thing happen at halfords some spotty muldune tried it on and ended up with egg on his face in front of customers :twisted:  :twisted:
IF THE ONLY TOOL YOU HAVE IS A HAMMER EVERYTHING LOOKS LIKE A NAIL

is it worth ouwt

i love my kids but i cant eat a full one
v8 110 play thing
4.6 hse rangie

Offline hobbit

Attack Member
« Reply #49 on: January 23, 2006, 12:15:14 »
Looks like they have finally re vamped their website, got rid of that horrible black background layout
Kev

'91 stretch Discovery 200 Tdi
Hybrid for running round (got to go now)
Srs 3 Lightweight petrol (got to go)
Srs 3 Lightweight petrol, runabout

Not every problem can be solved with duct tape, and it's exactly for those situations we have WD 40

Offline Budgie

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
    • Lochaber
« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2006, 12:32:14 »
The new-look site is much better  :D , postal prices still the same for anyone on a UK island though.  :cry:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal