AuthorTopic: New Disco - tyres and stuff?  (Read 4506 times)

Offline beast5680

• Regional Rep
  • Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
    • hailsham east sussex
  • Referrals: 0
New Disco - tyres and stuff?
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2006, 12:17:22 »
Quote from: "BigA"
OK you have got me thinking now  :twisted: but......

if i fit 265\75\16' s to the Disco, wont this cause other problems, i am sure i had read threads about larger tyres rubbing when cornering, catching arches etc? I know i will need the lift, and that some adjustment will be required to the rear arches? but these are tight enough on the 90?

Problems i have had/am having with this size are

bearing in mind my tyres are on standard disco steels

had to adjust the steering stops
trim rear of rear arch though i might take a touch more off as under extremes they can catch still they also touch the mudguard brackets but i havent extended the bump stops yet
the front tyres will touch the spring turrets under articulation but that should stop with extended bump stops i made some crude spacers to test this out and it seems to support the theory :wink:

with a greater offset of wheel it would present a different set of problems in that they would foul the arches i suspect, at the minute they tuck up into the arches nicely with out touching on the front even on right or left lock
Neal

let him that hath understanding reckon the number of the beast

He, who laughs last, laughs best. He who laughs at Chuck Norris dies.

Offline BigA

Attack Member
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2006, 16:18:50 »
i am definitely leaning towards keeping the 265\75\16's and slapping them on the Disco, in fact yesterday i had decided this was the way to go, and only a 1" lift, hopefully keeping some resemblance of road handling in normal driving???  :lol:

But....... then i remembered that i think the BFG's are fitted on wider than standard rims...... will this be more of an issue?
1978 Series III 88"

Offline beast5680

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
    • hailsham east sussex
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2006, 18:41:12 »
if they are any greater offset than standard steels i think your arches will catch best way is to slap em on and just drive it gently while watching what happens if it works your quids in :D
Neal

let him that hath understanding reckon the number of the beast

He, who laughs last, laughs best. He who laughs at Chuck Norris dies.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal