Events, Gatherings, Out & About > Members' Travels

To Hell & Back!

(1/4) > >>

Bush Tucker Man:
Once more 'BTM' provides pictures for your pleasure.
The places I go to try & get interesting pictures for you lot :wink:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:

I ended up driving 10miles around the Holme valley after missing a turning & then walking about 2miles along an old road, not legally driveable (I don't think) which is a pity, as it's a lovely area

Although it seems they appeal to some members :lol:

Somehow, in a couple of months, the expression; 'When Hell Freezes over' will come true just here :lol:

There was an Austin K9 slowly returning to nature alongside a farmhouse called 'Elysium' on the road to hell

TimM:
Is that the Hades just north of Rochdale?

Never fancied going up there, the name makes it sound too cold, but maybe I should if they have been creative with their walls, what else is there worth seeing  :shock:

Bush Tucker Man:

--- Quote from: "TimM" ---Is that the Hades just north of Rochdale?

--- End quote ---

No Tim, it's to the south of Holmfirth, at roughly this point (th two buildings in the circle are the derelict cottages

On another forum ('T&T') I was directed to this site that features a walk around the area

We've also got other biblical/mythological referances up here; There's a village called Egypt west of Bradford (near New Holland)

There is also an Egyptian temple in the middle of Leeds, that latterly was part of the 'Kays catalogue' empires HQ (plus 2 Italianate chimnies in that same Leeds album)

TimM:
Is that the road that you don't tink is legally drivable?

It certainly looks like someone has driven it, either a farmer with legal access or someone who doesn't care ( :evil: ).

It looks a good route to follow  :wink:

Holmfirth ey.........

I like having short breaks up there, so I might venture out and find these places next time I'm up  :D

Bush Tucker Man:

--- Quote from: "TimM" ---Is that the road that you don't tink is legally drivable?
It certainly looks like someone has driven it, either a farmer with legal access or someone who doesn't care ( :evil: ).
--- End quote ---

That's part of it, I think farmer & the owner of a business a bit further along (behind my shoulder & mentioned in the link as an 'outdoors business') use it

--- Quote from: "TimM" ---
Holmfirth ey.........
I like having short breaks up there, so I might venture out and find these places next time I'm up  :D
--- End quote ---

If it co-incides with my days-off, I'll be more than happy to meet up, or provide OS refs for lanes & other things to do.

This is a nice little lane as well, but to the south-east of Holmfirth.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version