AuthorTopic: Speeding, likely outcome?  (Read 10280 times)

Offline Range Rover Blues

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
    • South Yorkshire
  • Referrals: 0
Speeding, likely outcome?
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2005, 19:40:30 »
I'm finding this all very interesting.  Now as an Instrutor I can't condone speeding but it's far worse done though the middle of a village (especially MY village) than on the M18, so that's one thing to be greatful for I suppose.  Now as he's being charged he should have been cautioned, that's my understanding although I don't know the script (it's not "you're nicked my son" like on The Sweeny).  Also if he gets 6 points or more within the first 2 years of his licence he's taking the test again, I'm not sure what applies to a ban after that period, it may be part of the sentance but for my money I'd have him retested if only to make him a probationary driver again.

I suppose as he's skint-as-strousers that it was your car too?  but any ban is likely to have an impact on next year's insurance, that's when he'll really regret it.
Blue,  1988  Range Rover 3.5 EFi with plenty of toys bolted on
Chuggaboom, 1995 Range Rover Classic
1995 Range Rover Classic Vogue LSE with 5 big sticks of Blackpool rock under the bonnet.

Offline MuddyMike

Attack Member
    • Leyburn, N. Yorkshire
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2005, 20:31:09 »
Quote from: "Range Rover Blues"
Also if he gets 6 points or more within the first 2 years of his licence he's taking the test again,

I suppose as he's skint-as-strousers that it was your car too?  but any ban is likely to have an impact on next year's insurance, that's when he'll really regret it.

He has held his full licence for 5 years so your first point is not a problem. No its his car, the one we bought him as a graduation present, we paid the first years tax and insurance as well but from then on its down to him.

I wonder if he has any redress over not being cautioned, but then again it would be 2 coppers word against his, so probably not worth the hassle

Mike
If you can't get there in a Land Rover you can't get there

Self built Range Rover/Lightweight hybrid (yes the one with yellow wheels)

Offline waveydavey

Attack Member
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2005, 18:45:28 »
That comment from EvilEd is plain scary !!!

Yes I can drive fast but it's illegal. I don't agree with some of our speed limits but that's the law, if you don't like the law that doesn't mean you can break it.

How would you feel if I stole your car because I felt that I should be allowed? You feel you should be allowed to break the law but it's other peoples lives you are putting at risk.
P38 Range Rover (BMW !!!)
Off Road camping Trailer - SA Design
And a boat - if you can call QM2 a boat?

Offline Priglet

Attack Member
« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2005, 20:15:04 »
Quote from: "MuddyMike"
Quote from: "Range Rover Blues"

I wonder if he has any redress over not being cautioned, but then again it would be 2 coppers word against his, so probably not worth the hassle

Mike

Possibly, a caution has to be read to him, once his identity has been established, before questioning for the answers to the questions to be admissible in court.

To obtain a conviction the police will have to prove he was driving - presumably they saw him and will say so in their statements - and the speed that he was doing which is recorded on their video/camera. They may have no need for his answers to any questions to be presented to the court which may mean they had no need to caution him.
Phil

Daisy the 110SW, a greenhouse on wheels.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal