AuthorTopic: just a little downpour  (Read 373 times)

Offline rokcrawlin

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
just a little downpour
« on: November 05, 2005, 21:45:39 »
The gremlins playground has opened up again Monday evening had the v8 chucking steam out of a core plug .........So Tuesday morning was spent pulling the motor down as it had had a rattley cam for a few weeks and the intentions were to fit a new one in it,  anyway got down to the camshaft and found the front cam bearing had turned and dropped back into the valley so it was a good job i was doing something about it, i then spent a few hours cleaning the crud from the rockers etc, and dusting down the new heads, ordered the cam bearings and timing chain, had to wait for the cam bearings, but hey they are here now, but now the motor is now goin to have to wait till monday before i get time to fix it ........who said semi -retirement was enjoyable.........do I leave it off the road and fix the transfer box or wait for the old one to go bang ...........well it is starting to sound like a cement mixer with a dozen bricks in it and it has done 389423 miles over 19 years
the intentions were to get it to 500,000 miles i guess i was out a little out on the rebuild time :oops:
everything in the path of life becomes clear when you get the wipers working .....................mmmmm then theres the washer bottle motor DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal