AuthorTopic: Half price Diesel  (Read 5813 times)

Offline fesuvious

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • water water everywhere, oh sh*t, Iv stalled it
  • Referrals: 0
Half price Diesel
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2005, 14:33:37 »
yes - absolutely - but where is the matchs behind what is and is not a safe mix

Not that i would be considering running a fleet on it.............
Recommended wading depth 500 inches, no wait, im sure that was milimetres. And let me get this right. The breakover angle is 80 degrees....??

Ahh, f**k it, Il give it a go anyway

Offline kev

Attack Member
Half price Diesel
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2005, 14:36:38 »
i found out the best mix through trial and error really and its about a 70% oil to petrol mix. if it wont start all you have to do is drain your fuel filter and fill it with diesel and away you go

Offline kev

Attack Member
Half price Diesel
« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2005, 14:37:56 »
if you actually go to some of those south american countries you find they run the lorrys on it out there

Offline fesuvious

Attack Member
Half price Diesel
« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2005, 18:15:47 »
Have just stuck 6 litres of veggie oil in tank......

will let you know....
Recommended wading depth 500 inches, no wait, im sure that was milimetres. And let me get this right. The breakover angle is 80 degrees....??

Offline philbert

Attack Member
Half price Diesel
« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2005, 19:04:17 »
before i converted i was happily running a mix of 30% veg oil to diesel in my tdi with no probs what so ever.
well only one problem all the hungry kids on the estate were following me!

Offline waveydavey

Attack Member
Half price Diesel
« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2005, 20:01:29 »
I did know a guy who used to run a 200tdi Disco all the time on a 50/50 mix. It is a bit smelly following it though, customs would notice easily.

Being in shipping we sent a Sample to FOBAS (They analise our fuel) Don't use old cooking oil at all, it came back as very acidic and would damage the engines.
P38 Range Rover (BMW !!!)
Off Road camping Trailer - SA Design
And a boat - if you can call QM2 a boat?

Offline fesuvious

Attack Member
Half price Diesel
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2005, 09:11:14 »
Yep, Im running ( purely as an experiment ) @ 20% new veg oil and no problems what so ever.

A friend of mine is going to try it in his company vehicles.

The TDI actually seems smoother. Could be a trick of the mind, but it seems smoother.

Offline philbert

Attack Member
Half price Diesel
« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2005, 09:51:52 »
:lol: Not a trick of the mind veg oil is a far superior lubricant compared to the sulphur they add to diesel.

So it should be smoother and quieter with less diesel knock

Offline Bob696

Attack Member
Half price Diesel
« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2005, 13:43:01 »
of corse they will say that or they wont be able to sell their kit.

I was round there lockup about 4pm yesterday and chatted to them for about 45 mins (betweeen phone calls). Their main business is the sale of the conversion kit so theya re bound to try and sell it to you to avoid the "dire consiquences".

I am trying a 25L to 15L mix at the moment which is about 60% I guess. Not doen many miles yet but the engine does sound happier  :shock:
"A wise man has something to say a fool has to say something"
"Think of it as evolution in action" and yes, I do know that I can't spell thank you.
200TDi 90  "Daisy" A.K.A. "Baby"
3.5L V8 110 "Sally". The camper van with an attitude problem.

LABOUR
Lying Arrogant Blair Oppressors of UK Rights

Offline Wanderer

Attack Member
Half price Diesel
« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2005, 13:51:49 »
I'd keep your receipts with you in the motor Bob. After all by buying from them with the duty already paid you're not doing anything wrong.

I think a lot of people would be using it legally if it was easier to pay the duty. Me, I'm paranoid and wouldn't want to lose my vehicle.

Ed
Ed
1993 200tdi Snorkly

Offline woody

Attack Member
  • Referrals: 1
Half price Diesel
« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2005, 13:55:04 »
In 1996, France’s Centre for International Cooperation in Developing Agro technical Research fuelled a Renault on rapeseed oil for 61,000 miles. Proving there are alternative fuels that can be used successfully without engine damage as long as the guidelines are followed, the kits are of a good standard and competent professionals carry out the installation work.  

Extract from the Veggievan:

just found this on the diesel veg site http://www.dieselveg.com
and it sounds very interesting :D  :D  :D
Never underestimate the power of a sick mind !!!!
What would scooby doo!!!!
remember if you camp next to the toilets you get to meet everybody at least once over the weekend
R reg Discovery 300tdi  NAMED: Scooby Doo !

colintandy

VEG FUEL
« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2005, 14:14:59 »
IN THE SHORT TERM IS A GREAT IDEAR GREAT SAVINGS ALOT MESSING ABOUT AND IN THE LONG RUN YOU WONT SAVE ANY THINK COS YOUR ENGINE WILL BE DEAD THE PROPERTIES IN VEG OIL ARE NOT THE SAME AS IN NORMAL OIL BEEN READING MANY ARTICLES AND THREADS FROM PEOPLE WHO HAVE ALREADY TRIED AND THE RESULTS ARE GREAT WHEN STARTED AND ALL SAY SAME THINK AFTER 12-18 MONTHS DEAD ENGINES KNACKERD FUEL PUMPS AND INJECTORS I WAS LOOKING BACK IN 1995 WHEN I HAD MY OWN TRANSPORT BUISNESS AND THERE WERE A FEW COMMERCIAL FIRMS WHO WHERE TRYING THIS NEW DEVELOPMENT OUT AND EVEN THEN THE RESULTS WERE THE SAME     ME I WOULD NOT PUT ANYTHINK ELSE BUT CLEAN DIESEL IN MY LANDYS WHAT WE NEED TO DO IS GET STRONG AS A NATION AND TELL MR BROWN WERE TO STICK HIS FUEL PRICES AND HIS EXCESSIVE VAT AND TAXES (SORRY TO RAMBLE ON THATS WHY I DO NOT OWN MY OWN BUISNESS ANYMORE I COULD NOT COMPETE WITH THE HIGH FUEL PRICES AND TAXES THAT US HAULIERS HAVE TO PAY )I HATE THIS SUBJECT IT GETS ME SO MAD!!

Offline woody

Attack Member
Half price Diesel
« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2005, 14:45:23 »
i average 6000-10,000 per year so the short term is 6-10 years
unlike haulage vehicles i worked on around 200+ thou km per 1st year
so it is a possability :D
remember if you camp next to the toilets you get to meet everybody at least once over the weekend

Offline woody

Attack Member
Half price Diesel
« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2005, 14:52:37 »
also almost three quarters of the price of fuel is tax
lets start by fighting to get that reduced
then lets take away our dependency on petrolium based fuels by creating an alternative
an alternative that can be replaced (possably help 3rd world countries out of debt)
if we dont need as much petrol/diesel then we are taking the pressure off suppliers
they won't be able to dictate the price to the rest of the world as they will have real competition for the first time
this is me rambling now
 but more choice over what we put in our tanks can only mean more competative pricing :lol:  :lol:

colintandy

fuel
« Reply #44 on: September 14, 2005, 15:01:50 »
i got to agree with you there mate take a look at this just found on the amusing websites link
 Ananova:  

Inventor turns dead cats into diesel [/size]

A German inventor says he's found a way to make cheap diesel fuel out of dead cats.

Dr Christian Koch, 55, from Kleinhartmannsdorf, said his method uses old tyres, weeds and animal cadavers.

They are heated up to 300 Celsius to filter out hydrocarbon which is then turned into diesel by a catalytic converter.

He said the resulting "high quality bio-diesel" costs just 15 pence per litre.

Koch said the cadaver of a fully grown cat can produce 2.5 litres of fuel - meaning around 20 cats are needed for a full tank.

He said: "I tank my car with my own diesel mixture and have driven it for 105,000 miles without any problems."

Annelise Krauss of the Dresden Animal Protection Association blasted Koch's new diesel though, saying: "This is as bad as experimenting on animals."

colintandy

fuel
« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2005, 15:03:21 »
im looking at designing some sort of cat trap now he he

Offline philbert

Attack Member
Half price Diesel
« Reply #46 on: September 14, 2005, 19:07:25 »
regardless of what we do the government wont reduce fuel duty.once we have an alternative they will just tax that as highly.they rely on the motorist to line their pockets.
all i'll say is feck them once i've got enough cash scraped together i'm leaving for sunnier climes.

sick off being taxed at source,taxed on everything i buy,taxed on any money i manage to save,and if i live long enough my pension will be taxed too!

Rant over!

Offline Xtremeteam

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
  • Its just the way i roll
    • lampeter, west wales
Half price Diesel
« Reply #47 on: September 14, 2005, 19:14:07 »
Quote from: "philbert"
regardless of what we do the government wont reduce fuel duty.once we have an alternative they will just tax that as highly.they rely on the motorist to line their pockets.
all i'll say is feck them once i've got enough cash scraped together i'm leaving for sunnier climes.

sick off being taxed at source,taxed on everything i buy,taxed on any money i manage to save,and if i live long enough my pension will be taxed too!

Rant over!

Phill,Fancy goin 1/2's on a nice pad in monaco??  :lol:  :lol:
Mike
I can Drive.. You can criticize..
I too can criticize like you.. but can you Drive like me??

Offline philbert

Attack Member
Half price Diesel
« Reply #48 on: September 14, 2005, 19:18:55 »
sure mikee only thing is it would need a huge garage for all our motors

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal