AuthorTopic: perfect ,well almost  (Read 1544 times)

Offline way2deep

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
perfect ,well almost
« on: July 16, 2005, 22:42:47 »
managed to get a tax exempt rangie it's a 1980 but cos it's an ex event ambulance it's tax free,and cos it's a 1980 it is covered by my trade insurance too ,perfect ,well almost just needs a diesel for economy and deep water wading  :D  :D
robbie
200 tdi rangie  1989  4dr

Offline Budgie

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
  • This post is best viewed on a computer.
    • Lochaber
perfect ,well almost
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2005, 00:01:53 »
Don't quote me on this as I'm probably wrong but, I thought that a vehicle like an ambulance or fire tender only remained tax exempt provided that that is all it is used for. If you change the useage then tax is due on it. :-k

Unless you intened to use it as an ambulance that is!! :wink:

Offline Budgie

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
  • This post is best viewed on a computer.
    • Lochaber
perfect ,well almost
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2005, 00:41:55 »
I assume Robbie has already looked into this but it's handy for anyone else that's thinking about buying an ex ambulance/fire tender thinking it's tax exempt. ;)
I found the following in the HMSO website in the Vehicle Excise and Registration Act 1994 (c. 22)    
SCHEDULE 2

Exempt vehicles   

Ambulances and health service vehicles

6.—(1) An ambulance is an exempt vehicle.

(2) In sub-paragraph (1)"ambulance" means a vehicle which—

(a) is constructed or adapted for, and used for no purpose other than, the carriage of sick, injured or disabled people to or from welfare centres or places where medical or dental treatment is given, and

(b) is readily identifiable as a vehicle used for the carriage of such people by being marked "Ambulance" on both sides.

7.    A vehicle is an exempt vehicle when it is being used or kept on a road by—

(a) a health service body (as defined in section 60(7) of the [1990 c. 19.] National Health Service and Community Care Act 1990) or a health and social services body (as defined in Article 7(6) of the [S.I. 1991/194 (N.I.1).] Health and Personal Social Services (Northern Ireland) Order 1991), or

(b) a National Health Service trust established under Part I of the National Health Service and Community Care Act 1990 or the [1978 c. 29.] National Health Service (Scotland) Act 1978 or a Health and Social Services Trust established under the Health and Personal Social Services (Northern Ireland) Order 1991.

8.    A vehicle which is made available by the Secretary of State—

(a) to a person, body or local authority under section 23 or 26 of the [1977 c. 49.] National Health Service Act 1977, or

(b) to a local authority, education authority or voluntary organisation in Scotland under section 15 or 16 of the National Health Service (Scotland) Act 1978,

and which is used in accordance with the terms on which it is so made available is an exempt vehicle.           

9.—(1) A veterinary ambulance is an exempt vehicle.

(2) In sub-paragraph (1)"veterinary ambulance" means a vehicle which—

(a) is used for no purpose other than the carriage of sick or injured animals to or from places where veterinary treatment is given, and

(b) is readily identifiable as a vehicle used for the carriage of such animals by being marked "Veterinary Ambulance" on both sides.

Offline hobbit

Attack Member
perfect ,well almost
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2005, 08:58:33 »
Mine's an ex ambulance, but would have to pay road tax if it wasn't on disabled excemption

No longer kitted out when I got it though
Kev

'91 stretch Discovery 200 Tdi
Hybrid for running round (got to go now)
Srs 3 Lightweight petrol (got to go)
Srs 3 Lightweight petrol, runabout

Not every problem can be solved with duct tape, and it's exactly for those situations we have WD 40

Offline Xtremeteam

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
  • Its just the way i roll
    • lampeter, west wales
perfect ,well almost
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2005, 11:33:59 »
dads 110 was  originally a mountain rescue ambulance & he had to go & change the tax satatus over from tax exempt to taxed as it was no longer being used as an ambulance
Mike
I can Drive.. You can criticize..
I too can criticize like you.. but can you Drive like me??

Offline way2deep

Attack Member
ambulance
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2005, 23:26:51 »
motor will be in attendance at off road sites and green laning only not daily use ,so if anyone gets injured i can give them a lift to hospital. :twisted: first aid kit ,fire extinquisher  etc will be carried ,
robbie

Offline Xtremeteam

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
  • Its just the way i roll
    • lampeter, west wales
perfect ,well almost
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2005, 00:11:02 »
first aid kit ,fire extinquisher etc will be carried ,

carry that in my car& in the recovery 110 & there not tax exempt!! only way it can be tax exempt i "think" is if it is used by st johns etc ,as in a registered first aid type organisation
Mike
I can Drive.. You can criticize..
I too can criticize like you.. but can you Drive like me??

Offline way2deep

Attack Member
ambulance
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2005, 00:34:54 »
will have to dig deeper into this....although it still gets tax exempt disc at post office,strange.
robbie

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal