AuthorTopic: Land Rover Owner -Tough Choice article Defender vs Santana  (Read 17132 times)

colintandy

santana
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2005, 20:34:10 »
who cares about santana i got 3 landies would not drive anythink else
its spanish its like talking about bmw x5 or that thing that porsch have made for people with lots of wonga and no style but hey im british drove landies since i joined forces in 1984 and im proud of being british and if it aint a landy for me it just aint good enough i dont care about models its the fact that im paying my good hard earned money back into somethink that no other manufacture could produce and thats loyalty and thats the difference between ourselfs and that green oval badge if you read about the aid agencys are now comming back to landrover as there preferd choice of vehicle because when all the other makes go past there 3 year mark they have to be replaced but the aid agencys are comming back because they know that out in the field the landy is the best for themselfs and the people they are helping and you know that the landy is the best for maintainence out in the field  its been going since 1948 or near that time and i belive the new rangeroversport is going to revive landrover and put us back up there but we need these yuppies with lots wonga to do that just so you know merc benz are going to be recalling 1.3 biliion cars worldwide for brake faults now thats not good

Offline Sider

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Re: santana
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2005, 07:20:23 »
Quote from: "colintandy"
who cares about santana i got 3 landies would not drive anythink else
its spanish its like talking about bmw x5 or that thing that porsch have made for people with lots of wonga and no style but hey im british drove landies since i joined forces in 1984 and im proud of being british and if it aint a landy for me it just aint good enough i dont care about models its the fact that im paying my good hard earned money back into somethink that no other manufacture could produce and thats loyalty and thats the difference between ourselfs and that green oval badge if you read about the aid agencys are now comming back to landrover as there preferd choice of vehicle because when all the other makes go past there 3 year mark they have to be replaced but the aid agencys are comming back because they know that out in the field the landy is the best for themselfs and the people they are helping and you know that the landy is the best for maintainence out in the field  its been going since 1948 or near that time and i belive the new rangeroversport is going to revive landrover and put us back up there but we need these yuppies with lots wonga to do that just so you know merc benz are going to be recalling 1.3 biliion cars worldwide for brake faults now thats not good

Colin, no offence, but driving a Land Rover, we are actually driving American, not British, since LR is owned by Ford.

I have always found that this kind of extreme nationalism is out of order, IMHO, and this comes from someone who pledged allegiance to the Spanish Crown on top of the Spanish Constitution (was a Royal Guard for 3 out of my 5 years in the Cavalry).

At the end of the day, no matter what vehicle you buy, you are not buying British, at least not since the demise of Rover, and who wanted to buy a Rover anyway? :twisted:

Edit: And BTW, comparing the Santana to the X5 or the Cayenne is simply ludricous. The Santana is, with very little variations, a direct descendant of the Series.
Nico

Nobody expects.....The Spanish Inquisition!!!

Offline Bush Tucker Man

Attack Member
Land Rover Owner -Tough Choice article Defender vs Santana
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2005, 10:19:54 »
Yep!

Even TVR is owned by a Russian now.

Morgan are still very British (as far as I know)
Caterham have been sold recently, but still British owned

There's simply dozens of small 'kit-car' (for want of a better phrase) manfacturers that are British (even if the componants/donor cars are foreign owned/built)

IBEX for one are British owned
Richard A Thackeray 
Defender 110Td5 'Heritage Gone, but not forgotten
Jaguar XKR; X88 JLT, also 'gone, but not forgotten'

Yorkshire Born & Bred, and proud of it.

"You Can Allus Tell A Yorkshireman, But You Can't tell Him Owt!"

Offline davidlandy

Attack Member
Land Rover Owner -Tough Choice article Defender vs Santana
« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2005, 09:44:10 »
there was a time (when Rover went to BMW) when the largest uk owned manufacturer of cars was the one the makes the london taxis, I was told.
Dave
Sniff, sniff, this mud smells funny

Offline Manicminer

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
Re: santana
« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2005, 10:02:12 »
Quote from: "colintandy"
im british drove landies since i joined forces in 1984 and im proud of being british and if it aint a landy for me it just aint good enough i dont care about models its the fact that im paying my good hard earned money back into somethink that no other manufacture could produce and thats loyalty

Only a small portion of your hard earned cash goes back to the manufacturer - the rest is swallowed up by retail and distribution.
That's why most British manufacturers have had to sell out.
One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal