AuthorTopic: Diesel leak  (Read 8227 times)

Offline Range Rover Ron

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
    • Bebington, Wirral.
  • Referrals: 0
Diesel leak
« on: May 25, 2018, 10:27:18 »
I've got a problem with a leak on my 2004 Td5 Disco.
There's a pool of fuel in the sunken section of the fuel take where the sender/pump fits.
I've replaced the four fuel pipes and checked that they are sealed and snapped into the unions on the top of the pump.
I've renewed the rubber seal on the pump/sender.
I sat and watched for ages to see if there is a leak on the top of the pump but can see nothing, I've held brown paper all around the top of the pump to show if there is a fine spray coming out of a small unsighted split and found nothing.
The only thing now is for me to take the tank out, which is obviously a big job for me to do on my own, on my drive. The one thing I think I will check is that the seal on the sender/pump is fitted correctly but apart form that I'm not sure where to go from here.
Has anyone had a similar problem.
The problem manifests by fuel leaking down both sides of the fuel tank, due to cornering, then the fuel drops down over the rear chassis legs, while parked overnight and leaves a "dinner plate" size mark on both sides of the Disco on the drive.
Any pointers or suggestions would be much appreciated.
Cheers.
Ronnie Wood, LLROC

Suicide:- a permanent sollution to a temporary problem!

ONE LIFE. LIVE IT.

Offline NiteMare

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Birmingham by The Fort
    • Birmingham by The Fort
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Diesel leak
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2018, 04:04:42 »
i know this reply may be a little late but the fuel lines run thru a crossmember right by/above the tank ( a proper stupid design feature) and i have seen one fracture there which then p*ssed fuel out when the pump was fired up
it ain't broke ...

i ain't fixed it enough

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal