AuthorTopic: ACE dashboard light  (Read 4473 times)

Offline Range Rover Ron

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
    • Bebington, Wirral.
  • Referrals: 0
ACE dashboard light
« on: May 14, 2017, 21:25:03 »
I've not long got a D2, 2002 vintage. I've had the amber ACE light on the dashboard come and go in the weeks since I've had it. now the amber light has turned to red. I've looked through the owners handbook and it says to take it to an expert and do not drive. Anyone understand what is going on? The Disco has had the air bags changed for springs by a previous owner. It's a greenlaner. Cheers.
Ronnie Wood, LLROC

Suicide:- a permanent sollution to a temporary problem!

ONE LIFE. LIVE IT.

Offline Range Rover Blues

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
    • South Yorkshire
  • Referrals: 0
Re: ACE dashboard light
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2017, 01:13:53 »
Hi Ron.  I don't know a lot about the ACE but it has a hydraulic system to interact with the anti roll (sway) bars in addition to the rear air suspension.

You'll probably need a code reader to interrogate the ECU and find out what the problem is.

There may be a dedicated plug in reader available like the ones offered for my RRC, I think they were refered to as a "kicker" because they were used to reset the ECU fault codes but not reprogram them.

I do remember that on the Disco2 active suspension you can't program the rear height either, you have to set the current height as the default.  One possibility is that the ECU can't get the rear end back to the correct or default height, possibly because you have loaded the rear end?

Have the load height sensors been removed?
Blue,  1988  Range Rover 3.5 EFi with plenty of toys bolted on
Chuggaboom, 1995 Range Rover Classic
1995 Range Rover Classic Vogue LSE with 5 big sticks of Blackpool rock under the bonnet.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal