AuthorTopic: 200ydi white smoke  (Read 5523 times)

Offline trickydicky

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • took some bits off now its streemline
  • Referrals: 0
200ydi white smoke
« on: December 27, 2013, 09:05:30 »
hi all merry xmas . iv just brought a 200tdi and it starts on the button but I noticed the glow plug relay was unplugged so I pluged it in and I get loads of white smoke iv unplugged it and its fine has anybody had this problem before ?

Offline hrh_dave

• Administrator
    Attack Member
    • Lybster, Caithness
  • Referrals: 1
Re: 200ydi white smoke
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2013, 18:25:59 »
Possibly that the relay isn't turning off the glow plugs, from cold get somebody to turn the ignition on and put a meter on one of the glow plugs and see if they are turning off about about 5 seconds...

Dave
"Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away."
www.terranomade.co.uk

Offline trickydicky

Attack Member
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2013, 19:08:12 »
good plan ill let you know what happens . iv got a few other issues at the moment the headlights had been wired to the back of the radio then after a few sparks I decided to get rid of everything that wasn't loom all the back of the clocks were melted and the fan was permanently wired to a live so it was always on full :shocked: :shocked:

Offline hrh_dave

• Administrator
    Attack Member
    • Lybster, Caithness
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2013, 21:33:16 »
Sounds like the a bit of a muppet that had it before your... If its in that much of a mess, might be time to find a loom for it... At least you know its new and correct from the start..
"Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away."
www.terranomade.co.uk

Offline trickydicky

Attack Member
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2013, 09:21:37 »
my mate flogged me a new binicle and clocks and amazingly the loom seems untouched . I think he just pluged thing in to the loom randomly the only damage seems to be the clocks and the heater box . im hoping to get it all back in today I know the headlights and indicators don't work but hopfully an easy fix . ill let you know how I get on

Offline trickydicky

Attack Member
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2013, 14:57:36 »
job done iv put it back to standard and taken out all new wires and it all works fine . im much happier now thanks for the input

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal