AuthorTopic: What show's do you watch and why?  (Read 1981 times)

Offline Welshbreed

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Motorsport Service & Repair Level 3 Technician
    • @MrSmeeZus
  • Referrals: 0
What show's do you watch and why?
« on: March 02, 2013, 20:43:12 »
I tend to find myself only watching a hand full of channels now, mainly discovery channel.

The shows I watch regularly

Fast 'N Loud - Gas Monkey Garage, building hot rods and auctioning them off at no-reserve, I'd say this is currently my favorite show. I think I just have an affinity with their lifestyle choices.

Wheeler Dealers - Who doesn't watch this? Watch Mike Brewer and Edd China flipping cars found in newspapers, auctions or wherever else mike can find them Edd will restore with excellent results almost always making a profit.

... Is Born Series' - A brilliant show to that has Mark Evans and friends fully restoring/building something and great tips and basics for the home mechanics, as well as information on licencing and the like, a very well rounded and much watch set of shows.

Top Gear & T.G. USA - I watch both the UK and USA versions and am impressed with both. The USA version with Rutledge Wood, Tanner Foust and Adam Ferrara, a lot of repeated UK stuff, but there is a lot more 'adventures' with american 4x4s and the like. Slightly less entertainment than UK but interesting non-the-less

Beetle Crisis - A short series initially following a couple of rebuilds, but ends following a series of vehicles based out of one shop (which has since closed down). If your a beetle  fan it is a much watch, but I just watch it to remind myself of the pain involved with fixing up a vehicle, and remind myself I'm not the only one suffering. Some good tips can be found here too.

There are a tonne of other programs I watch on a much lesser sequenced arrangement, Many are good for their own merits but I tent to watch stuff for tips / inspiration / common faults etc

Other shows I watch include:
Gold Rush
Jungle Gold
Moonshiners
Mythbusters

and some stuff thats not on Discovery
Two and a Half Men
Friday Night Lights

If nothing else is on I'll watch a mixture of cartoons and or panel shows such as Family guy or Mock The Week.

What do you watch??

Offline lambert

Attack Member
  • and then as if by magic
    • harrogate
Re: What show's do you watch and why?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2013, 21:32:08 »
Fast and loud check.
Wheeler dealers check.
Top gear check.
Is born check.
Mythbusters check.
Moonshiners check.
Also son's of guns
Csi Vegas
Counting cars
Lizard lick towing
Lambert Coverdale.

As slow as possible, as fast as necessary.

Two and a half litres of turbocharged diesel goodness.

Offline lambert

Attack Member
  • and then as if by magic
    • harrogate
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2013, 17:03:00 »
Just seen an advert for driven to extremes a 3 parter on discovery punting a 4x4 over jungle ice and sand could be good.
Lambert Coverdale.

As slow as possible, as fast as necessary.

Two and a half litres of turbocharged diesel goodness.

Offline LandRoger

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
    • Salisbury Plain Wilts.
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2013, 21:25:50 »

If its not on Sky Sports 1234 +ESPN then I don't watch it ! cant watch Yank crap all kids also Clarkson and his idiot friends make me shiver total dross imo,i have a smart tv so seem to watch more U Tube than TV. :cool:
K.I.S.S. Keep It  Simple Stupid          
I am not a complete IDIOT !! have no right thumb,
1961.Series 2 v8  + 03 Vitara SWB.
MG Midget 2,0L Pinto 1973  (swifty).

Offline Welshbreed

Attack Member
  • Motorsport Service & Repair Level 3 Technician
    • @MrSmeeZus
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2013, 22:31:37 »
Just seen an advert for driven to extremes a 3 parter on discovery punting a 4x4 over jungle ice and sand could be good.

Yeah that does look good... I need to remember to put it in the box. Should be good to see them actors in a real life situation especially the guy who plays the new superman.

If its not on Sky Sports 1234 +ESPN then I don't watch it ! cant watch Yank crap all kids also Clarkson and his idiot friends make me shiver total dross imo,i have a smart tv so seem to watch more U Tube than TV. :cool:

Well each to their own I guess. I don't really use the internet on my TV tbh, usually just scroll through youtube when I'm bored out of the house. But some good people to watch (If you don't already) would be trailer fitters tool box and the like. I watch so much "Yank Crap" it's unbelievable... seriously have to remember not to call disks rotors etc.

Formula F1 has been good too, and I do watch Wales when they play Rugby or the NFL.

I think I would get on quite well over there. Especially in Dallas or California. Although I am too poor for Cali.

Offline LandRoger

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
    • Salisbury Plain Wilts.
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2013, 00:35:08 »
Don't know how you tolerate Yanks childish thicko,s  all that gimmie five stuff  :rolleyes: just not cricket old boy ! :evil:but as you say each to his own,
K.I.S.S. Keep It  Simple Stupid          
I am not a complete IDIOT !! have no right thumb,
1961.Series 2 v8  + 03 Vitara SWB.
MG Midget 2,0L Pinto 1973  (swifty).

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal