AuthorTopic: caught in the crossfire  (Read 1520 times)

Offline lambert

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • and then as if by magic
    • harrogate
  • Referrals: 0
caught in the crossfire
« on: February 14, 2013, 05:51:56 »
Once again my life descends into chaos. As some may know i have a difficult relationship with both my old man and my wife. She hates him and whilst he may never admit it he hates her. In this latest outbreak she has booked a non refundable holiday in Scotland in July. He has turned round and asked me which i think is most important my continued enjoyment of farming or going on holiday. Personally i think he is being a lot of a hypocrite as it's not like he has never been on holiday. By the same token she could have asked me first. I know there is time yet to sort it out but then to have him telling me how we as a business can minimize any exposure if i get divorced and to have her bring up how close we came to separating over much less a few years back is all giving me the fear.

Sorry to air in public but i need it off my mind.
Lambert Coverdale.

As slow as possible, as fast as necessary.

Two and a half litres of turbocharged diesel goodness.

Offline Welshbreed

Attack Member
  • Motorsport Service & Repair Level 3 Technician
    • @MrSmeeZus
Re: caught in the crossfire
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2013, 20:33:13 »
Fathers will love ya pretty much no matter what you do. Wives rarely have unconditional love. If you want a new one, don't go on holiday.

But than, what the hell do I know about it?

Go with your gut. I'm not exactly close to my family so would be the wife every time.

Offline lambert

Attack Member
  • and then as if by magic
    • harrogate
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2013, 04:55:53 »
I was listening to hirstys breakfast show on Leeds capital radio yesterday and one of the features is asking for life advice. It is very funny as basically the advisors go off on a rant. Anyway the up shot was to suggest that all women are mental and all blokes are idiots. Accepting that truth i wonder which is the more idiotic course of action staying with a mental or getting a divorce over a holiday. Neither sounds particularly sensible to me but i'm an idiot.
Lambert Coverdale.

As slow as possible, as fast as necessary.

Two and a half litres of turbocharged diesel goodness.

Offline LandRoger

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
    • Salisbury Plain Wilts.
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2013, 18:26:18 »

TBH I don't know how you can discuss your family affairs in public I can only think that you must be desperate ,and by the same token I don't feel able to make a judgement or comment but I wish you well and hope you make the right decision for all concerned. :sad: :blank:
K.I.S.S. Keep It  Simple Stupid          
I am not a complete IDIOT !! have no right thumb,
1961.Series 2 v8  + 03 Vitara SWB.
MG Midget 2,0L Pinto 1973  (swifty).

Offline bezzabsa

Attack Member
  • I'm BACK..possibly..LOL
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2013, 20:12:51 »
I'm not especially close to my Parents - and I'm about to get wed for the 3rd time....So I'm sorry but I have no advice except " If she asks you to choose between her and family......go with family"
its a hard one but at the end of the day if you even think about upsetting the Inlaws thats usually a divorce there!!!
LOL
Be afraid. Be very afraid
YAM YAM SQUAD
Life's a journey - so remember to pay FULL fare!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal