AuthorTopic: Mobile Phone's  (Read 1335 times)

Offline Welshbreed

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Motorsport Service & Repair Level 3 Technician
    • @MrSmeeZus
  • Referrals: 0
Mobile Phone's
« on: February 03, 2013, 14:35:32 »
So I just got myself a new phone as my contract was due and as a 'valued customer' (and the fact that I said I didn't wish to renew) I was offered a new package and handset, and have since got myself a nice little deal thanks to the sales customer service girl

Anyway, the point is that I got myself a new(ish) Android phone (Samsung Galaxy SII) Which is not the newest phone on the shelves, but for the price and what comes with it, I'm more than happy. It made me wonder how much would I really have been willing to change from one Operation system to another, I mean every time (for example) Windows PC version upgrades it takes me 20 times longer to change the background picture on my darn Desktop. I Think I am an Android man, for now at least.

So I ask, What software do you use on your phone and when you 'upgrade' would you be willing to try something new?

« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 14:37:35 by Welshbreed »

Offline lambert

Attack Member
  • and then as if by magic
    • harrogate
Re: Mobile Phone's
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2013, 15:35:15 »
Android and have been for years and will stay this way.
Lambert Coverdale.

As slow as possible, as fast as necessary.

Two and a half litres of turbocharged diesel goodness.

Offline UKJeeper

Attack Member
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2013, 18:24:52 »
Android here too. (Galaxy Note 1). Like it as i can tinker with it, especially custom roms. The one i'm running right now is JellyBean, with the latest Samsung 'bits', including multiscreen, but still getting 50% battery life than stock. Can't play around like that on the other OS'es.

There's no other OS i'd move to, currently. I've dabbled with IOS, and Windows Phone (again, custom WP roms on an HTC HD2 i had for a long time), but they're very limited in what can be tweaked. Especially IOS, ie; nothing can be played with.

The new BB OS is long way from being competitive, imo. Played with one of the new ones recently and see a lot to be improved.

Offline Welshbreed

Attack Member
  • Motorsport Service & Repair Level 3 Technician
    • @MrSmeeZus
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2013, 20:09:51 »
I've not yet had much of a look at the new OS from blackberry, I tended to neglect them from my shortlists to be honest as I think they have the same design team as the Porsche 911 guys. Still I did notice this possible landmark from them when I was looking

Called a Z10 and supporting the new OS (10th Version)

Also did you know Blackberry's parent company was "Research In Motion" and only changed their name to Blackberry on Jan 30th 2013.

Offline Landy1uk

Attack Member
  • Who Said I can't go there?????
    • Near the next village in Hertfordshire
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2013, 12:24:46 »
I Have the Samsung Galaxy Fit GT-S5670  been the best  phone i've had and the package deal i got is good unlimited internet and all the data i can use so in ares where the lap top get no signal just hook the phone to laptop and back on the internet lol

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal